Why is everybody picking on SDAs?

Common Tater

Most members of groups like that are intentionally steered away from the 1st 7 Councils of the Christian Church - which systematize Sacred Scripture. If an individual doesn't know what the definition of the Trinity is they can easily be made to accept an alien definition of it without knowing the difference.

Ellen had no excuse because she started out as a Trinitarian (Methodist) and later militantly repudiated that doctrine after being bedded down by James White - who - in a moment of unholy ecstasy gloated

James White ( Ellen's husband )
"We invite all to compare THE TESTIMONIES of the Holy Spirit THROUGH Mrs. White with the word of God. And in this we do not invite you to compare them with your creed. That is quite another thing. The TRINITARIAN may compare them with his creed, and because THEY DO NOT AGREE WITH IT, CONDEMN them [ the testimonies of Mrs. White ]. The Adventist Review & Sabbath Herald June 13, 1871

Look below at how the Review & Sabbath Herald classifies the Methodist Creed pertaining to the Doctrine of God.

View attachment 2122

Approximately 3 months after the above admission one of the most anti-Trinitarian articles ever published in the Church paper appeared - that article was revised and edited by none other than Ellen White herself.

View attachment 2123

Below is the direct admission it was her that did it:

View attachment 2124

One must wonder WHAT kind of a "Family Altar" a person would have to worship at to say the things found in that August 29, 1878 article! Could it be something like:

View attachment 2125
I can tell you this. We were taught virtually nothing about the history of the Christian church. Nothing about the early councils, nothing about people like Justin Martyr, Athenasius, Augustine, etc. Lip service was paid to the Reformation, but you'd have thought the church didn't start until the mid-1800s.

SDAchristian

What criteria is used for the strike out ????????
your post
"By your own words, you condemn yourself"
AV Re 12:9-11 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Dodge, lack of evidence in discussion of your opinion !!! Please identify by quote and which words, motivated your judgment, of strikeout of "Yours in Christ" ???

AV Re 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Do you realize, if "Yours in Christ" is true lie, GOD will judge you back for it ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Mt 12:36-37 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
One must wonder WHAT kind of a "Family Altar" a person would have to worship at to say the things found in that August 29, 1878 article! Could it be something like: View attachment 2125
So this is where your imagination of opinion take you for evidence ???

AV Re 16:4-7 And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood. 5 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus. 6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy. 7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous [are] thy judgments.

So are you going to start Salem Witch Trials for "blood" "shed" again, against Adventist, or just against "saints and prophets" then ???
Testimonies for the Church 9:11 (1909) said:
The calamities by land and sea, the unsettled state of society, the alarms of war, are portentous. They forecast approaching events of the greatest magnitude. The agencies of evil are combining their forces and consolidating. They are strengthening for the last great crisis. Great changes are soon to take place in our world, and the final movements will be rapid ones.
AV Ac 4:25-26 Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things? 26 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.

Many will be alive "For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets" for GOD to execute this 'the third angel's plague.

PS: GOD's Omniscience already knows, it's the one who do not know GOD(spiritual 'heathen's), that take blasphemous judgment into their own hands, that GOD has an issue with in the third plague. Okay, Who wants to upset GOD now ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

I can tell you this. We were taught virtually nothing about the history of the Christian church. Nothing about the early councils, nothing about people like Justin Martyr, Athenasius, Augustine, etc. Lip service was paid to the Reformation, but you'd have thought the church didn't start until the mid-1800s.
AV 2Th 2:1-12 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and [by] our gathering together unto him, 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth [will let], until he be taken out of the way. 8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9 [Even him], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

GOD has had enemies for a long time, even within GOD's people groups, think wheat and tares.

AV Mt 24:22-25 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. 23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here [is] Christ, or there; believe [it] not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before.

History is filled with Free Will Choices from GOD's people("the very elect") and GOD's enemies trying to seduce "the very elect".

Take a hint from those who killed Jesus, in thought, word and deed.

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Re 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him [be] glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

So are you a "kings and priests unto God and his Father", or not ???
I thought worshiping the Sabbath was just about the most important thing for Adventists like you. No need for a starter question, just stating an observation.
Just like the Pharisees, who made the same "observation" to Jesus then ???

