Why I am not a Arminian (Anymore)

Is there a reason you failed to address the scripture posted

John 20:31 (KJV)
31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

seeing as regeneration is new life or life from the dead

and that John states

that believing ye might have life through his name.

It seems faith precedes regeneration

is you theology founded on scripture

well that is scripture

Why does John write ?

what does he indicate might happenshould they believe
Because your premises of Scripture are erroneous. I will not waste my time, because you cannot understand Doctrine. Your assumptions fail you, and in the end your beliefs fall upon man's works that save them, not on God's Grace and Mercy, that's why.

Because your premises of Scripture are erroneous. I will not waste my time, because you cannot understand Doctrine. Your assumptions fail you, and in the end your beliefs fall upon man's works that save them, not on God's Grace and Mercy, that's why.
That is a total copout

Scripture spoke

31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Its not complex

Why did John write ?

Why might happen if one believes What might he receive ?

Does that indicate he would receive something he already had or does it indicate he received something he did not currently possess?

That is a total copout

Scripture spoke

Its not complex

Why did John write ?

Why might happen if one believes What might he receive ?

Does that indicate he would receive something he already had or does it indicate he received something he did not currently possess?
19For as by the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man’s obedience the many will be made righteous.

That is exactly what I've been showing him. His take on James 4:6 proves it.
Exactly, he only reads, but does not study to understand why Paul makes a contrast between works vs Grace. He blinded by the human will being able to achieve their own righteousness apart from Christ and his perfect obedience that declares us righteous before God that is received through Faith Alone!

That is exactly what I've been showing him. His take on James 4:6 proves it.
sorry you only twisted what i stated

I spoke of reasons God might favor some and quoted

James 4:6 (KJV)
6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

It's scripture

it is extremely dishonest for you to claim I was teach man earns saving grace

Is that what scripture was teaching ?

Exactly, he only reads, but does not study to understand why Paul makes a contrast between works vs Grace. He blinded by the human will being able to achieve their own righteousness apart from Christ and his perfect obedience that declares us righteous before God that is received through Faith Alone!
He is now flooding the forum trying to deny what he claimed in James 4:6, that if men humble themselves it earns grace.

It is a waste of time posting to him. He denies what God says and what he says. I'd rather spend time engaging Christians, not those who peach merited grace.

Last edited:
total nonsense not based on anything I stated

I never claimed salvation is by works

I never stated man earns salvation or grace

and I certainly never stated men are able to achieve righteousness on their own

These are all blatant falsehoods

total nonsense not based on anything I stated

I never claimed salvation is by works

I never stated man earns salvation or grace

and I certainly never stated men are able to achieve righteousness on their own

These are all blatant falsehoods
The reason you are having trouble grasping this accusation, Tom. Is because you fail to see the errors in your premises or theology. I'll help you just a little bit here. If it's not Christ's righteousness that is credited to the sinner. Then who's or how does this righteousness get counted? It's either through works of the Law that merits righteousness, or it's by a Grace. It cannot be both. So, which one is it?

You argue your points above, but your posts contradict yourself. We'll see if you answer any of these questions.

The reason you are having trouble grasping this accusation, Tom. Is because you fail to see the errors in your premises or theology. I'll help you just a little bit here. If it's not Christ's righteousness that is credited to the sinner. Then who's or how does this righteousness get counted? It's either through works of the Law that merits righteousness, or it's by a Grace. It cannot be both. So, which one is it?

You argue your points above, but your posts contradict yourself. We'll see if you answer any of these questions.
Yes, his teachings contradict salvation by grace. But he is unable to see it.

The reason i am having this problem is you guys are reading into my comments that which is not there and never stated

rather they are based on assumptions of your theolog.

what is credited to the sinner as righteousness

Romans 4:5 (KJV)
5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Is his faith

God counts, reckons, imputes us as righteous when we believe

Romans 4:3 (KJV)
3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Abraham believed God and it was credited to him for righteousness

both verses clearly tell us what is counted for as righteousness

and it is our faith

6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

It's scripture

So if ppl humble themselves He gives them grace and if they don’t humble themselves, He withholds it from them?

That is because are you not arguing from scripture or anything I actually stated but

you are arguing from the imaginary dictates of your theology
That's untrue. I showed you how James 4:6 is about indwelt believers, as per the context and 1:5, not unbelievers wherein you misuse the text to mean if they humble themselves they merit grace.

It's scripture

Wow, talk about totally blind; "I don't teach that, but then again I do!"

Back