Why no attention to the horrible translation of the NIV and others yet crickets ?

YeshuaFan

Unless one ultimately finds God's blessing of locating a pastor who understands the Greek and Hebrew, many of the things they will decipher from the likes of the KJV and modern translations will leave them dull, yet dogmatic in many ways.

Jesus warned that there is a broad and wide way (mainstream, herd thinking) that leads to destruction. Only a few will find it. Only a few pastors are intelligent and skilled enough to exegete for their hearers. It all works out as Jesus said it would. To argue over a translation like the KJV, or NIV? Is dumb. Some truth can be had. But way too much was lost in the translation.
Kjvo hold that the Kjv is supreme over even the Hebrew and Greek texts though!

Leatherneck0311

You know there is more than enough in our English bibles ,that were translated from the Majority texts ,to lead one with a humble heart to Jesus?

You think it ends there?
They are dumb and deceived. What can I tell you?

Even Psaki will give reason why Joe is doing a good job and some will believe her.
I have never heard any that hold to the KJV say or imply that the KJV corrects the originals , which I believe was an outright lie started by modern version only folks to besmirch those that stay with the KJV. Most people believe the KJV to be a far superior English translation, and many like myself do not trust nor accept the corrupted minority texts.

GeneZ

I have never heard any that hold to the KJV say or imply that the KJV corrects the originals , which I believe was an outright lie started by modern version only folks to besmirch those that stay with the KJV. Most people believe the KJV to be a far superior English translation, and many like myself do not trust nor accept the corrupted minority texts.
Why is your straw man always the "modern versions?" Modern versions suffer from the same problem.

There are too many moments in translation that would require a teacher to take considerable time to explain a word or phrase's usage to get the student to grasp a feel for how a word was used when the Bible was written. There are passages that many remain oblivious to because translations as written can not convey the exacting meaning and depth....

Translations can often lead to questions that will lead the determined searcher to finding answers by God's grace,

glenlogie

The term "modern version only folks" is the outright lie on display here.

glenlogie

Happy to educate you about the beliefs of some KJVOs

YeshuaFan

many of the Kjvo hold that the Kjv corrects any mistakes in the Hebrew/Greek texts, and that the only valid salvation came from Kjv being used!

Leatherneck0311

Why is your straw man always the "modern versions?" Modern versions suffer from the same problem.

There are too many moments in translation that would require a teacher to take considerable time to explain a word or phrase's usage to get the student to grasp a feel for how a word was used when the Bible was written. There are passages that many remain oblivious to because translations as written can not convey the exacting meaning and depth....

Translations can often lead to questions that will lead the determined searcher to finding answers by God's grace,
If this was the only error in modern translations it would be more than enough reason to throw them out. Scripture says “are saved “as opposed to “being saved”, which of course is RCC doctrine.

Unbound68

Modern translation are not based upon Westcott and Hort. It is very hypocritical of you to point at the sins of some and ignore the sins of others involved with the KJV. Tell me, what sins do you prefer from your translators and king?
BINGO!

Like you, I am a former KJVOist. It wasn't until I read some of the writings of WH for myself -- from their own works -- that I realized just how ridiculous the claims of KJVOs are.

The problem is that they won't read the writings of WH. They blindly trust what Riplinger, Waite, Cloud and others say ABOUT them, and that's enough to speak authoritatively concerning their "heresies."

Unbound68

You know nothing about Westcott and Hort.
Hey kiwi, i started reading the writings of WH for myself as a direct result of the website BrianT created, and you now own. Like Rick's book The Unbound Scriptures, your site played a part in leading me out of KJVOism.

God bless!

Leatherneck0311

BINGO!

Like you, I am a former KJVOist. It wasn't until I read some of the writings of WH for myself -- from their own works -- that I realized just how ridiculous the claims of KJVOs are.

The problem is that they won't read the writings of WH. They blindly trust what Riplinger, Waite, Cloud and others say ABOUT them, and that's enough to speak authoritatively concerning their "heresies."
Obviously you have never read the book by Hort’s son about his dad who he said was a cultist.

glenlogie

If this was the only error in modern translations it would be more than enough reason to throw them out. Scripture says “are saved “as opposed to “being saved”, which of course is RCC doctrine.
So the concepts of justification and sanctification are foreign to you.

Beloved Daughter

Obviously you have never read the book by Hort’s son about his dad who he said was a cultist.
I have read it, and this is an outright lie. Hort's son said no such thing. If one has to make up deliberate falsehoods about things, his vision is deluded. Now go find that book, copy where Hort's son said he was a cultist, and bring it back here. You can find the book for free at http://westcotthort.com/bookshelf.html

Happy hunting.

If you didn't check your statement, for its veracity, then you would be engaging in gossip.

RiJoRi

Scripture says “are saved “as opposed to “being saved”, which of course is RCC doctrine.
Do you have a reference for that? (And is it doctrine or dogma?)

BTW, RCs also teach the Trinity. Do you object to that doctrine as well?

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

Leatherneck0311

Do you have a reference for that? (And is it doctrine or dogma?)

BTW, RCs also teach the Trinity. Do you object to that doctrine as well?

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"
I am not a Roman Catholic nor do I believe their oral traditions are valid. If you are interested do as I did research it.