Why I believe the results (currently still be counted) are legit....

Feyaway

I said this before.... This round, I know quite a few people who voted Trump in 2016 who can't stand the man now. On the other hand, I know zero newcomers to Trump's side who didn't already vote for him last round. He lost followers, without gaining new ones.

My dad was one. He hadn't voted in decades and his passion for Trump pushed him to vote for Trump in 16. Now? He despises the man. Couldn't wait to vote Biden.

My evangelical best friend voted for Trump in 16. She didn't love him but she didn't dislike him. She didn't like Hillary. This round? She also dislikes Trump... voted for Biden. She's in Texas.

I know zero people personally around the nation who have given Trump a vote who didn't last time. He lost followers without gaining new ones. He kept a large part of his base, but didn't grow it.

It's real. The current standing in results are real. Let's say he retained like 80-90% of his supporters. But... it wasn't enough. He lost without gaining.

Torin

I said this before.... This round, I know quite a few people who voted Trump in 2016 who can't stand the man now. On the other hand, I know zero newcomers to Trump's side who didn't already vote for him last round. He lost followers, without gaining new ones.

My dad was one. He hadn't voted in decades and his passion for Trump pushed him to vote for Trump in 16. Now? He despises the man. Couldn't wait to vote Biden.

My evangelical best friend voted for Trump in 16. She didn't love him but she didn't dislike him. She didn't like Hillary. This round? She also dislikes Trump... voted for Biden. She's in Texas.

I know zero people personally around the nation who have given Trump a vote who didn't last time. He lost followers without gaining new ones. He kept a large part of his base, but didn't grow it.

It's real. The current standing in results are real. Let's say he retained like 80-90% of his supporters. But... it wasn't enough. He lost without gaining.
Do you feel that your experience can reasonably be extrapolated to the entire country?

For instance, do you think you know enough people personally to draw this sort of generalization? Even with the people you know personally, could there be other factors influencing their votes beyond your knowledge?

Furion

I can't stand liberals, if that's what you mean.

CrowCross

I have to wonder about her...."evangelical"...voting for baby killers? Evangelicals voting for Marxist???

5wize

Agree. Trumps policies were not that bad or radical. He was a good administrator as well.

Where he screwed up is that he is a branding professional and he saw much of America for what it expressed... an angry polemic on facebook and twitter and played that right down the line, win or lose. He fed us back to ourselves. But as a result he was abandoned by the thin intelligent middle that gave him a chance. He had America in the bag... all he had to do was act presidential. But he buried his own headline in his social branding policy. Outside of that middle... the rest will still remain in a state of angry and thoughtless polemic.

Thistle

That's fascinating. Trump got something like 8 million more voters in 2020 then 2016. Buy a gigantic margin no incumbent president has gotten more votes than Donald Trump.
What about Donald Trump does your father find it distasteful?
What complaint did your friend in Texas have? The state went for him in a big way.
I know zero people personally around the nation who have given Trump a vote who didn't last time. He lost followers without gaining new ones.
Obviously that didn't happen. We got more than 70 million votes. Last time we got about 63 million.
He kept a large part of his base, but didn't grow it.

You need to go back and look at the vote totals and you'll see that Trump has a lot more support the most in history for an incumbent president.

Seraphim

Bat guano.

There is only -1- demographic Trump did not gain voters, and that was .....wait for it.....WHITE MALES! Blacks? Up. Latinos? Up. LGBT? Up. Identity politics are no more.

Win or lose, the Bush/neocon version of the GOP is GONE!

Feyaway

I have to wonder about her...."evangelical"...voting for baby killers? Evangelicals voting for Marxist???
No where in the Bible does it say you must vote a certain way to be covered by the blood of Christ... nor be an evangelical.. I'm not pro choice (nor pro life) and I vote blue and red.

Last edited:

Feyaway

That's fascinating. Trump got something like 8 million more voters in 2020 then 2016. Buy a gigantic margin no incumbent president has gotten more votes than Donald Trump.

What about Donald Trump does your father find it distasteful?

What complaint did your friend in Texas have? The state went for him in a big way.