AV Mt 12:2-8 But when the Pharisees saw [it], they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day. 3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him; 4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests? 5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless? 6 But I say unto you, That in this place is [one] greater than the temple. 7 But if ye had known what [this] meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless. 8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Is Jesus still "Lord even of the sabbath day" ???
I see you still have no problem with buying and selling on the Sabbath.
AV Re 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

So blaspheming Jesus' own judgment will stop then ??? Because you believe that sabbath is still valid for you to make a judgment for GOD, Right ??? <<< Note: Catch22

Okay, if you have said your peace, are you done with this line of comment on posting on sabbath ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Victor

Ask yourself:
  • Why is it that no one in the entire history of the SDA church can find the Investigative Judgment remotely hinted at in Scripture?
  • What makes you think that God would demand anyone to violate a new-covenant commandment He gave to us?
It remains that the Sanctuary Doctrine is a colossal face-saving phenomenon concocted to justify a non-event in 1844. It is unique to the SDA cult because no one else accepts it as anything more than narcissistic pablum.
Prologue:
AV Mt 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

"Yours in Christ, Michael", The criteria you use to exclude me as GOD's people, GOD can and will use to judge back to you, in Omniscience. You are aware, that qualifies as blasphemy, as judging in the place of GOD ??? Blasphemy coming to judge for GOD, in a day of rest too !!!

Ad hominem is against a person, what doctrine are you using for the strikeout text ???
You are abusive toward others. Now refer to the verse you quoted - maybe it will mean something to you.
AV Jn 8:44 Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

"Why is it that no one in the entire history of the SDA church can find the Investigative Judgment remotely hinted at in Scripture?", Your opinion wrapped in a question. It seems to me, the serpent did that to Eve, as well.

You could do you own reading(Here: https://m.egwwritings.org/en/book/746.6) and offer a better synopsis of the errors you found ???

Your hint: Azazel goat as contrasted to the LORD's goat. Both goats(literally died, one murdered, and the other natural causes) are literal types of future anti-types. Hint: Jesus died once.

"What makes you think that God would demand anyone to violate a new-covenant commandment He gave to us?", Another of your opinion wrapped in a question. Please takes this back to my another thread with a new post, Okay ???

"It remains that the Sanctuary Doctrine is a colossal face-saving phenomenon concocted to justify a non-event in 1844. It is unique to the SDA cult because no one else accepts it as anything more than narcissistic pablum.", Still your opinion to offer to others to believe.

AV Re 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

GOD has compassionate love for those who were loyal in the beginning. But go ahead and retain your opinions.

Yours in Christ, Michael
Those were two simple questions, that most could answer easily without investing a lot of thought.
But...
When you can't defend the doctrines of your cult, wouldn't be prudent to learn about them instead of showing others how ignorant you are?

pythons

SDAchristian said: So this is where your imagination of opinion take you for evidence ???

I'm coming from the position that Christ is Almighty God, not a part or a "third" of God as is articulated below.

Ellen White, Lift Him Up 235.3
There is no one who can explain the mystery of the incarnation of Christ. Yet we know that He came to this earth and lived as a man among men. THE MAN CHRIST JESUS WAS NOT THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, yet Christ and the Father are one. The Deity did not sink under the agonizing torture of Calvary, yet it is nonetheless true that "God so loved the word, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

This appears to urinate on Isaiah 35, 4
"Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you."

& on

Matthew 1,23
Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us

And a host of other Scriptures.

If Scripture identifies Christ as God Almighty & an Oracle (mystic) claims that Christ is one WHO IS LIKE GOD it defaults into the mystic teaching a doctrine of the antichrist. It doesn't take much of an imagination to come up with a Satanic altar. That Sabbath Herald article did say that the author who originally wrote that anti-Trinitarian article is recorded as worshipping many seasons at the altar in Ellen White's house. What do you imagine that altar looked like?

Common Tater

Prologue:
AV Re 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him [be] glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

AV Mt 12:2-8 But when the Pharisees saw [it], they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day. 3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him; 4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests? 5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless? 6 But I say unto you, That in this place is [one] greater than the temple. 7 But if ye had known what [this] meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless. 8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

AV Re 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

So blaspheming Jesus' own judgment will stop then ??? Because you believe that sabbath is still valid for you to make a judgment for GOD, Right ??? <<< Note: Catch22

Okay, if you have said your peace, are you done with this line of comment on posting on sabbath ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Prologue:

Yours in Christ, Michael
You are helping prove the point that the Fourth Commandment is a ceremonial law, not a moral one.

