Why I am not a Arminian (Anymore)

Sorry you are speaking out of your theology not from scripture

Nowhere is faith in Christ stated to be carnal in the bible
So why do you keep arguing that YOUR faith is carnal. That you were in-fact able to understand spiritual truths in the natural. (with your carnal mind)

Try to keep up....

If you desire to be reported

why not report yourself

and you are equivocating I did not support his claims about Christ
You have a serious comprehension problem don't you.
I have already acknowledged that you did not support his claims.

Your support was to him, when I called him out as not telling the truth. Why would you support him if you agree that he was not telling the truth....
It speaks to your integrity.
and you and your peers have posted many falsehoods about what I believe
Is it a falsehood that you believe you can understand spiritual truths in the natural (with your carnal mind)
If it is, then let me know, because you have not yet denied it.
yet I did in fact support your understanding concerning Christological issues over him
After the fact, and not at issue.

So why do you keep arguing that YOUR faith is carnal. That you were in-fact able to understand spiritual truths in the natural. (with your carnal mind)

Try to keep up....
You are confused

I have never argued my faith is carnal

You can't even accurately report what i have stated

and this is frequent

Nowhere is it stated that belief in Christ which a man must do and is responsible for can be Carnal

The bible never ever states any such thing

What you do is impose your unproven beliefs upon my words in an effort to have me say what I did not

Last edited:

Your support was to him, when I called him out as not telling the truth. Why would you support him if you agree that he was not telling the truth....

Is it a falsehood that you believe you can understand spiritual truths in the natural (with your carnal mind)

Yes, he teaches lost man, the natural man, devoid of the Spirit can believe. He then has natural men as believers, yet we know all believers are Spirit indwelt. He is teaching unbelievers are indwelt by simply deducing his teachings to their foundational heresy.

No you do

You asked why I support him

I stated nothing at all about whether he was telling the truth or not in what you called him out on

Your confusion is you imagine all thoughts of the mind are carnal

that is unproven assumption of your theology

John 12:40 (KJV)
40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

why did God blind their eyes and harden their heart if they were totally unable to understand spiritual truth

John 20:31 (KJV)
31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

why did john write believing men might believe based on what he stated

Yes, he teaches lost man, the natural man, devoid of the Spirit can believe. He then has natural men as believers, yet we know all believers are Spirit indwelt. He is teaching unbelievers are indwelt by simply deducing his teachings to their foundational heresy.

40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

Why did God blind their eyes and harden their heart if they were totally unable to understand spiritual truth?

31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

why did john write believing men might believe based on what he stated?

You are confused

and this is frequent

Nowhere is it stated that belief in Christ which a man must do and is responsible for can be Carnal

What you do is impose your unproven beliefs upon my words in an effort to have me say what I did not
Are you now denying that you believe before you are regenerated? Are you now denying that your argument all along has not been that you can understand spiritual truths in the natural (with your carnal mind)

Do I need to go and find the posts where you have made numerous claims that humans have the ability to understand spiritual truths in the natural (with their carnal minds)

No you do

You asked why I support him
Have it your way. You like the other poster are now reduced to having to tell untruths in order to win a stupid argument.

So you are like the other poster after all.
I stated nothing at all about whether he was telling the truth or not in what you called him out on
Yet you agreed with him.
Your confusion is you imagine all thoughts of the mind are carnal

that is unproven assumption of your theology

why did God blind their eyes and harden their heart if they were totally unable to understand spiritual truth
He did it in the garden

You would have it that God decides to blind someone when they are ready to believe, and you deny election.
You have a backwards Theology

why did john write believing men might believe based on what he stated
And you are reading the carnal mind into the scripture above.

The letter kills, the Spirit gives life.

You keep removing the HS from the equation and then cry NOT CARNAL!

Are you now denying that you believe before you are regenerated? Are you now denying that your argument all along has not been that you can understand spiritual truths in the natural (with your carnal mind)

Do I need to go and find the posts where you have made numerous claims that humans have the ability to understand spiritual truths in the natural (with their carnal minds)
This is what happens, the total denial of previous statements and teachings made on this forum, while calling us liars.

Unbelievable.

UnChristian.

