Why is everybody picking on SDAs?

Victor

... you cannot keep the 10 Commandments including the 4th command...
You're the Gentile who is an alien to the covenant from Mount Sinai, the Ten Commandments.
Each of your posts demonstrates that you are completely ignorant of the Bible.

Pipiripi

You're the Gentile who is an alien to the covenant from Mount Sinai, the Ten Commandments.
Go read Isaiah 56:1-8. And let me that it is written for the Israelites or Gentiles!!

Victor

Go read Isaiah 56:1-8. And let me that it is written for the Israelites or Gentiles!!
Quote Isaiah 56:1-8, and then read verse 4. The passage addresses the the children of Israel - not you.
Why don't you know anything about the Sabbath? Don't you know it doesn't exist outside the Mosaic covenant?
Oh yeah...

Recommended reading: Ephesians 2:11-16. This describes the relationship the Gentiles - like those in Dutch Caribbean islands - had with the Law mediated through Moses during its tenure.

Last edited:

Formersda

She died in 1915. Since she was codified as a continuing authority in SDA Fundamental Belief #18, Adventist doctrines can't be changed.
Not until they dump Ellen. I've posted several quotes showing the frustration this causes within Adventist academic groups.
One of the other problems is that SDAS think they are going to vindicate God for being fair about the Law. Like God is answerable to anyone or even cares what other people think.
And your right there is so much trouble in the SDA church regarding EGW so how can anyone trust the SDA church to be the remnant when there is so much conflict in it?
A religion with so much internal conflict which is oppositional to the body of Christ as a whole is one to be avoided at all costs.
Psalm 1 is very clear about what God accepts, your either a believer or an unbeliever end of. God doesn’t recognise specific religions, you can never be saved just because your an SDA or Catholic or whichever religion you ascribe to. It is only based on your relationship God.

SDAchristian

Prologue:
Many defend themselves by making Jesus a liar. Will it happen again ???
Don't you know it doesn't exist outside the Mosaic covenant?
AV 1C 15:45 And so it is written, The{G3588 ho, the definite article} first man{G444 anthropos} Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit.
Spiritual iterations abound.
AV Mk 2:27 And he said unto them, The{G3588 ho, the definite article} sabbath was made for {G3588 ho, the definite article, in the Greek text}man{G444 anthropos}, and not man for the sabbath:

Is Jesus' testimony for all "{G3588 ho, the definite article, in the Greek text}man{G444 anthropos}" ???

In your opinion, Did Jesus understand your opinion in your Point of View as truth ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Victor

Prologue:
Many defend themselves by making Jesus a liar. Will it happen again ???
I see it all the time from Adventists.
AV 1C 15:45 And so it is written, The{G3588 ho, the definite article} first man{G444 anthropos} Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit.
Spiritual iterations abound.
AV Mk 2:27 And he said unto them, The{G3588 ho, the definite article} sabbath was made for {G3588 ho, the definite article, in the Greek text}man{G444 anthropos}, and not man for the sabbath:

Is Jesus' testimony for all "{G3588 ho, the definite article, in the Greek text}man{G444 anthropos}" ???

In your opinion, Did Jesus understand your opinion in your Point of View as truth ???
Your post appears after my comment that the Sabbath doesn't exist outside the Mosaic covenant.
Is this something you wish to contend? It is a well known fact, after all.

Or, are you going to bloviate some more with passages that don't help you at all? And, why didn't you finish the sentence Jesus where He stated the Sabbath was made for man?

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Ex 20:11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

So spiritual synonyms are an issue in believing GOD's Words then ???
Your post appears after my comment that the Sabbath doesn't exist outside the Mosaic covenant.
AV Jn 5:45-47 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is [one] that accuseth you, [even] Moses, in whom ye trust. 46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Was Jesus "outside the Mosaic covenant" ???

So believing Jesus' words, from "the Mosaic covenant" is an issue for you ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Victor

I see it all the time from Adventists.

Or, are you going to bloviate some more with passages that don't help you at all? And, why didn't you finish the sentence Jesus where He stated the Sabbath was made for man?
Prologue:
AV Ex 20:11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

So spiritual synonyms are an issue in believing GOD's Words then ???

