Why Jews will never accept Jesus

There are health issues associated with the food laws. Obeying them is also honoring God, but He wants to protect His people. If you eat too much shellfish you can get horrible food allergies. You can get rabies from bats, viruses from wild rabbits and mice, etc.

Again, Paul was not advocating eating things dedicated to idols. He was instructing people who were ministering to Gentiles. He understood that saving a soul was more important to God and everything else is secondary to that purpose.
Yes, he was advocating it.
This would have been his opportunity to reinforce the command from Jehovah to not eat such food and the instructions of the Jerusalem Council, but he didn't do that. Instead, he said only to avoid it if it might offend a "weaker" Christian.
The basic principle behind eating things sacrificed to idols is separation. We are to practice separation from the pagan practices around us. The quote in Revelation as it applies today means the same. While we don't have pagan temples in many countries, when a Christian watches unclean things on television, etc. he is not practicing separation and is spiritually eating things dedicated to idols. In other words he is ingesting through his eye gates and ear gates things that are displeasing to God. Holiness means separting ourselves to God from the things God hates. The Apostle Paul very clearly taught holiness and emphasized the holiness of the inner man which is far more important than outward legalism.
Yes, we should be separated from Pagans in all ways...through our food and what we ingest through our eyes,, etc.. and we should also be obedient to God in everything.

This would have been his opportunity to reinforce the command from Jehovah to not eat such food and the instructions of the Jerusalem Council, but he didn't do that. Instead, he said only to avoid it if it might offend a "weaker" Christian.
And I don't see the argument not offending a weaker person vs. disregarding God.

But, overall I agree with you.

Yes, we should be separated from Pagans in all ways...through our food and what we ingest through our eyes,, etc.. and we should also be obedient to God in everything.
Yep.

And what did Abraham have? A relationship with God. That relationship can only be had through accepting the New Covenant. Whenever anyone accepts that covenant he is accepted as God's people as God said. You can have that relationship without converting to Christianity. There are Messianic Jews and Messianic Muslims. It is the relationship, the union with Jesus that is salvation.
There was no "New Covenant" for Abraham. There was only the original covenant.

I know all about Messianic Jews, aka Christian Jews. I advise you to not go down that path with me.

Messianic Muslims? Yes, I know that Muslims believe Jesus will return, and all that. But they are still Muslims. Are you admitting that Muslims know the same God as Christians? No Muslim believes that Jesus is God, nor do they have a "relationship" with him.

God said Abraham 's seed would be a blessing to the world because it is through them that God would bring in the Messiah and salvation for the world.
There is nothing in the Genesis text about the Messiah.

We will have to agree to disagree on the wool/linen issue. Mixing them means blending the fabrics and defeating their intended purposes. You haven't sinned if you have linen on your button holes. You are straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel.
YOU don't have to separate your fabrics because you are not part of the People of Israel. For Jews, this is a commandment. People didn't blend threads back then. Mixing the fabrics means having clothing made out of both.

Nonsense. And why forty years precisely? That is the number for being tested and tried. It was the designated time that God allowed for the gospel to be preached in that area before He shut down the system.
You can do anything you want with numbers. It means nothing. If the destruction of the temple were punishment for killing Jesus, it would have crumbled the day he died.

No I am not referring to the Jew's present day concept of Yom Kippur. The once a year sacrifice in the tabernacle was designed to be a foreshadow of Messiah's future sacrifice which would remove all sin. The Holy of Holies represented heaven and God's presence. Only one High priest was allowed to enter "heaven" so to speak, once a year to make atonement for himself and the people. That sacrifice was designed to foreshadow Messiah's sacrifice, who literally did enter heaven on our behalf. Atonement is salvation for the life of the soul, Leviticus 17:11.
Again, this type and shadow nonsense. Puhleeze. You should know by now that we just shake our heads when you go into this blather. The Torah says NOTHING about Yom Kippur being a foreshadowment of anything.

Nonsense. And why forty years precisely? That is the number for being tested and tried. It was the designated time that God allowed for the gospel to be preached in that area before He shut down the system.
Ridiculous. Noah preached for 120 years.

Why are you making up stuff?

No I am not referring to the Jew's present day concept of Yom Kippur. The once a year sacrifice in the tabernacle was designed to be a foreshadow of Messiah's future sacrifice which would remove all sin. The Holy of Holies represented heaven and God's presence. Only one High priest was allowed to enter "heaven" so to speak, once a year to make atonement for himself and the people. That sacrifice was designed to foreshadow Messiah's sacrifice, who literally did enter heaven on our behalf. Atonement is salvation for the life of the soul, Leviticus 17:11.
Being that God said sacrifices would have to be in the place of His choosing, earth, and in Jerusalem in the temple, you're wrong Biblicon.

Jesus never made it to that altar, nor does the Torah call for human sacrifices.

Rotfl...

Dear Rachel, you are misunderstanding the context. He was not advocating it. In I Cor.10:27-29, he is talking about eating with unbelievers. We know that God showed Peter that food is not to be a barrier in reaching the Gentiles. So in this case when being presented with Gentile food, a believer is not to ask where it came from for conscience sake verse 27. But if he is told specifically that the food was sacrificed to an idol, he is not to eat it.

