Why I became a Jew

Open Heart

I was raised fundamentalist Christian. As a result of studying the Bible and Church history, I became Catholic. But my questioning mind could never leave well enough alone. I spent many years studying the various World Religions.

I am always the sort to actually listen to others, including on forums. My participation in religion forums raised many questions in my mind. I had posted in a forum that origins were important to me, and that I had become Catholic because I found it to be the closest and most connected to the early church. I had taken a step back in time to reach that. An Orthodox Jewish woman sent me a simple post saying, "Take one more step back." It got under my skin.

I was, over time, presented with Jewish takes on various Bible passages, and found, to my surprise, that the Jewish understanding simply made more sense. It became clear to me that there was a serious problem in that Jesus didn't fulfill the prophecies the messiah will fulfill.

One day, I was driving down the freeway and saw a bumper sticker that proclaimed "Jesus is God." I had a moment of insight as I realized that this statement made no more sense than saying This Rock is God, or That Tree is God.

And so commenced an inner battle that lasted for years and years. You see, I loved Jesus with all my heart. I talked to him. I had a "relationship" with him. And I loved being a Christian -- my love had been highly meaningful as a believer. It was a battle between what my head said, that Christianity was false, and what my heart said, that Christianity meant all to me.

Eventually I realized that the "Jesus" I had known and loved was not Jesus at all. I had put a face and name on God. It was what Judaism calls Shituf, or association. But it was God all along and not Jesus that I had loved and served and had a relationship with. In the conflict between head and heart, I had to decide in favor of Judaism, since I simply no longer believed the Christian understanding, and could not bring myself back into that belief (and believe you me, I tried). Christianity is, after all, a belief based religion -- if you don't believe, you are not a Christian.

It was very very painful to lose my Christian beliefs. There were times I felt like I was just in free fall. But Judaism was the safety net that caught me.

While all this was going on, I developed quite an affinity for the people of Israel. I had dreams that I was Jewish. I simply resonated with Jewish issues and Jewish culture. I wished I were part of this People.

All of this led me to become a Jew and give up Christianity.

I was raised fundamentalist Christian. As a result of studying the Bible and Church history, I became Catholic. But my questioning mind could never leave well enough alone. I spent many years studying the various World Religions.

I am always the sort to actually listen to others, including on forums. My participation in religion forums raised many questions in my mind. I had posted in a forum that origins were important to me, and that I had become Catholic because I found it to be the closest and most connected to the early church. I had taken a step back in time to reach that. An Orthodox Jewish woman sent me a simple post saying, "Take one more step back." It got under my skin.

I was, over time, presented with Jewish takes on various Bible passages, and found, to my surprise, that the Jewish understanding simply made more sense. It became clear to me that there was a serious problem in that Jesus didn't fulfill the prophecies the messiah will fulfill.

One day, I was driving down the freeway and saw a bumper sticker that proclaimed "Jesus is God." I had a moment of insight as I realized that this statement made no more sense than saying This Rock is God, or That Tree is God.

And so commenced an inner battle that lasted for years and years. You see, I loved Jesus with all my heart. I talked to him. I had a "relationship" with him. And I loved being a Christian -- my love had been highly meaningful as a believer. It was a battle between what my head said, that Christianity was false, and what my heart said, that Christianity meant all to me.

Eventually I realized that the "Jesus" I had known and loved was not Jesus at all. I had put a face and name on God. It was what Judaism calls Shituf, or association. But it was God all along and not Jesus that I had loved and served and had a relationship with. In the conflict between head and heart, I had to decide in favor of Judaism, since I simply no longer believed the Christian understanding, and could not bring myself back into that belief (and believe you me, I tried). Christianity is, after all, a belief based religion -- if you don't believe, you are not a Christian.

It was very very painful to lose my Christian beliefs. There were times I felt like I was just in free fall. But Judaism was the safety net that caught me.

