Why don't Mormons have the Spirit of Christ?

Janice Bower

Bible, Romans 8
"9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

Doctrine and Covenants 130:3 :sick:
"John 14:23—The appearing of the Father and the Son, in that verse, is a personal appearance; and the idea that the Father and the Son dwell in a man’s heart is an old sectarian notion, and is false."

Why do Mormons choose Doctrine and Covenants instead of the Bible?

I did. Since you missed it, I'll repeat the answer here. The answer was, "We don't, of course."
Janice Bower presented a contradiction....and it appears you have choosen mormon false material over the bible.
From my side of the fence "We don't, of course."....is a strange reply.

Bible, Romans 8
"9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

Doctrine and Covenants 130:3 :sick:
"John 14:23—The appearing of the Father and the Son, in that verse, is a personal appearance; and the idea that the Father and the Son dwell in a man’s heart is an old sectarian notion, and is false."

Why do Mormons choose Doctrine and Covenants instead of the Bible?

Could you explain for us why one could not believe in both of those verses? What do you find as contradictory?

What is your evidence the LDS choose one over the other?

Apparently you can't see the difference or you are just denying it. The difference is definitely there. FYI, black is not white.

Perhaps you could explain the difference for us?

So--is this the Spirit which dwells in us?

Luke 24:39---King James Version
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

So--is there a difference between a personal appearance of Jesus Christ--and the Spirit of Christ?

It's so clear there's nothing left to explain!

Please try:

"Perhaps you could explain the difference for us?

So--is this the Spirit which dwells in us?

Luke 24:39---King James Version
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

So--is there a difference between a personal appearance of Jesus Christ--and the Spirit of Christ?"

Iconoclast said:
Mormons are unsaved, they do not have the Holy Spirit. They cannot welcome truth.
Why is that, how does one get the HS and what does it take to be saved?

Nothing but Crickets, no one is stepping forward and telling us in their own words the way to get saved, received the HS or find truth... hmm

Back