AV Jn 5:45-47 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is [one] that accuseth you, [even] Moses, in whom ye trust. 46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Was Jesus "outside the Mosaic covenant" ???

So believing Jesus' words, from "the Mosaic covenant" is an issue for you ???
Answer the questions.
Do you wish to contend the Sabbath exists outside the Mosaic covenant?
Why didn't you finish the sentence Jesus spoke? It is loaded with meaning you discarded.

John t

Why didn't you finish the sentence Jesus spoke? It is loaded with meaning you discarded.

Context is disregarded by 99.9% of cultists. Millerism is a cult, therefore, the conclusion that the poster and his pals are part of a cult is patently obvious.

John t

To paraphrase Bob Dylan,, "You don't need a weatherman to tell which way the wind blows" in this ruse.

You do his homework, and quote it accurately from any version, but it gets labeled as "wrong", or the poster picks am irrelevant clause in those verses, and tries to build a house from those irrelevant toothpicks of his.

SDAchristian

Do you wish to contend the Sabbath exists outside the Mosaic covenant?
AV Gn 4:5-8 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell. 6 And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? 7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee [shall be] his desire, and thou shalt rule over him. 8 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.

Yes. Just like 'murder', and a few other choice sins.

AV Jn 8:44-46 Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell [you] the truth, ye believe me not. 46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

Also a false witness("for he is a liar, and the father of it"). When did GOD start to hate these ???

Check Question: Did "the devil" "exists outside the Mosaic covenant" ???
And, why didn't you finish the sentence Jesus where He stated the Sabbath was made for man?
Because you seemed to have discarded the "and" in meaning and context.

AV Mk 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made{G1223 dia} for{G1223 dia} man{G444 anthropos}, and not man for{G1223 dia} the sabbath:

So you want to discuss the context of "made{G1223 dia} for{G1223 dia}" now ???

So what does "and not man" made(implied from translation context) "for{G1223 dia} the sabbath" mean to you ???

Are you a "man{G444 anthropos}" in Jesus' Omniscient understanding ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Victor

Why?
Also, instead of bloviating all over the page, find it.
Even the multitude of citations Ellen White made to the "fourth commandment" acknowledges a dependence on the Mosaic covenant.
You're on your own.
Because you seemed to have discarded the "and" in meaning and context.

AV Mk 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made{G1223 dia} for{G1223 dia} man{G444 anthropos}, and not man for{G1223 dia} the sabbath:

So you want to discuss the context of "made{G1223 dia} for{G1223 dia}" now ???

So what does "and not man" made(implied from translation context) "for{G1223 dia} the sabbath" mean to you ???

Are you a "man{G444 anthropos}" in Jesus' Omniscient understanding ???
And yet it appears that John's observation that cultists hate to look at the context is accurate.
Jesus packed a lot of meaning into his statement, which cultists hate to acknowledge.

SDAchristian

AV Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, [from] doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking [thine own] words:

1. The possessive of "my holy day" and GOD does NOT change. Many infer an error on GOD's part, I will not.

AV Mt 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven.
AV Hb 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, [that] thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

2. The Original Covenant is in Heaven, which Moses copied. No ONE can change that spiritual contract.
Also, instead of bloviating all over the page, find it.
Even the multitude of citations Ellen White made to the "fourth commandment" acknowledges a dependence on the Mosaic covenant.
You are entitled to state that as your opinion.

AV Re 16:6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.

You seem to be the kind of person, that needs to see the murder of "saints and prophets", before conviction sets in.

AV Mt 25:6-8 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. 7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

The time is coming that many will want this "oil", but it will be too late to acquire some from the Holy Spirit. Think sin pattern against the Holy Spirit.
And yet it appears that John's observation that cultists hate to look at the context is accurate.
Jesus packed a lot of meaning into his statement, which cultists hate to acknowledge.
AV Ps 83:4-5 They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from [being] a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance. 5 For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee:

So @John t and yourself have a confederation going ??? I guess, we will wait for Jesus' authority to straighten out the misunderstanding then, like many did to Jesus during the first advent.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Victor

AV Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, [from] doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking [thine own] words:

1. The possessive of "my holy day" and GOD does NOT change. Many infer an error on GOD's part, I will not.

AV Mt 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven.
AV Hb 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, [that] thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

2. The Original Covenant is in Heaven, which Moses copied. No ONE can change that spiritual contract.

You are entitled to state that as your opinion.

