Why is everybody picking on SDAs?

CharismaticLady

Not even the commandments, since you dispensed with that a few minutes ago.
You aren't taking anything seriously, IMO.
Really? I take holiness seriously - very seriously. The Ten Commandments were based on God's eternal laws of Love with everything in you, and then some. But because of our sin nature, God had to dumb down His Laws to commandments a sinner could obey. The New Covenant commandments are much harder for a sinner to keep. But made much easier for His children, because of the seed He placed in us - His Spirit.

But as far a tearing down Adventists, I won't. I respect them because they DO what they believe found in the Bible. I don't care what they've added. They believe in holiness.

Last edited:

Victor

Really? I take holiness seriously - very seriously. The Ten Commandments were based on God's eternal laws of Love with everything in you, and then some. But because of our sin nature, God had to dumb down His Laws to commandments a sinner could obey. The New Covenant commandments are much harder for a sinner to keep. But made much easier for His children, because of the seed He placed in us - His Spirit.
Didn't your previous post posit knowledge of the covenants? What happened in the span of 15 minutes?
And where oh where is there any biblical support for dumbing down the old covenant? That is foreign to Scripture.

But as far a tearing down Adventists, I won't. I respect them because they DO what they believe found in the Bible. I don't care what they've added. They believe in holiness.
Jude 1
3 Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. 4 For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ.

CharismaticLady

Didn't your previous post posit knowledge of the covenants? What happened in the span of 15 minutes?
And where oh where is there any biblical support for dumbing down the old covenant? That is foreign to Scripture.

Remember the Sermon on the Mount where Jesus compares the Ten Commandments with what He says now? The commandments of Jesus are to the core of us. Love God with all your heart, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. The Ten Commandments are merely surface commandment of action, but does not go any deeper, nor cause true righteousness. That is what I mean, and that is what Jesus did. He brought His own commandments up to the level of the eternal commandments of God. It is the Spirit that causes us to finally keep the righteous requirements of the eternal law. And the commandments of Jesus are identical to the eternal laws of God. 1 John 3:23-24
Jude 1
3 Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. 4 For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Victor, this does NOT describe any of the doctrines of Seventh-day Adventists. It describes the dead doctrines of the first Reformationists. Doctrines of demons. Jesus said of them, "you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead. Martin Luther said: "No sin can separate us from Him, even if we were to kill or commit adultery thousands of times each day." I've never heard a better example of Jude 1:4 then that.

Victor

Remember the Sermon on the Mount where Jesus compares the Ten Commandments with what He says now?
Jesus showed the non-compliant nature of the heart, and charged everyone a failure in that sermon.
The commandments of Jesus are to the core of us.
What does this mean?
Love God with all your heart, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself.
Spoken by Moses, called the greatest commandment in the Law by Jesus, and this commandment isn't found anywhere in the new covenant. In fact, 1 John 4 presents an argument that we should love God and we love Him because He first loved us - John can't cite the commandment you listed from Moses.
The Ten Commandments are merely surface commandment of action
Uh, no. It was the first covenant taken away by the Hand of Jesus (Hebrews 10:9, which you refused to comment on).
, but does not go any deeper, nor cause true righteousness.
Nor give life - as Galatians 3:21 previously quoted showed you.
That is what I mean, and that is what Jesus did. He brought His own commandments up to the level of the eternal commandments of God. It is the Spirit that causes us to finally keep the righteous requirements of the eternal law. And the commandments of Jesus are identical to the eternal laws of God.
What eternal "laws of God"? Is this something you just made up?
1 John 3:23-24
A short list disparate from the first covenant from Mount Sinai, and does not include all the commandments of God. For example, why do Adventists refuse to abide by the commandment issued in Matthew 24:26 by their claim their 'jesus' is in the inner room?
Victor, this does NOT describe any of the doctrines of Seventh-day Adventists.
Absolutely! It is pure demonic doctrine that causes them to reject God's rest by their disobedience (Hebrews 4:6).
It describes the dead doctrines of the first Reformationists. Doctrines of demons. Jesus said of them, "you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead. Martin Luther said: "No sin can separate us from Him, even if we were to kill or commit adultery thousands of times each day." I've never heard a better example of Jude 1:4 then that.
It is all beginning to make sense to me now.
I already quoted from the Augsburg Confession, which was sent to your pope pompous the pious pontifical failure. His response?
Trent.
Called us all anathema and wanted nothing more to do with us. And we want nothing more to do with him scrapping the Bible to support their nasty theology.

But this is the SDA forum. It is not the place to apologize for Roman Catholicism.

BTW, Luther made an extreme comment to emphasize our salvation's dependency on God's performance, and not our own.
It is the same theme found in Romans 4.

I have noticed that you haven't answered any direct questions, and you have contradicted yourself a number of times. The term 'waffle' applies to your posts.