I take it you would find nothing wrong with going to a restaurant for Sabbath dinner.

DrPatti

You are helping prove the point that the Fourth Commandment is a ceremonial law, not a moral one.

I take it you would find nothing wrong with going to a restaurant for Sabbath dinner.

It was always confusing to me how SDAs would buy "meal tickets" in advance for sabbath meals at campmeeting. What is the difference in doing that and using a credit card. Either way no money changes hands at that moment. One is in advance; one is afterward.

pythons

Victor said:
Those were two simple questions, that most could answer easily without investing a lot of thought.
But...
When you can't defend the doctrines of your cult, wouldn't be prudent to learn about them instead of showing others how ignorant you are?

The oddity of SDA's claiming the Investigative Judgement is necessary for God to demonstrate His righteousness to planets with alien hominids walking around is something hard for me to get my mind wrapped around!

Reactions: Mik

pythons

It was always confusing to me how SDAs would buy "meal tickets" in advance for sabbath meals at campmeeting. What is the difference in doing that and using a credit card. Either way no money changes hands at that moment. One is in advance; one is afterward.

It just makes them feel good - employing those rubrics makes their god seem more real.

Common Tater

An Adventist pays for a meal before Sabbath so he won't be buying or selling on that day, but sees nothing wrong with having a non-Adventist have to work on Sabbath to provide the meal. That's some convoluted morality.

Common Tater

Prologue:

Yours in Christ, Michael
You aren't Jesus, Lord of the Sabbath, or David, or a kohen. You are twisting Scripture to try and justify your profaning of the Sabbath.

In those days I saw in Judah people who were treading wine presses on the Sabbath, and bringing in sacks of grain and loading them on donkeys, as well as wine, grapes, figs, and every kind of load, and they were bringing them into Jerusalem on the Sabbath day. So I admonished them on the day they sold food. Also people of Tyre were living there who imported fish and all kinds of merchandise, and sold them to the sons of Judah on the Sabbath, even in Jerusalem. Then I reprimanded the nobles of Judah and said to them, “What is this evil thing that you are doing, by profaning the Sabbath day? Did your fathers not do the same, so that our God brought on us and on this city all this trouble? Yet you are adding to the wrath against Israel by profaning the Sabbath.”

And it came about that just as it became dark at the gates of Jerusalem before the Sabbath, I ordered that the doors be shut, and that they were not to open them until after the Sabbath. Then I stationed some of my servants at the gates so that no load would enter on the Sabbath day. Once or twice the traders and merchants of every kind of merchandise spent the night outside Jerusalem. Then I warned them and said to them, “Why do you spend the night in front of the wall? If you do so again, I will use force against you.” From that time on they did not come on the Sabbath. And I ordered the Levites that they were to purify themselves and come as gatekeepers to sanctify the Sabbath day. For this also remember me, my God, and have compassion on me according to the greatness of Your mercy. Nehemiah 13:15-22 NASB

And as I have pointed out, you don't even obey the words of your own "prophet".

The Jews had so perverted the law that they made it a yoke of bondage. Their meaningless requirements had become a byword among other nations. Especially was the Sabbath hedged in by all manner of senseless restrictions. It was not to them a delight, the holy of the Lord, and honorable. The scribes and Pharisees had made its observance an intolerable burden. A Jew was not allowed to kindle a fire nor even to light a candle on the Sabbath. As a consequence the people were dependent upon the Gentiles for many services which their rules forbade them to do for themselves. They did not reflect that if these acts were sinful, those who employed others to perform them were as guilty as if they had done the work themselves. They thought that salvation was restricted to the Jews, and that the condition of all others, being already hopeless, could be made no worse. But God has given no commandments which cannot be obeyed by all. His laws sanction no unreasonable or selfish restrictions. Ellen White, Desire of Ages, p. 204, para. 1

Victor

The oddity of SDA's claiming the Investigative Judgement is necessary for God to demonstrate His righteousness to planets with alien hominids walking around is something hard for me to get my mind wrapped around!
The concept leads us back to the point I made at the beginning:
Searching for a reason for a judgment that doesn't exist is a colossal waste of time.