Being that God said sacrifices would have to be in the place of His choosing, earth, and in Jerusalem in the temple, you're wrong Biblicon.

Jesus never made it to that altar, nor does the Torah call for human sacrifices.

Rotfl...
You have just demonstrated again your complete lack of understanding of how God uses foreshadows and typologies.

Again, this type and shadow nonsense. Puhleeze. You should know by now that we just shake our heads when you go into this blather. The Torah says NOTHING about Yom Kippur being a foreshadowment of anything.
The once a year tabernacle sacrifice was not Yom kippor. Yom Kippur was adapted from it.
I guess you think the prophets are wrong for using similitudes in their writings.

There was no "New Covenant" for Abraham. There was only the original covenant.

I know all about Messianic Jews, aka Christian Jews. I advise you to not go down that path with me.

Messianic Muslims? Yes, I know that Muslims believe Jesus will return, and all that. But they are still Muslims. Are you admitting that Muslims know the same God as Christians? No Muslim believes that Jesus is God, nor do they have a "relationship" with him.
Abraham was operating as Christians operate under the New Covenant. He was being led by the Spirit, as are Christians who have been indwelt by the Holy Spirit.
There are Muslims who have received Jesus. I forget what name they call themselves, but they believe as the Christians do and have received the atonement. In other words, they understand that salvation cannot be obtained by self-effort it is a gift from God through the messiah.

There is nothing in the Genesis text about the Messiah.
It's all abut the messiah. You can't see it because you do not belong to the messiah.
YOU don't have to separate your fabrics because you are not part of the People of Israel. For Jews, this is a commandment. People didn't blend threads back then. Mixing the fabrics means having clothing made out of both.
People didn't blend threads back then because God told them not to. Wool clothes were made of wool and cotton cotton. They embroidered on both types of clothing.

You can do anything you want with numbers. It means nothing. If the destruction of the temple were punishment for killing Jesus, it would have crumbled the day he died.
Nope because God is merciful and He wanted to give His people a chance to accept the Messiah. Jesus prophesied that it would be destroyed because they did not receive Him and His prophecy was accurate.
On the day He died there was an earthquake which rent the thick clothe that separated the Holy of Holies in the temple, signifying that access to heaven was now available to all who believe.

The once a year tabernacle sacrifice was not Yom kippor. Yom Kippur was adapted from it.
I guess you think the prophets are wrong for using similitudes in their writings.
You are mistaken.

Leviticus 23

26 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying: 27 “Also the tenth day of this seventh month shall be the Day of Atonement. It shall be a holy convocation for you; you shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire to the Lord. 28 And you shall do no work on that same day, for it is the Day of Atonement, to make atonement for you before the Lord your God. 29 For any person who is not afflicted in soul on that same day shall be cut off from his people. 30 And any person who does any work on that same day, that person I will destroy from among his people. 31 You shall do no manner of work; it shall be a statute forever throughout your generations in all your dwellings. 32 It shall be to you a sabbath of solemn rest, and you shall [c]afflict your souls; on the ninth day of the month at evening, from evening to evening, you shall [d]celebrate your sabbath.”

Abraham was operating as Christians operate under the New Covenant. He was being led by the Spirit, as are Christians who have been indwelt by the Holy Spirit.
This is no different than when Muslims claim that Abraham was a Muslim.
There are Muslims who have received Jesus. I forget what name they call themselves, but they believe as the Christians do and have received the atonement. In other words, they understand that salvation cannot be obtained by self-effort it is a gift from God through the messiah.
If they "have received Jesus," then they are Christians and not Muslims. Muslims accept that Muhammad was a prophet, aka that the Quran is from God. The Quran teaches that Jesus didn't even die.

It's all abut the messiah. You can't see it because you do not belong to the messiah.
Em, it was your cue to quote the text and point out where in that text the messiah was written. Otherwise you are just making unsupported statements.
People didn't blend threads back then because God told them not to. Wool clothes were made of wool and cotton cotton. They embroidered on both types of clothing.
The Canaanites didn't blend fabrics because God told them not to? Sir, it simply wasn't done and had nothing to do with God.

Em, it was your cue to quote the text and point out where in that text the messiah was written. Otherwise you are just making unsupported statements.
I've don't that many times and it all went over your head. If you are not called, you are not called so you that's why you can't see it.
The Canaanites didn't blend fabrics because God told them not to? Sir, it simply wasn't done and had nothing to do with God.
I am not talking about the Canaanites, I am talking about the Jews. They didn't blend fabrics, weave them together because God told them not to.

This is no different than when Muslims claim that Abraham was a Muslim.
Muslim means "surrendered to God." Abraham was led by the Spirit Muslims are not.
If they "have received Jesus," then they are Christians and not Muslims. Muslims accept that Muhammad was a prophet, aka that the Quran is from God. The Quran teaches that Jesus didn't even die.
They call themselves Muslims because they have not disconnected themselves from the culture. They believe what the Bible says about Jesus but they still call themselves Muslims. One man I know of actually came to Jesus by reading the Koran.

Back