Here are a couple of quotes from Dr. Flowers in his exchange with Dr. Roger Olson, a classical Arminianist.

”We need the gospel, that the gospel is the power of God unto salvation, not that the gospel PLUS some supernatural extra work that has to happen, is the power of God unto salvation.”

Then later he said, ”This effectual work of God that has to happen in order for someone to believe the gospel, that is difficult, at least for me, to get over.”

Here’s the YouTube video, it’s only ~ 8:30 so it won’t take long to hear Dr. Flowers denying the supernatural work of the Spirit being necessary in the saving of the lost.

Here are a couple of quotes from Dr. Flowers in his exchange with Dr. Roger Olson, a classical Arminianist.

”We need the gospel, that the gospel is the power of God unto salvation, not that the gospel PLUS some supernatural extra work that has to happen, is the power of God unto salvation.”

Then later he said, ”This effectual work of God that has to happen in order for someone to believe the gospel, that is difficult, at least for me, to get over.”

Here’s the YouTube video, it’s only ~ 8:30 so it won’t take long to hear Dr. Flowers denying the supernatural work of the Spirit being necessary in the saving of the lost.

Go to 3:00 in that hear it for yourselves.

Seems to me like you are always judging...
When I see error it will appear to be that way.

When I see refusal to consider correction, it then is not myself who judges.

And, be careful... your gang here are very judgmental yourselves.

wishing you grace and peace......

You are confused

and this is frequent

They suffer from "group think tunnel vision."

Denial of the needed work of the Spirit.

EDITED BY MOD

It was addressed read the link

EDITED BY MOD

Stop ignoring and trying to contradict scripture

Romans 4:5 (KJV)
5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

what is counted as righteousness

Romans 4:3 (KJV)
3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

what was counted for righteousness here

You are ignoring these two verses and trying to contradict what they state

that is pitting scripture against scripture

Your verse simply does not state we are imputed with Christ righteousness

all that verse shows Christ makes possible for the believer

1 Corinthians 1:30 (KJV)
30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

wisdom, righteousness, sanctification and redemption

Is Christ's wisdom your personal wisdom

Wisdom. That is, he is to us the Source of wisdom; it is by him that we are made wise. This cannot mean that his wisdom becomes strictly and properly ours; that it is set over to us, and reckoned as our own; for that is not true. But it must mean simply, that Christians have become truly wise by the agency, the teaching, and the work of Christ.

Barnes' Notes on the New Testament.

The verse says nothing at all about imputation

and it seems you do not understand the term

You might want to remedy that

learn how to interpret scripture before you presume to tell someone what they don't know
Why was this edited by MOD?

The fact of the matter is that passage in context, 1 Corinthians 1:26-31, shows, without a shadow of doubt that it is God who chose us. This had nothing whatsoever to do with our choosing, deciding, believing, repenting, or as he believes, gaining grace for humbling ones self (James 4:6 ripped out of context and abused). The text there is written to believers and isn't about God favoring one over another as his choice meats doctrine corrupts the teaching.

The passage in 1 Corinthians has everything to do with God did it all, not us, and there is no reason for man to boast, verse 32, but only in God and what He has done. The Corinthians knew this truth, this milk of doctrine. Many today reject it because they were never taught the truth when they professed faith. Instead they were told that they decided, accepted, chose, and were congratulated for what they did. Biblical election and predestination were mitigated out of fear of the truth of God being God.

The fact remains that God alone elects to salvation whom He willed to save, choosing them in Christ prior to creation; Ephesians 1:4. Only those who were born of God, regenerated; Ephesians 2:5; John 1:13 receive Him. God caused all of that, not "choosing." Soli Deo Gloria!
Hallelujah and Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It means that because of Christ we can be imputed righteous through our faith in him

Hello

There is no mention of imputation there

Learn what imputation is before you comment on it
Everybody read these comments! First, he states because of Christ we can be imputed righteous through our faith in him. Then states there is no mention of imputation there???????? Then tells me to learn what imputation before I comment??????????

Obviously, this guy is a troll, nothing more. To me it seems he echos what we write, with a trolling twist to it. He's not familiar with Scripture or Doctrines it teaches. Where is the block button????

Back