Obviously that didn't happen. We got more than 70 million votes. Last time we got about 63 million.

You need to go back and look at the vote totals and you'll see that Trump has a lot more support the most in history for an incumbent president.
She finds him to be a distasteful leader. You'd have to ask her for the details of why. She liked him enough to vote for him and then found his actions and speech to be poor.

I can go out on a limb and say I feel very strongly that he lost more supporters than he gained, but kept a good part of his base. I really don't think that anyone was wowed by him that didn't already like him in 2016. I mean not enough people to make a difference.

Feyaway

Agree. Trumps policies were not that bad or radical. He was a good administrator as well.

Where he screwed up is that he is a branding professional and he saw much of America for what it expressed... an angry polemic on facebook and twitter and played that right down the line, win or lose. He fed us back to ourselves. But as a result he was abandoned by the thin intelligent middle that gave him a chance. He had America in the bag... all he had to do was act presidential. But he buried his own headline in his social branding policy. Outside of that middle... the rest will still remain in a state of angry and thoughtless polemic.
That could be possible. I think he decided to play the same approach that he did in 2016 but looks like he needed to pivot away from that this round.

Feyaway

Do you feel that your experience can reasonably be extrapolated to the entire country?

For instance, do you think you know enough people personally to draw this sort of generalization? Even with the people you know personally, could there be other factors influencing their votes beyond your knowledge?
Sure. It's a small sample size. But it is based on multiple locations, not just where I live. I kind of have a sense of how many people vote based on Facebook and such. Quite a many people stick to their party. However the most interesting people are those independent voters. I do think it is telling that not a single person that I know, not one out of the hundreds of people that I know who express their political views have decided to vote Trump this round who did not last round... or felt strongly enough to share. And that I've seen the opposite... people who voted for him last round who didn't this round.

It isn't a science of course, but it doesn't contradict the results... where did the supporters go who he had last time? I don't think Biden simply picked up voters who sat out last time.

Im open to hearing alternative ideas if you have a different sense of what occurred.

CrowCross

No where in the Bible does it say you must vote a certain way to be covered by the blood of Christ... nor be an evangelical.. I'm not pro choice (nor pro life) and I vote blue and red.
I don't deny that...but, an individual covered by the blood of Christ will show sanctification at work. Perhaps your evangelical friend is moving slowly.

5wize

Sure. It's a small sample size. But it is based on multiple locations, not just where I live. I kind of have a sense of how many people vote based on Facebook and such. Quite a many people stick to their party. However the most interesting people are those independent voters. I do think it is telling that not a single person that I know, not one out of the hundreds of people that I know who express their political views have decided to vote Trump this round who did not last round... or felt strongly enough to share. And that I've seen the opposite... people who voted for him last round who didn't this round.

It isn't a science of course, but it doesn't contradict the results... where did the supporters go who he had last time? I don't think Biden simply picked up voters who sat out last time.

Im open to hearing alternative ideas if you have a different sense of what occurred.
The numbers state that Trump actually gained votes over his 2016 election, but turnout was at a 120 year record, which means that Bidens 18-24 year old increase of 67% increase simply beat Trumps rural white 22% increase. There may have been Trump defections, but it isn't looking like it would have mattered with these types of numbers on the board.

Trumps antics sure did give him attention, but that was surely a 2 edged sword with the sharper edge facing him.

Hypatia_Alexandria

You cannot really make that claim because the number of eligible voters has altered over the decades and centuries as the population of the country has grown.

Certainly the percentage of votes for Trump has gone up since his share in 2016 but to claim "the most in history" is nonsensical.

Both Trump and Biden got millions more votes than Washington, Jefferson, or Adams!

5wize

You cannot really make that claim because the number of eligible voters has altered over the decades and centuries as the population of the country has grown.

Certainly the percentage of votes for Trump has gone up since his share in 2016 but to claim "the most in history" is nonsensical.

Both Trump and Biden got millions more votes than Washington, Jefferson, or Adams!
I don't see why it is nonsensical. They are talking about a percentage turnout that increased the vote coffers of each side, not just a increase in raw numbers. It seems Trump motivated both sides, the other more so, to his chagrin.