While all this was going on, I developed quite an affinity for the people of Israel. I had dreams that I was Jewish. I simply resonated with Jewish issues and Jewish culture. I wished I were part of this People.

I am not sure how Rabbinical Judaism reconciles your head and heart. Judaism has as many contradictions as Christian orthodoxy does. Also, your story does not add up, how does one go from Christianity to essentially the religion of the Pharisees? My guess is that you have left a key piece of information out --a Jewish boyfriend, a jewish mentor, somebody of Jewish descent who was a positive role model. Maybe this is just another stepping stone on your way to something better for if Jesus can be the face of God then so can the jewish god until you have cleared your mind some more and the picture fills in a bit more.

Last edited:
I am not sure how Rabbinical Judaism reconciles your head and heart. Judaism has as many contradictions as Christian orthodoxy does. Also, your story does not add up, how does one go from Christianity to essentially the religion of the Pharisees? My guess is that you have left a key piece of information out --a Jewish boyfriend, a jewish mentor, somebody of Jewish descent who was a positive role model. Maybe this is just another stepping stone on your way to something better for if Jesus can be the face of God then so can the jewish god until you have cleared your mind some more and the picture fills in a bit more.
Nope. No Jewish boyfriend, Jewish mentor, or even good Jewish friend.

A change in language, Aramaic/Hebrew to Greek, doesn't signal a change in religion. Jesus, the disciples, and the Apostles were all Jewish. Check out or search on literal translation of Génesis 4:1. It's been one God, one faith, etc., from the beginning.

Don't confuse the errors of Fundamentalists and Roman Catholics with the one Faith, the justification from God that is apart from the law, Christ for you.

Wow. Good for you.

Open Heart;
Paul;s Olive Tree Romans ch 11
what happened to the Native Olive as all these Branches from the Wild Olive were being grafted in ??????

the Wild branches did; as would happen to a real Olive tree
the Wild will take over the Tree and choak out the Native branches
and now the Olive; even tho it is the Good Root
the Native Root bears the bad fruit of the wild olive branch

as all these Gentiles were coming into the True Church
The Kingdom of God. the ""Church"" became Romanized

Moses told us it would happen;
but as Paul says

Romans 11:1
I say then, Hath God cast away his people?
God forbid.
For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew.
Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias?
how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars;
and I am left alone, and they seek my life.

4 But what saith the answer of God unto him?
I have reserved to myself seven thousand men,
who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

5 Even so then at this present time also
there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Open Heart;
you are a descendent of Jacob;
as Paul says Physical
God forbid.

Open Heart;
The Christ of the Scriptures; also he new Testament
is
The Messiah that was to come
verrily, the Son of the Living God

the """"Christ""" of the Roman Church is not

Last edited:
Open Heart;
Paul;s Olive Tree Romans ch 11
what happened to the Native Olive as all these Branches from the Wild Olive were being grafted in ??????

the Wild branches did; as would happen to a real Olive tree
the Wild will take over the Tree and choak out the Native branches
and now the Olive; even tho it is the Good Root
the Native Root bears the bad fruit of the wild olive branch

as all these Gentiles were coming into the True Church
The Kingdom of God. the ""Church"" became Romanized

Moses told us it would happen;
but as Paul says

God forbid.

Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias?
how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars;
and I am left alone, and they seek my life.

4 But what saith the answer of God unto him?
I have reserved to myself seven thousand men,
who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

5 Even so then at this present time also
there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Open Heart;
you are a descendent of Jacob;
as Paul says Physical
God forbid.

Open Heart;
The Christ of the Scriptures; also he new Testament
is
The Messiah that was to come
verrily, the Son of the Living God

the """"Christ""" of the Roman Church is not
Hey Buzz. Thank you for your reply. However, you should know that it makes no difference to me what your New Testament says. It is not the word of God, since it conflicts with the truth we know from the Torah, and is full of error. Quite honestly, you might just as well have quoted from the Vedas or the Quran or even Harry Potter.