CharismaticLady

Jesus showed the non-compliant nature of the heart, and charged everyone a failure in that sermon.

What does this mean?

Spoken by Moses, called the greatest commandment in the Law by Jesus, and this commandment isn't found anywhere in the new covenant. In fact, 1 John 4 presents an argument that we should love God and we love Him because He first loved us - John can't cite the commandment you listed from Moses.

Uh, no. It was the first covenant taken away by the Hand of Jesus (Hebrews 10:9, which you refused to comment on).

Nor give life - as Galatians 3:21 previously quoted showed you.

What eternal "laws of God"? Is this something you just made up?

A short list disparate from the first covenant from Mount Sinai, and does not include all the commandments of God. For example, why do Adventists refuse to abide by the commandment issued in Matthew 24:26 by their claim their 'jesus' is in the inner room?

Absolutely! It is pure demonic doctrine that causes them to reject God's rest by their disobedience (Hebrews 4:6).

It is all beginning to make sense to me now.
I already quoted from the Augsburg Confession, which was sent to your pope pompous the pious pontifical failure. His response?
Trent.
Called us all anathema and wanted nothing more to do with us. And we want nothing more to do with him scrapping the Bible to support their nasty theology.

But this is the SDA forum. It is not the place to apologize for Roman Catholicism.

BTW, Luther made an extreme comment to emphasize our salvation's dependency on God's performance, and not our own.
It is the same theme found in Romans 4.

I have noticed that you haven't answered any direct questions, and you have contradicted yourself a number of times. The term 'waffle' applies to your posts.
ROFL

John t

Yes, that was the Millerites. They got three things wrong.

Sorry, and I am not attempting to be rude, but logically you cannot dissociate that from the SDA. It is one of their CURRENT 28 Fundamental Beliefs. What you are doing is akin to attempting to remove the Declaration of Independence from the foundational documents of the US of A.

John t

CharismaticLady said:
The sons are free because they have the truth. The truth shall set you free. In other words, the gospel. But only the true meaning, not all this fake stuff out of post-apostolic teachings. John 8:32-36

32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” 33 They replied to him, “We are descendants of Abraham and have not been enslaved to anyone at any time. How do you say, ‘You will become free’?” 34 Jesus replied to them, “Truly, truly I say to you, that everyone who commits sin is a slave of sin. 35 And the slave does not remain in the household ⌞forever⌟; the son remains ⌞forever⌟. 36 So if the son sets you free, you will be truly free

That neither follows what you posted, nor is it accurate.

John t

You have to much hate for the TRUTH!!

That is irrational, and unprofitable. Victor posts as he does to demonstrate the many errors of the SDA. Too many are enmeshed in this cult and have no idea of what the cult teaches. If you are about to fall off a cliff, is it "unloving" to tell you of the dangers ahead? I think not.

John t

Are we worshipping the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob? Or are we worshipping a sun god of the Romans Catholic Church?
Your red herring is recognized and ignored because it has nothing to do with the OP.

Collectively, y'all seem to think that the non-SDA posters are attacking SDA people. We are not. We are merely pointing out the MANY errors in the SDA theology, and are totally without support from Scripture when taken in context.

If you know Greek and Hebrews, then you know better. But I keep trusting in the Bible till my dead.

That I studied both languages in grad school is a stewardship, for which I am held accountable. That does not make me better than others; rather it requires me hold to higher standards than others.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Sorry, and I am not attempting to be rude, but logically you cannot dissociate that from the SDA. It is one of their CURRENT 28 Fundamental Beliefs. What you are doing is akin to attempting to remove the Declaration of Independence from the foundational documents of the US of A.
Hi John, not sure what you mean. The SDA church has the prophecies of Daniel 7, 8, and 9 wrong. What would you have me do besides tell you what I believe those prophecies mean. SDA's are not the only ones who I've seen be wrong in interpreting prophecies. I'm not going to single them out when so many are guilty. What I do respect in them is they haven't turned off their minds and not tried to figures these things out. I respect anyone who tries. And that includes you and Vic and eve. God can't steer a parked car. But He can direct the path of those who are on the move.

CharismaticLady

Is this considered a reasonable response?

Victor made some serious observations about your posts here, and he did so in an honest attempt to help you learn because the content of your posts is confused, conflated, and lacking in Scriptural support

I laughed because when someone is obviously not mature in the fruit of the Spirit, in this case, self control, they tend to jump to silly conclusions, and sometimes you just have to laugh, or you'll cry.

CharismaticLady

the content of your posts is confused, conflated, and lacking in Scriptural support

I purposely didn't give any. It is a long study, and I didn't think he would be receptive. Besides, I like to know what denominational background someone has and I don't know your's or Vics.

