Why doesn't God make their existence more obvious?

I did. BY DEFINITION!!!
Give the definition of existence.
Or should I say, give the one you are using.
AND the fact that to claim otherwise leads one to violate the law of non-contradiction.
"There was nothing, then, something" does not violate the LONC.
Nor does "there was something, then, nothing".
To claim that existence doesn't exist is a contradiction!
I agree.
But you seem to be conflating the state/property of existence with the things that exist.
Likewise, to claim that nothing exists is also a blatant contradiction.
Again, agreed.

But to claim that nothing existed, then something existed, is not.

Give the definition of existence.

existence

1a : the state or fact of having being especially independently of human consciousness and as contrasted with nonexistence

"There was nothing, then, something" does not violate the LONC.
False. You're now redefining the term "nothing" as if it exists. The fact that there is something doesn't negate the fact that nothing still continues to NOT EXIST. By Definition.
Nor does "there was something, then, nothing".
The fact that there is something doesn't negate the fact that nothing doesn't exist while something does exist.
I agree.
But you seem to be conflating the state/property of existence with the things that exist.
You're still hallucinating. I've repeatedly corrected this false assumption of yours. I've repeatedly pointed out that I am NOT referring to things that exist.
But to claim that nothing existed,
Is a CONTRADICTION!!! Nothing cannot exist. By DEFINITION. I've provided the definition for your edification. Please make a note of it. Study the definition if you're having trouble remembering it. Commit it to memory and note that I'm not redefining the definition. I'm using the commonly accepted definition.
then something existed, is not.
A claim that you cannot prove, and one that is based upon a blatant contradiction.

No things existed.
Then, this changed.

Why is ^this a contraction?
You're repeating yourself again. I already supplied you with the definitions of these terms and explicitly pointed out what I was referring to (see post #34). You're choosing to ignore what was explicitly presented and instead pretend that I'm presenting an argument regarding 'things' which exist. I'm not, and this is a blatant Strawman argument.

When one asks about God’s existence, most people naturally assume that the question refers to an embodied existence, but why would this necessarily be the case? Isn't the question explicitly pointing out that existence belongs to God? The question is assuming that this isn't obvious though.

God is the original believing mind that existence always existed, because it is only a believing mind that can embody existence, consciousness, logic, truth, morality and belief itself. And outside of a believing mind none of these things has a way or place to exist or occur. Making reality itself the object of a believing mind.

If existence itself belongs to God, then we’re not dealing with the Verb to Be, but the Genitive of Possession. Existence or being isn’t who God is, but an attribute that has its origin in God. In other words, we ascribe the term “God” to the origin of existence.

Yes. God is the Original Believing Mind where everything that exists comes into existence.

Ultimately, existence isn’t just obvious or self-evident, but logically and necessarily eternal which is yet another attribute that we tend to associate with God. It doesn’t get much more obvious than that. The question then becomes one of proving that existence belongs to God rather than somebody else. We tend to claim our own existence, but we can't really prove this at all. Anyone who has died is proof positive that they couldn't retain their possession of life at all. They no longer exist. Everybody dies which by default, leaves existence with God.

Yes, it comes completely obvious to a believer when they believe in God's reality, because now they are believing in accordance with God, so it all originated in and with Him.

If the only thing that exists is the truth and makes reality known is a believing mind, then what is left of a person that has a unbelieving mind when they die?

Back