Hey Buzz. Thank you for your reply. However, you should know that it makes no difference to me what your New Testament says. It is not the word of God, since it conflicts with the truth we know from the Torah, and is full of error. Quite honestly, you might just as well have quoted from the Vedas or the Quran or even Harry Potter.
OK, Open Heart
Thank you;
I think you mean errors in how the ""Quote/Quote" scholars of
the Romanized church and the Protestants interprets and teaches it
may be we can discuss these;

Most of these men wouldn't know the difference
"from the Vedas or the Quran or even Harry Potter."
in the 1st place
they are not of the Sons of the Family of Aaron
they are not supposed to know
its as Solomon says

Proverbs 9:17​
Stolen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant.
18 But he knoweth not that the dead are there;
and that her guests are in the depths of hell.​
These gentiles stole what God had given to the Levites
repackaged, sugar coated it, then sold it to the world as truth

Paul warned the Roman Church of doing such
and the judgements of God against such that do so
Romans 3:1
What advantage then hath the Jew?
or what profit is there of circumcision?
2 Much every way: chiefly,
because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.
3 For what if some did not believe?
shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect
?​

As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes:
but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

For what if some did not believe?
shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect
?

29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Last edited:
Christianity is, after all, a belief based religion -- if you don't believe, you are not a Christian.

Interesting... I read your whole testimony. of course, there are points that I disagree with. I too love Jewish culture and Israel.

Yes, Christianity is a belief-based religion. I know you say you don't care about Paul's writings. I believe he answers you here.

13 For the promise[v] to Abraham or to his descendants that he would inherit the world was not fulfilled through the law, but through the righteousness that comes by faith. 14 For if they become heirs by the law, faith is empty and the promise is nullified.[w] 15 For the law brings wrath, because where there is no law there is no transgression[x] either. 16 For this reason it is by faith so that it may be by grace,[y] with the result that the promise may be certain to all the descendants—not only to those who are under the law, but also to those who have the faith of Abraham,[z] who is the father of us all 17 (as it is written, “I have made you the father of many nations”).[aa] He is our father[ab] in the presence of God whom he believed—the God who[ac] makes the dead alive and summons the things that do not yet exist as though they already do.[ad] 18 Against hope Abraham[ae] believed[af] in hope with the result that he became the father of many nations[ag] according to the pronouncement,[ah] “so will your descendants be.”[ai] 19 Without being weak in faith, he considered[aj] his own body as dead[ak] (because he was about 100 years old) and the deadness of Sarah’s womb. 20 He[al] did not waver in unbelief about the promise of God but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God. 21 He was[am] fully convinced that what God[an] promised he was also able to do. 22 So indeed it was credited to Abraham[ao] as righteousness.

You never had a relationship with Christ. It was all a sham. I say this not to be offensive. Only to release you from having to lie whenever you give your testimony...

Here is what John said about those who leave the church...

They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us, because if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us. But they went out from us to demonstrate that all of them do not belong to us.

You never had a relationship with Christ. It was all a sham. I say this not to be offensive.
Oh but you absolutely are being offensive. You are accusing me of lying, based on nothing but the fact that I left Christianity. That's a horrendous thing to do.

Oh but you absolutely are being offensive. You are accusing me of lying, based on nothing but the fact that I left Christianity. That's a horrendous thing to do.

Conversion to Christianity is not an intellectual choice. That is how it is peddled by lots of people. Conversion to Christ is a Spiritual event where YHWH literally makes you spiritually alive after being spiritually dead...

It's easy to "think" you were a Christian because you grew up in America, your parents went to Church, you attended Church services, you did good works, walked an aisle for salvation, or even prayed the sinner's prayer... Probably 80% of people who call themselves Christians aren't...

Now you're in my arena. I am the expert on Christian conversion... You were never a Christian...

BTW, you skipped a step... You should have chosen Hebrew Roots before throwing Christ out...