Common Tater

Here is something else that is odd. The Bible is absolutely silent on whether there is life on other planets. So you have here a judgement that you can't find in the Bible to demonstrate God's righteousness to a universal population whose existence can't be found in the Bible either.

pythons

Here is something else that is odd. The Bible is absolutely silent on whether there is life on other planets. So you have here a judgement that you can't find in the Bible to demonstrate God's righteousness to a universal population whose existence can't be found in the Bible either.

Yes, it reminds me of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein! Where the creators creation has the potential to destroy him - in this case the created monster is Lucifer who after Adam & Eve get punished puts God into a legal pickle or sorts causing God to react and "PROVE" His Righteousness to the Wookie's on Darur, the Klingon's on Kronos and whoever else had "questions" about God's Character! Obviously the early SDA's rejected the Doctrine of Divine Impassibility along with the Trinity.

Buzzard

And there appeared a great wonder in heaven;
a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet,
and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
And the woman fled into the wilderness,
where she hath a place prepared of God,
that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman,
that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

Song of Solomon
Who is this that cometh up from the wilderness,
leaning upon her beloved?
I raised thee up under the apple tree:
there thy mother brought thee forth:
there she brought thee forth that bare thee

6 Set me as a seal upon thine heart ,
as a seal upon thine arm:
for love is strong as death;
jealousy is cruel as the grave:
the coals thereof are coals of fire,
which hath a most vehement flame

And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman,​

Many waters cannot quench love,
neither can the floods drown it:
if a man would give all the substance of his house for love,
it would utterly be contemned.

Proverbs 6:34
For jealousy is the rage of a man:
therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance.
35 He will not regard any ransom;
neither will he rest content,
though thou givest many gifts.

if a man would give all the substance of his house for love,
it would utterly be contemned.​

Song of Solomon 4:
Come, my beloved, let us go forth into the field;
let us lodge in the villages.

12 Let us get up early to the vineyards;
let us see if the vine flourish,
whether the tender grape appear,
and the pomegranates bud forth:
there will I give thee my loves.

13 The mandrakes give a smell,
and at our gates are all manner of pleasant fruits,
new and old, which I have laid up for thee,
O my beloved.

Lets go see if the Harvest is Ripe

Last edited:

Common Tater

Here is something else that is odd. The Bible is absolutely silent on whether there is life on other planets. So you have here a judgement to demonstrate God's righteousness to a universal population whose existence can't be found in the Bible.

Yes, it reminds me of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein! Where the creators creation has the potential to destroy him - in this case the created monster is Lucifer who after Adam & Eve get punished puts God into a legal pickle or sorts causing God to react and "PROVE" His Righteousness to the Wookie's on Darur, the Klingon's on Kronos and whoever else had "questions" about God's Character! Obviously the early SDA's rejected the Doctrine of Divine Impassibility along with the Trinity.
And if all of these beings on other worlds that the Bible makes no mention of have doubts about God's righteousness and judgement and worthiness of being God, doesn't it seem that maybe sin has occurred on many more planets than just Earth? SDAs have opened themselves a big can of worms with this malarkey that God must justify Himself to created beings. Especially ones whose existence the Bible is completely silent about.

pythons

And if all of these beings on other worlds that the Bible makes no mention of have doubts about God's righteousness and judgement and worthiness of being God, doesn't it seem that maybe sin has occurred on many more planets than just Earth? SDAs have opened themselves a big can of worms with this malarkey that God must justify Himself to created beings. Especially ones whose existence the Bible is completely silent about.

For sure it's incredibly weird!

William Miller's ONLY message was that Jesus was going to return on a specific date - that's the ONLY thing an individual could objectively weigh out in their mind. That was it, there was NO other message. The message was false AND contradicted Scripture.

Ellen White rebuked Christians who rejected the message - claimed they didn't want Jesus to come because they cherished their sins!

Once it's undeniable that the message was totally bogus the group that becomes SDA claim that Miller got the timing right BUT got the event wrong - and then claimed God turned His back on everyone who rejected Miller's ONLY message?

Its idiotic.

It makes as much sense as claiming salvation depends on carrying a mutton chop in your left coat pocket on Tuesdays and Thursdays - OR ELSE YOU LOOSE YOUR SALVATION!