Why I can't reconcile preterism with the Bible.

robycop3

Why do you teach two returns then??
I don't. The rapture isn't a "return". jesus will call the saints to Himself; He won't come to them.
Which of them died in the three days till the Transfiguration??
None that I know of. Jesus didn't say any of them would.
And you ignore where it says Christ already rules. You have to.
Obviously, He isn't ruling the world right now, as is proven by the prevalence of sin.
Why does it have to mean something else then what it says Mr. Literalist
Because the prophesied events haven't occurred yet. Your song-n-dance can't get you by that FACT.

robycop3

The bible tells us looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,[Titus 2:13]
So, like myself, you'd better keep looking.

Nowhere does it tell us to look to this rapture that didn't get started being taught systematically until at least the 1830's. This makes the rest of theirs(and his) eschatology way off kilter.
That's because they didn't pay close attention to Paul, and to some of Jesus' prophecies.

This forces them to take a letter that was written to warn first century Jews of the impending doom and destruction of Jerusalem and the temple and try to make it fit into a time that hasn't even occurred yet.
That letter included a lot more than the destruction of J & the temple. It foretold of the coming of a great antichrist who'd rule almost all the world, and of the glorious return of Jesus that He foretold Himself.
It would be like God showing me the place where you live at 3,233 years later will be destroyed. What good would it do me for me to write a lengthy letter to you about a doom and destruction that will happen three + millennia later? Yet, they, and he, cannot and will not see this.
God made sure that letter was preserved. That should tell you something. I reckon nyou're one of those who believes this world will just go on as is indefinitely. You don't see the writing on the wall- the fulfillment of prophecy right under your nose. War & rumor of war, a great falling away, vast increase of travel & knowledge, etc. are easy to see, but there are others as well, such as the land of Judah becoming a terror to Egypt. (Isaiah 19) Only lately has that eased up.
Then there's the re-establishment of the Jewish sovereign state, with Jerusalem as its capital, an increase in natural disasters & climate change, and pestilences such as covid, AIDS, ebola, etc. And the Jews have the materials gathered to build a new temple, the instruments for use in it are made, & in 2020 they consecrated an altar to be used in it. They've been breeding the animals to be used in temple rites for several years now. You may Google maround to see these things are true. The world is being prepped for the beast/antichrist to come to power. He may already be born, or he may not be. We don't know. But I advise that if you see some charismatic genius beginning to ascend on the world stage that you look up, as our redemption is near.

Reformedguy

I don't. The rapture isn't a "return". jesus will call the saints to Himself; He won't come to them.

None that I know of. Jesus didn't say any of them would.

Obviously, He isn't ruling the world right now, as is proven by the prevalence of sin.

Because the prophesied events haven't occurred yet. Your song-n-dance can't get you by that FACT.
Sure ya do. He returns in the clouds. Did He not ascend in the clouds and He would return in like manner? That's two returns if He actually sets foot om terra firma in the future.

He said SOME WOULD NOT TASTE DEATH, so some would. Who died in the three days in between?.

The Bible is clear, He rules now. All authority has been handed over to Him.

They have occurred. Again, read some ancient sources instead of your dumb Left Behind crap.

SovereignGrace

Sure ya do. He returns in the clouds. Did He not ascend in the clouds and He would return in like manner? That's two returns if He actually sets foot om terra firma in the future.

He said SOME WOULD NOT TASTE DEATH, so some would. Who died in the three days in between?.

They have occurred. Again, read some ancient sources instead of your dumb Left Behind crap.
Notice how every generation since this kooky system was started thought they’d be the one that the temple would be rebuilt, animal sacrifices reinstituted, the rapture would take place, but nadda.

SovereignGrace

Johnny is in class one day, he’s in second grade. He has been raised in a dispensationialist home. The teacher tells him to stand up and count to one hundred. He gets to 69 and stops. The teacher asks him if he knows what comes after 69 and he says yes, but there’s an undetermined amount of time betwixt 69 and 70. :) 🤣😂😅

SovereignGrace

I am reading through Ezekiel right now and I read chapter 5 where he shaved his beard and divided it. God used this to illustrate their impending destruction. This was to take place in the not too distant future. It wasn’t going to take place millennia later. Fast forward to the Olivet Discourse. What Jesus told them was to take place in their lifetime. It would be ridiculous to tell someone something that was going to take place millennia later.

Thats why I told you…

God has shown me that 3,000 years from now the land on which your house is built will be nuked by a nuclear bomb.

#GetOut

What good would it do you for someone to tell you of a destruction that will occur two, three, four, millennia later?

Last edited: