Why don't Mormons have the Spirit of Christ?

Why is that, how does one get the HS and what does it take to be saved?

Nothing but Crickets, no one is stepping forward and telling us in their own words the way to get saved, received the HS or find truth... hmm
Why are the words of imperfect creations more important to you than God's words? God's words are true and He NEVER sinned and never lied.

2 Timothy 3:15-17
... the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Why are the words of imperfect creations more important to you than God's words? God's words are true and He NEVER sinned and never lied.

2 Timothy 3:15-17
... the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
To bad that your doctrine does not agree with the Bible...

I agree.

So--why do you and the critics here reject His testimony?

Matthew 19:16-19---King James Version
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Or--is that just another example of the "Mormons" not having the "Spirit of Christ"?

Janice Bower said:
It's so clear there's nothing left to explain!

Please try:

"Perhaps you could explain the difference for us?

So--is this the Spirit which dwells in us?

Luke 24:39---King James Version
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Is there a difference between a personal appearance of Jesus Christ--and the Spirit of Christ?"

Bump for Janice

believe what He has already told us!
LOL. That's what you want us to believe but we know better because we did ask. Our critics actually teach this kind of tripe. Don't ask, beleve what we tell you. That should be the first warning sign, you're on the wrong road.

I agree.

So--why do you and the critics here reject His testimony?

Matthew 19:16-19---King James Version
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Or--is that just another example of the "Mormons" not having the "Spirit of Christ"?
The law is our schoolmaster to bring us to the way, the truth, and the life. The law is not life.

Once again, your point seems to be lost in the wind. What's ur point?
Mosaic Law was called the Schoolmaster back in the day.... chuckle, I think she is very confused ....

Galatians 3. God gave the gospel to Abraham—The Mosaic law was added because of transgressions—The law was a schoolmaster until Christ—The Saints are children of God by faith—All who are of the faith and baptized into Christ become Abraham's seed.

Galatians 3 - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

LOL. That's what you want us to believe but we know better because we did ask. Our critics actually teach this kind of tripe. Don't ask, beleve what we tell you. That should be the first warning sign, you're on the wrong road.
That’s not true. It’s mormonism that has taught members to follow their prophets, no matter what. ”when the prophet speaks, the thinking has been done.”

Mosaic Law was called the Schoolmaster back in the day.... chuckle, I think she is very confused ....

Galatians 3. God gave the gospel to Abraham—The Mosaic law was added because of transgressions—The law was a schoolmaster until Christ—The Saints are children of God by faith—All who are of the faith and baptized into Christ become Abraham's seed.
I got all of that. What I don't get is what was her point?

EDITED BY MOD
in the 1800 many cults came on the scene.
Mormons were one of them.
It is a fleshly religion.
You have time to get it right. Many mormons have fled to the true Jesus...why not you?

Last edited by a moderator:
The word of God instructs me to Judge Jn7:24 righteous judgment.
The mormon jesus is lucifers half brother, they are all going to hell.
Mormons are not Christians....thanks for asking:sneaky:

God hasn't instructed you to do any such thing as judge individuals, as to their final judgment:

Matthew 7:1-5---King James Version
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

You may have received instructions--but it didn't come from God.

Mormons teach that their god Elohim has a spirit and a resurrected glorified body. Mormons teach that their god "jesus" has a spirit and a resurrected glorified body. Mormons teach that all spirit is matter and takes up space (D&C 131:7).

Doctrine and Covemts 130
22 The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us.

Even though D&C 130:22 says the Holy Spirit can "dwell in us," they actually teach that he can be in only one place at a time.

"Who is the Holy Ghost?
The Holy Ghost is a member of the Godhead (see John 5:7; D&C 20:28). He is a Spirit that has the form and likeness of a man (see D&C 130:22). He can be in only one place at a time, but his influence can be everywhere at the same time."
GOSPEL PRINCIPLES, p. 37

Alma 34
35 For behold, if ye have procrastinated the day of your repentance even until death, behold, ye have become subjected to the spirit of the devil, and he doth seal you his; therefore, the Spirit of the Lord hath withdrawn from you, and hath no place in you, and the devil hath all power over you; and this is the final state of the wicked.

36 And this I know, because the Lord hath said he dwelleth not in unholy temples, but in the hearts of the righteous doth he dwell; yea, and he has also said that the righteous shall sit down in his kingdom, to go no more out; but their garments should be made white through the blood of the Lamb.

Mormons teach that 3 John 14:23 is not true!

Back