AV Re 16:6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.

You seem to be the kind of person, that needs to see the murder of "saints and prophets", before conviction sets in.

AV Mt 25:6-8 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. 7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

The time is coming that many will want this "oil", but it will be too late to acquire some from the Holy Spirit. Think sin pattern against the Holy Spirit.

AV Ps 83:4-5 They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from [being] a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance. 5 For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee:

So @John t and yourself have a confederation going ??? I guess, we will wait for Jesus' authority to straighten out the misunderstanding then, like many did to Jesus during the first advent.
It seems to me that you started this morning with a post that suggested limited time available to spend here, since you have other obligations.
But...
I have never seen anyone waste so much time bloviating instead of responding to content.

Had you bothered to finish the sentence that Jesus spoke, you would know that the "original covenant is in heaven" is a false statement. It simply doesn't have jurisdiction there. This is another one of Ellen's famous fables. But I do think that John is onto something when he points out that cult members hate context and so won't quote it. You wasted an entire post and whatever amount of time it took to compose it to provide absolutely no support for your contention of a Sabbath existing outside the covenant mediated through Moses.

It is true...

The one who will not read
has no advantage over
the one who cannot read.
Both are illiterate.

Seeker

She died in 1915. Since she was codified as a continuing authority in SDA Fundamental Belief #18, Adventist doctrines can't be changed.
Not until they dump Ellen. I've posted several quotes showing the frustration this causes within Adventist academic groups.
You are 100% correct! In fact, I was in the SDA for about 20 years but couldn’t take it anymore. I left in 2006 due to the fact EGW ruled the church from her grave.

Victor

Victor, can a trinitarian receive the seal of God?
Remember that the seal of God has to do with the 4th command.
Citing the "4th command" is an appeal to the Mosaic covenant (the Ten Commandments) and shows a devotion towards Judaism and its soteriology based on works (see Deuteronomy 6:25). Making a claim that an ordinance of the old covenant is the seal of God is an Adventist fable that you can't support from the Bible.

No Christian is going to accept this fairy tale from your "pioneers". Just as they invented unbiblical fantasies to justify a non-event in 1844, they invented a seal based on your performance (not appealing to God for salvation) that is foreign to Scripture. The SDA pioneers were biblical illiterates.

Ephesians 4
25 Therefore, putting away lying, “Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor,” for we are members of one another. 26 “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, 27 nor give place to the devil. 28 Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need. 29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. 32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.​

God the Holy Spirit is our seal, and the guarantee of our adoption into the household of God. Note the "by whom" and not the impersonal force you promote.

2 Corinthians 5:4-5
For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life. Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.​

Romans 8
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.​

In each post you damage what credibility you hope to have; in this latest post you deny the seal of God. You remain completely ignorant of the Bible and show no desire to learn from it. Remember what I posted many times in the past: Old-covenant "christianity" is a oxymoron that doesn't exist outside the minds of the delusional.

Authentic Nouveau

Yes, the Sabbath is the Lord day exactly how it is written in the 10 Commandments.
You miss the point of the new testament The Lord's day is everyday if you are filled with the Holy Spirit.
"The Veil was rent" The Holy Spirit now no longer appears in only a certain place.

Victor

You are 100% correct! In fact, I was in the SDA for about 20 years but couldn’t take it anymore. I left in 2006 due to the fact EGW ruled the church from her grave.
The experiences I've heard from former Adventists personally is that the Investigative Judgment is the #1 reason they fled the church. Others have drawn on the similarity it has with the RCC purgatory nonsense. When I first heard about the nonsense associated with a non-event in 1844 later on, I blew a gasket and alarm bells started banging loudly. Curious to hear your take on this.

I was spared the Adventist experience myself when God audibly told me to leave a Revelation Seminar when I was new in the faith.