Why no attention to the horrible translation of the NIV and others yet crickets ?

GeneZ

If this was the only error in modern translations it would be more than enough reason to throw them out. Scripture says “are saved “as opposed to “being saved”, which of course is RCC doctrine.

"Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them."

Ps 119:165​

Apparently... You have not been shown the big picture yet. Can I say this, if its true? Or, are you easily offended by the truth?

You keep swatting at certain gnats and leaving alone the camel that attracts them.

When we were children adults looked like giants to us.

Likewise, when we are yet limited in our knowledge of Scripture we can tend to make somewhat minor details into huge obstacles.

Keep in mind. The huge dinosaur we see on the big movie screen is really only two feet tall........

RiJoRi

You wrote (msg 658):
If this was the only error in modern translations it would be more than enough reason to throw them out. Scripture says “are saved “as opposed to “being saved”, which of course is RCC doctrine.

I responded
Do you have a reference for that? (And is it doctrine or dogma?)

BTW, RCs also teach the Trinity. Do you object to that doctrine as well?

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

Your reply:
:
I am not a Roman Catholic nor do I believe their oral traditions are valid. If you are interested do as I did research it.
... is meaningless. YOU made the claim that “are saved “as opposed to “being saved”, ... is RCC doctrine. And yet you cannot/will not back it up, explaining why it is Roman Catholic doctrine.(Maybe a reference to the RC Catechism? Or a papal declaration?) Sounds like just another hollow KJVO statement, all talk, no substance.

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

GeneZ

Leatherneck? Were you a Marine?

Here is a teacher that many Marines have learned from.

Many in all branches in the military in general also loved learning from him.

https://rbthieme.org/index.html#tabs-3

His materials are all free of charge.

He begins each lesson reading usually from the KJV.

Last edited:

GeneZ

I have never heard any that hold to the KJV say or imply that the KJV corrects the originals , which I believe was an outright lie started by modern version only folks to besmirch those that stay with the KJV. Most people believe the KJV to be a far superior English translation, and many like myself do not trust nor accept the corrupted minority texts.
:rolleyes: huh? "I have never heard any that hold to the KJV say or imply that the KJV corrects the originals .."

Where are you getting that from? How can anyone correct the originals? What did you mean by that statement?

YeshuaFan

:rolleyes: huh? "I have never heard any that hold to the KJV say or imply that the KJV corrects the originals .."

Where are you getting that from? How can anyone correct the originals? What did you mean by that statement?
Some extreme Kjvo indeed have held that the Kjv can and does correct any errors/mistakes in the Hebrew and Greek texts in use today, which is very strange, as per the, also the TR is a perfect Greek text source!

GeneZ

Some extreme Kjvo indeed have held that the Kjv can and does correct any errors/mistakes in the Hebrew and Greek texts in use today, which is very strange, as per the, also the TR is a perfect Greek text source!
So they translated ex cathedra?
Or, dealt with what appeared to be a copiest error?

GeneZ

Could it be with all the new and supposedly better translations that folks just like getting their ears tickled ?

Or, to end the confusion...

Example:

KJV: Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as
silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers." 1 Peter 1:18​

Vain conversation?

Does that mean the vain words you speak with others has been put to an end?
I know a good number of Christians that that would not be the case.

So, how should it be translated today to relate to reality? Translated by someone understanding the idioms used back then?

Modern translation: For you know that it was not with perishable things such
as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed
down to you from your ancestors."

That was just one. The KJV suffers from containing too many misleading anachronisms. It turns well intended believers into silly people in how they wish to be obedient.

Which one is stabilizing for our edification today?

silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers."
Even the NKJV made this correction!

GeneZ

They see the translators having same inspiration to translate into English as Apostles had to write down the NT books

Translators are not in the same Divinely ordained position as the Apostles.

The apostles were specially appointed to be "pens" in God's hand, to write Scripture as it should be read.
Translators would have to be presumptuous to place themselves on the same level.

David1701

Or, to end the confusion...

Example:

silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers." 1 Peter 1:18​

Vain conversation?

Does that mean the vain words you speak with others has been put to an end?
I know a good number of Christians that that would not be the case.

So, how should it be translated today to relate to reality? Translated by someone understanding the idioms used back then?

That was just one. The KJV suffers from containing too many misleading anachronisms. It turns well intended believers into silly people in how they wish to be obedient.

Which one is stabilizing for our edification today?

silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers."
Even the NKJV made this correction!
The expression "vain conversation", when the KJV was translated, meant "futile conduct"; in other words, the translation was correct, but language has changed. This is one reason why I would not recommend using the KJV, unless the person knows about the changed meanings and obsolete words/expressions.

GeneZ

The expression "vain conversation", when the KJV was translated, meant "futile conduct"; in other words, the translation was correct, but language has changed. This is one reason why I would not recommend using the KJV, unless the person knows about the changed meanings and obsolete words/expressions.
Irony.. If a person is already so educated, he should not be depending upon the KJV to begin with.

Last edited:

Conan

Irony.. If a person is already so educated, he should not be depending upon the KJV to begin with.
With all do respect, the problem is Onlyism, not the KJV it's self. It has a very good New Testament based on the earlier English Translations, beginning with William Tyndale, the Father of the English Bible.

GeneZ

With all do respect, the problem is Onlyism, not the KJV it's self. It has a very good New Testament based on the earlier English Translations, beginning with William Tyndale, the Father of the English Bible.
If your GPS spoke in King James English? You would not get to your destination...

Beloved Daughter

Here is the source of this nonsense.

It's the brain child of Peter Ruckman.

Here are some quotes.

“coincidences” which have slipped through the AV 1611 committees, unawares to them, and which give advanced light and advanced revelation… (Manuscript Evidence. 1997, p. 140)

Moral: Mistakes in the AV 1611 are advanced revelation! (Manuscript Evidence. 1997, p. 139)

Advanced revelation given by the Holy Spirit in the English text of 1611… (Ruckman, Peter. The Book of Exodus. 1976, p. 186)

“There is no more revelation, no new light since 1611.” That’s the truth. (Ruckman, Peter. Bible Believers’ Bulletin. July 1997, p. 8)

The revelation was given in 1611. It was in advance of all qualified scholars in 1900, 1910… (Bible Believers’ Bulletin Oct. 2008, p. 13)