Why I Have Difficulty Loving and Forgiving Enemies

Yep, does work

Then you should have no problem citing the book, chapter and verse. You have now failed three times to do so. Why not just admit you screwed up? The longer you draw this out, the worse your utter failure looks.

Can I be saved apart from Jesus?
Yes or no?

Not a chance.

We both know the answer is NO

Correct. So you are particularly without excuse. Pixie and 5wize don't believe what you just confessed. But like you said, you KNOW you can't be saved without Jesus. You're no atheist. You're an arrogant theist. But at least you have your self-proclaimed "integrity," right? See how far that gets you come Judgement Day, theist..

Yes, I know that I am correct, stiggy
I know full well that there is no chance of salvation apart from Jesus

What I'm wondering is - why in the world were you arguing to the contrary?

You're no theist
You must be an atheist - albeit an ignorant one

The yes or no question I asked.
What question was that?
Sure He could. If He had ignored Ramadan, He would have been acting in an unIslamic manner. Now answer my yes or no question, please.
You appear to be suggesting that Jesus could have ignored a festival in a religion that did not exist when he was alive. Well that is certainly an interesting position to adopt.

Yes, I know that I am correct, stiggy
I know full well that there is no chance of salvation apart from Jesus

CORRECT. Zero chance, theist.

What I'm wondering is - why in the world were you arguing to the contrary?

Say what?? I've been agreeing with you all along. Pay attention.

You're no theist

WRONG! I believe in God. Look the word up. It comes from the Greek word for God. I can't believe that all these years you haven't known until now when I informed you of what a theist is.

Last edited:
What question was that?

Short term memory loss? Was Jesus acting unchristian when He called the Pharisees a brood of vipers and when He overturned the tables? Yes or no?

You appear to be suggesting that Jesus could have ignored a festival in a religion that did not exist when he was alive.

?? By asking if Jesus was acting unchristian when He called the Pharisees a brood of vipers and when He overturned the tables, I'm therefore suggesting that He was ignoring some festival? That makes no sense. Explain. And then answer my question, please.

Short term memory loss? Was Jesus acting unchristian when He called the Pharisees a brood of vipers and when He overturned the tables? Yes or no?

?? By asking if Jesus was acting unchristian when He called the Pharisees a brood of vipers and when He overturned the tables, I'm therefore suggesting that He was ignoring some festival? That makes no sense. Explain. And then answer my question, please.
It is a stupid question.

Then show me doing that, theist.
Post #79
In response to my assertion that:
"you must remove ultimate trust from self to Christ"

You responded with:
"That's not in the Bible."

Post #82
In response to my rhetorical question:
"Can I be saved apart from Jesus?"

You responded with:
"Not a chance."

We're done here

Post #79
"you must remove ultimate trust from self to Christ"

You responded with:
"That's not in the Bible."

As a condition for salvation? Correct. It's not, as your failure to provide scripture that it is, proves.

Post #82
In response to my rhetorical question:
"Can I be saved apart from Jesus?"

You responded with:
"Not a chance."

Correct. You can't. Acts 4:12: "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

We're done here

Correct. Put a fork in yourself. Maybe you'd better go back to being an atheist. You make a lousy theist.

As a condition for salvation? Correct. It's not, as your failure to provide scripture that it is, proves.
You, yourself, conceded that trust in Christ is a condition of salvation!!!

"I know full well that there is no chance of salvation apart from Jesus"

You, in post #85, responded with:
"CORRECT. Zero chance"

You, yourself, conceded that trust in Christ is a condition of salvation!!!

Correct. I even supplied a Bible verse to back it up. Want to see it again? Acts 4:12:

"And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

"I know full well that there is no chance of salvation apart from Jesus"

You, in post #85, responded with:
"CORRECT. Zero chance"

Yep. No way you are going to be saved apart from Jesus. Your choice. What'll it be, theist?

Therefore, removing of trust from self to Christ is a requirement in order to be saved

There are no requirements. But I understand. You are a new theist. Perhaps if you read the epistle to the Romans and the Galatians it will help you abandon your heretical belief that you can save yourself by fulfilling some sort of requirement. Your newfound theism is very Catholic in nature. That's OK. I believe many Catholics are Christians even though Catholicism is heretical. Look at it this way, Tree. You have come a long way from your previous atheism to your newfound theism.

Do repent of sin = salvation
Don't repent of sin = no salvation

Correct. I am very impressed by your increasing understanding of your newfound Christianity. Seriously. Now that you understand that you must repent of your sins, your next step is to repent of your sins. Are you ready to do that? If not, just ask God to help you do that. He will. It may or may not initially FEEL like a huge burden has been lifted. Don't worry about it. That will come with time. For some it comes immediately.

Do trust in Jesus = salvation
Don't trust in Jesus = no salvation

Amen, brother. I'm starting to get excited for you.

Clearly, there ARE requirements to salvation!

No, It is free. He paid the price. The only requirement is to accept it, which of course is no requirement at all. No more than if a starving man is freely offered a plate of food at no cost and thinks that his swallowing of the food is a requirement.

I know what you're thinking here, Tree. You're wanting to claim a rhetorical victory of "You said there's no requirement, but now you're saying repentance is a requirement." The stakes are too high for that kind of superficial victory on your behalf. You're getting so close. Obviously a requirement for you to be FREELY forgiven of your sins is to recognize that they exist. I'll take the loss. You take the victory, not the boring worthless CARM victory over me, but the VICTORY IN JESUS!

God loves you, brother.

Back