Why slaughter the lamb?

J regia

Yes, but why should I present it when the question was why can't we sacrifice ourselves for our own salvation?

Why not just address the topic?
IOW you don't have any actual evidence to support your claim of "His resurrection, His victory over death and sin, His fulfilment of prophecy, His atonement for sinners, etc."

Nor can you show us where the bible says that Jesus wanted to be executed by the Romans for atonement of sinners.

Last edited:

Mike McK

IOW you don't have any actual evidence to support your claim of "His resurrection, His victory over death and sin, His fulfilment of prophecy, His atonement for sinners, etc."
No, in other words, it would be derailing a thread, a rude practice I do not believe in doing.

There's nothing stopping you from starting another thread about it, though.

Why not start a new thread and ask me about it there, so that you don't hijack the OP?
Nor can you show us where the bible says that Jesus wanted to be executed by the Romans for atonement of sinners.
No, I can't, because He never said that. In fact, when the Roman soldiers came to arrest Him, He was pretty emphatic that He did not want to be executed.

That you're demanding I defend something we don't believe and certainly something I've never said, shows you're insincere.