Victor

I laughed because when someone is obviously not mature in the fruit of the Spirit, in this case, self control, they tend to jump to silly conclusions, and sometimes you just have to laugh, or you'll cry.
You fail to concede how you forced those conclusions 😝

Victor

I purposely didn't give any. It is a long study, and I didn't think he would be receptive. Besides, I like to know what denominational background someone has and I don't know your's or Vics.
Scripture doesn't have a demon-ational background. Change your settings to enable viewing signatures and you won't remain in the dark.

Bob Carabbio

Till now it is okay, you can worship God on any days. But the Saturday Sabbath is a day created to give all to God by doing not your daily things and work for yourself.

There will come a day that they obligate us to worship only on Sunday, Saturday everybody must go work or do the normal things.
Read Revelation 14:6-13. Look at verse 12 good.
Who is "They" who would actually CARE AT ALL about some minor religious system and care one way or another about what day they gather together???

Victor

Hi John, not sure what you mean. The SDA church has the prophecies of Daniel 7, 8, and 9 wrong. What would you have me do besides tell you what I believe those prophecies mean.
The problem in your posts is that you don't provide biblical support for what you believe, and in at least one case you repeat a belief that is contrary to what Scripture says. Repeating the error after it has been shown to you suggests incompetence or deceit.
SDA's are not the only ones who I've seen be wrong in interpreting prophecies. I'm not going to single them out when so many are guilty. What I do respect in them is they haven't turned off their minds and not tried to figures these things out. I respect anyone who tries. And that includes you and Vic and eve. God can't steer a parked car. But He can direct the path of those who are on the move.
The SDA church has cornered themselves into where they can't try to figure out their doctrinal problems, and they haven't been able to turn on their minds for well over a hundred years.
Why?
Because Ellen White died well over a hundred years ago, and she codified their beliefs before she died. To study the Bible on their own means that they have to dispense with Ellen White, and she remains their authority in the their fundamental beliefs. Internally they know they can't reconcile their interpretation of Daniel 8 with Ellen's writings, but each time they assemble to address their doctrinal errors, they dismiss sine die without effecting any changes. Their minds have been turned off permanently.

John t

I purposely didn't give any. It is a long study, and I didn't think he would be receptive. Besides, I like to know what denominational background someone has and I don't know your's or Vics.?
It is not the denomination that is the issue. There really is one, true issue, and that is, "Does the translation faithfully render the original languages correctly?

However, when you have a "official church translation of God's word", such as the SDA church does in its "Clear Word" translation,then you have a different matter. It is an abomination because they change the translation to fit the SDA theology

CL: This is very important, and true. Victor wrote that the "higher ups" in the SDA already know about the many errors contained in the writings of Ellen White. But they refuse to do the hard work of looking at Scriptures as the primary sources in an effort to indefinably postpone (the meaning of sine die so as to not have to do a reconstruction of Ellen's words to make them conform to Scripture. In the SDA church, and despite what FB 1 states, the practice of the SDA church is to put Ellen ahead of God's words.

The SDA church has cornered themselves into where they can't try to figure out their doctrinal problems, and they haven't been able to turn on their minds for well over a hundred years.
Why?
Because Ellen White died well over a hundred years ago, and she codified their beliefs before she died. To study the Bible on their own means that they have to dispense with Ellen White, and she remains their authority in the their fundamental beliefs. Internally they know they can't reconcile their interpretation of Daniel 8 with Ellen's writings, but each time they assemble to address their doctrinal errors, they dismiss sine die without effecting any changes. Their minds have been turned off permanently.

It is not trivial what they are doing, and we are attempting to educate you in these matters. We do that so that your decisions about the SDA are rooted in knowledge, and not mushy sentimentalism, having no connection with the truth.

SDAchristian

Prologue:
The Investigative Judgment doctrine is exclusive to the SDA church.
Enquiring minds want to know
Some evidence of a specific SDA doctrine, other than "Investigative Judgment doctrine", would go well with your accusation, Please ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

CharismaticLady

It is not the denomination that is the issue. There really is one, true issue, and that is, "Does the translation faithfully render the original languages correctly?

However, when you have a "official church translation of God's word", such as the SDA church does in its "Clear Word" translation,then you have a different matter. It is an abomination because they change the translation to fit the SDA theology

CL: This is very important, and true. Victor wrote that the "higher ups" in the SDA already know about the many errors contained in the writings of Ellen White. But they refuse to do the hard work of looking at Scriptures as the primary sources in an effort to indefinably postpone (the meaning of sine die so as to not have to do a reconstruction of Ellen's words to make them conform to Scripture. In the SDA church, and despite what FB 1 states, the practice of the SDA church is to put Ellen ahead of God's words.

It is not trivial what they are doing, and we are attempting to educate you in these matters. We do that so that your decisions about the SDA are rooted in knowledge, and not mushy sentimentalism, having no connection with the truth.
Clear Word is not their official Bible, like the New World Translation is JW's, just written by an Adventist with an agenda. It is horrible. I have one. Don't crucify a whole denomination because of one member.