Unchecked Copy Box
1Jo 2:19 - They went out from us,but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Unchecked Copy Box
1Jo 2:20 - But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

Unchecked Copy Box
1Jo 2:21 - I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is-of the truth.

Unchecked Copy Box
1Jo 2:22 - Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He isantichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Conversion to Christianity is not an intellectual choice. That is how it is peddled by lots of people. Conversion to Christ is a Spiritual event where YHWH literally makes you spiritually alive after being spiritually dead...

It's easy to "think" you were a Christian because you grew up in America, your parents went to Church, you attended Church services, you did good works, walked an aisle for salvation, or even prayed the sinner's prayer... Probably 80% of people who call themselves Christians aren't...

Now you're in my arena. I am the expert on Christian conversion... You were never a Christian...

BTW, you skipped a step... You should have chosen Hebrew Roots before throwing Christ out...
If you think I wasn't a christian, then you obviously aren't an expert.

If you think I wasn't a christian, then you obviously aren't an expert.

You deceived yourself... It's easy to do. You can get an emotional high or some confirmation and BOOM!, You convinced yourself...

But, yes, I am an expert at what it means to be a real follower of Christ... My opposition puts a hole in your testimony, your hopes to justify your conversion, and your hope to Judaize others...

Here, let me put it this way. You left Christianity to become Roman Catholic, a group who apostatized 500+ years ago. Then, you go to their apostatized forerunners who rejected Messiah 2,000 years ago...

I'll say it one more time. You were never a Christian... Your next step is atheism or Satanism... Then, your conversion is complete...

You deceived yourself... It's easy to do. You can get an emotional high or some confirmation and BOOM!, You convinced yourself...

But, yes, I am an expert at what it means to be a real follower of Christ... My opposition puts a hole in your testimony, your hopes to justify your conversion, and your hope to Judaize others...
Hmmm... well Messiah would be law abiding and teaching the same, but let's see what you have to say.

Here, let me put it this way. You left Christianity to become Roman Catholic, a group who apostatized 500+ years ago. Then, you go to their apostatized forerunners who rejected Messiah 2,000 years ago...
If Messiah came it would be self-evident in the world today.

Isaiah 2
2In the last days the mountain of the house of the LORD will be established as the chief of the mountains; it will be raised above the hills, and all nations will stream to it. 3And many peoples will come and say:
“Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us His ways so that we may walk in His paths.” For the law will go forth from Zion,
and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 4Then He will judge between the nations and arbitrate for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will no longer take up the sword against nation, nor train anymore for war.

I'll say it one more time. You were never a Christian... Your next step is atheism or Satanism... Then, your conversion is complete...
Hi Padawan. Let me ask you some questions.

Do you still sin?

Do you follow Jesus' words in Matthew 5:17-20?

Last edited:
Hmmm... well Messiah would be law abiding and teaching the same, but let's see what you have to say.

If Messiah came it would be self-evident in the world today.

It is evident, to eyes that see and ears that hear.

Isaiah 2
2In the last days the mountain of the house of the LORD will be established as the chief of the mountains; it will be raised above the hills, and all nations will stream to it. 3And many peoples will come and say:
“Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us His ways so that we may walk in His paths.” For the law will go forth from Zion,
and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 4Then He will judge between the nations and arbitrate for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will no longer take up the sword against nation, nor train anymore for war.

This is future. And I long for that day.

Hi Padawan. Let me ask you some questions.

Do you still sin?

Do you follow Jesus' words in Matthew 5:17-20?

My answer will not be heard by you due to your rejection of the New Testament. I'll leave it at this, your covenant ended long ago due to your people's stiff-necked sinful ways...

It is evident, to eyes that see and ears that hear.
It's evident nothing has changed yet.

This is future. And I long for that day.
And proof that Messiah has arrived.

My answer will not be heard by you due to your rejection of the New Testament. I'll leave it at this, your covenant ended long ago due to your people's stiff-necked sinful ways...
Actually the covenant is still alive, Jeremiah 31:31-34, 33:14-26.

Back