Why Jews will never accept Jesus

The man Abraham is speaking to is not identified as an angel, only the two men that went to Sodom.
They were all men. And Abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby.

The LORD is obviously speaking through His representative to Abraham. You are starting to get it, that's what the Messiah is, God's representative.
But the representative is not YHWH. Thank you. You're catching on.

Don't forget worshiping an image is idolatrous.

Abraham spoke to YHWH and also referred to Him as lord, Adoni. Read the text again.
No, he didn't speak to YHWH. You've shown that already with the verses you've quoted.

The angels spoke for YHWH.

You worship an idol, made in your image.

Study Exodus 34:17 -

Thou shalt make thee no molten (image, vail of flesh) gods.

The Hebrew for molten is image, vail, covering. Your idea of god is just this. A false image with a vail of flesh.

The sacred text uses the word LORD to denote the fact that the angel is speaking for the LORD. But Abraham addresses him as lord smallcase, because he is an angel.

No, he didn't speak to YHWH. You've shown that already with the verses you've quoted.

The angels spoke for YHWH.

You worship an idol, made in your image.

Study Exodus 34:17 -

Thou shalt make thee no molten (image, vail of flesh) gods.

The Hebrew for molten is image, vail, covering. Your idea of god is just this. A false image with a vail of flesh.
God was obviously speaking through His representative or image. God has no form so He uses an image in some cases when He communicates with men. We don't worship the image, we worship the God who is represented by the image. Was Abraham worshiping an idol when he spoke to God through His image? Of course not.

They were all men. And Abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby.

But the representative is not YHWH. Thank you. You're catching on.

Don't forget worshiping an image is idolatrous.
Only two of the men were identified as angels.

The representative is seen as YHWH and treated with the same respect as in the presence of God. That is how Abraham responded.
If Abraham had fallen to His knees and worshiped the One He was talking to, it would not have been idolatry because the image in this case and YHWH were seen as One.
Worshipping an image is idolatry, but worshipping God through His image is not. That's why David as a representative of the Messiah is worshiped with God and it is not idolatry. Have you found that verse yet?

Tribal lineage is from the father, not mother's. Messiah must physically descend from the male physical seed and loins of Abraham and David. Mary has neither.
When a woman marries into a tribe, isn't the tribe of her husband considered hers from that point on?

God was obviously speaking through His representative or image. God has no form so He uses an image in some cases when He communicates with men.
Yes, God speaks through messengers.

We don't worship the image, we worship the God who is represented by the image.
Ok, but the image is not God.

Was Abraham worshiping an idol when he spoke to God through His image? Of course not.
Speaking is not worshipping. Jesus spoke to Satan. Did he worship Satan?

When a woman marries into a tribe, isn't the tribe of her husband considered hers from that point on?
Not to pass on. That's only the father's role.

Numbers 36 clearly shows the daughter's of Zelophehad having to marry within their tribe to ensure their father's inheritance wouldn't be lost by marrying outside the tribe.

If they could have married anyone and kept their father's tribe, this would not have been necessary.

Mary's lineage doesn't help Jesus. Joseph would have to be the real physical father, Numbers 1.

Yes, God speaks through messengers.

Ok, but the image is not God.

Speaking is not worshipping. Jesus spoke to Satan. Did he worship Satan? Was the image of God that Abrqaham was seaking to God?

And I told you to research the difference.

The man, angel, is called lord, not YHWH.

Show me the verse.

So are prophets. What's your point?
The image that Abraham was speaking to was treated as if it was God Himself.
I researched the difference.
I think when I first came on I said I saw that the reference to Adoni in Genesis 18 was an indication that Abraham was addressing God, LORD, and the Messiah represented by the word adoni, Lord. The Messiah is subordinate to God in the person, equal in Spirit because He is indwelt. Same thing with David in Psalm 110:1, the two words are used in the same sentence. So in Genesis 18, the image representing God is the Messiah and is deferred to by Abraham as if He is speaking to God Himself.
How come you didn't know that verse was there?
The prophets were not indwelt. In other words, the spirit that gives life to their bodies was not God's Holy Spirit, just the nashamah like Adam. The Spirit could commuicate through them, but it was not their life source as with Jesus.

Not to pass on. That's only the father's role.

Numbers 36 clearly shows the daughter's of Zelophehad having to marry within their tribe to ensure their father's inheritance wouldn't be lost by marrying outside the tribe.

If they could have married anyone and kept their father's tribe, this would not have been necessary.

Mary's lineage doesn't help Jesus. Joseph would have to be the real physical father, Numbers 1.
The Jew's assumed that Joseph was Jesus' physical father and His tribe would still be Judah fulfilling the prophecy anyway. I gave you the link that tied in Mary's part and the importance of the woman's lineage, didn't you read it?

The image that Abraham was speaking to was treated as if it was God Himself.
But the image is not God. You're forbidden to worship an image, Exodus 34:17.

I researched the difference.
I think when I first came on I said I saw that the reference to Adoni in Genesis 18 was an indication that Abraham was addressing God, LORD, and the Messiah represented by the word adoni, Lord.
We don't worship men.

The Messiah is subordinate to God in the person, equal in Spirit because He is indwelt. Same thing with David in Psalm 110:1, the two words are used in the same sentence.
Anyone subordinate is not God.

So in Genesis 18, the image representing God is the Messiah and is deferred to by Abraham as if He is speaking to God Himself.
That is false. There's no reference to Messiah here, and we don't worship men or images.

How come you didn't know that verse was there?
What verse? You claim a lot and can't support your words.

The prophets were not indwelt. In other words, the spirit that gives life to their bodies was not God's Holy Spirit, just the nashamah like Adam. The Spirit could commuicate through them, but it was not their life source as with Jesus.
Sure they were.

Last edited:
The Jew's assumed that Joseph was Jesus' physical father and His tribe would still be Judah fulfilling the prophecy anyway.
There's no assuming. You're either a physical child or adopted. The prophecies require physical descent. From the male loins and male seed.

I gave you the link that tied in Mary's part and the importance of the woman's lineage, didn't you read it?
It doesn't help you. Mary wasn't a king, queen, that could pass on anything.

God has no physical form, that we are allowed to see, that's why He uses intermediaries, like angels and the Messiah.
He has no physical form, period, Deut 4:9,12,35, and He told us to teach that to our children.

We've been all over this before and you still don't get it. He says He has a face that no man can see and live.
No, He doesn't say that. You contradict yourself. You say He's not physical, then you say He has a face. If you study Exodus 33 and the Hebrew term panai used for face, and presence., you'll see you can't see God, Exodus 33:14,20,23.

That means you can't see a physical face, or back, because He is not physical. The back is a metaphor for grace and forgiveness, Isaiah 38:17, and proven in Exodus 34:6-7, where Moses only sees a vision of God's mercy, etc.

We see in Numbers 6:22-26, that God's face and presence are associated with blessings, protection, peace. Not a physical image.

Also, God's name, YHWH, is on Israel, v27.

He mooned Moses and showed Him his back parts. He's tangble in His own realm, but not in ours. Isaiah saw God on His throne and that was probably His image, the Messiah.
Wrong. You're stuck in a physical, idolatrous paradigm. Pretty disrespectful to refer to God the way you did.

Your idea of god, is what Elijah ridiculed in 1 Kings 18:27 -

About noontime Elijah began mocking them. “You’ll have to shout louder,” he scoffed, “for surely he is a god! Perhaps he is daydreaming, or is relieving himself. Or maybe he is away on a trip, or is asleep and needs to be wakened."

This is your idea of a tangible god.

Last edited:
Back