Why the Anomaly?

I am not confusing ANYTHING. I know the false teachings of Mormonism as well as the truth of Romans 5.

Romans Chapter 5 is about eternal life. You refuse to believe or are incapable of believing it. Without the Spirit of Christ men can't understand spiritual things; they are still carnal. I explained Romans 5 to you. You dismissed it because you want to isolate verse 18 from the rest of the chapter. You want to believe that verse 5:18 is only pointing to resurrection because Mormons have convinced you that eternal life is NOT a gift of God; Mormonism claims it has to be earned by obedience to the laws and ordinances of Mormonism. I've spent hours explaining the truth and showing you what your leaders have said. You still choose Mormonism over God's word: the BIBLE.

I'm glad lurkers can come here and see the difference.

Romans 4:2, 4–5. Justification Is a Gift of Grace

The Joseph Smith Translation of Romans 4:2–5 helps clarify that justification is not something we earn but rather is a gift from God:

“For if Abraham were justified by the law of works, he hath to glory in himself; but not of God.

“For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

“Now to him who is justified by the law of works, is the reward reckoned, not of grace, but of debt.

“But to him that seeketh not to be justified by the law of works, but believeth on him who justifieth not the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness” (in the Bible appendix).

Paul was teaching that if a man were justified by the works of the law, then he would have reason to glory, for then the reward he received from the Father would be compensation for services rendered and not a gift of grace. But, of course, no man can earn salvation on his own. Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles declared that the blessings of the Atonement, including inheriting eternal life, are manifestations of grace:

“Neither the unconditional nor the conditional blessings of the Atonement are available except through the grace of Christ. Obviously the unconditional blessings of the Atonement are unearned, but the conditional ones are not fully merited either. By living faithfully and keeping the commandments of God, one can receive additional privileges; but they are still given freely, not technically earned. The Book of Mormon declares emphatically that ‘there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah’ [2 Nephi 2:8]” (“The Atonement of Jesus Christ,” Ensign or Liahona, Mar. 2008, 36).

Please do explain, since you seem to know what we teach...
Actually it's hard to tell just exactly what you're teach R7....always responding with riddle like replies....one moment saying it's not works then another saying it is works...

Then the avoidance of the must be baptized by a mormon issue....

The pre-incarnate Jesus was born, that is came into existence after the father and celestrial mom got together somehow....then the telling of all of us he always existed...as the figment of Gods imagination.

Seems like you're hiding a lot of nonsense.

To be honest I don't think YOU know what the mormons teach.

Actually it's hard to tell just exactly what you're teach R7....always responding with riddle like replies....one moment saying it's not works then another saying it is works...

The pre-incarnate Jesus was born, that is came into existence after the father and celestrial mom got together somehow....then the telling of all of us he always existed...as the figment of Gods imagination.

Yep I do know and am continuing to learn even more.... would love to teach you if you're ever in the mind to listen...

I am not confusing ANYTHING.
Yes. U r. Your theology adds to God's free gift. So it's not free. In ours, it is and has always been. Even you get the free gift and u didn't have to do a thing for it. It was all done for u.

So, tell us who doesn't get this free gift you all claim is free.

MORMONISM: Everyone always existed. They were called "intelligences." The "heavenly parents" made them into spirit children that looked like humans, but they didn't have flesh and bones. Satan and his followers are never going to have flesh and bones. If mortals are obedient enough to become gods, they are said to be "from everlasting to everlasting." (A verse in Doctrine and Covenants 132.)

Only those who are worthy priesthood holders have the Mormon god's authority to baptize. That is the only priesthood that their god approves of.

I believe you are confusing God's grace unto eternal life, as a personal reception--with His Atonement. The LDS believe His Atonement was and is a free gift to all men--no obedience nor faith required. Christ alone. Jesus absolved all men of the condemnation brought to all men due to the Fall--in His Atonement. All men are now "justified of life", as a free gift--IOW--all men now have the opportunity to inherit eternal life--because they are now freed from the condemnation of the Fall--which befell all men.

Free gift to all men. Christ alone. Not your faith plus Jesus' Blood. It had to be a perfect sacrifice, and if one added their faith to it--it would then be an imperfect sacrifice.

Could you explain for us why the critics here believe one must do something for that free gift?

Romans 5:18---King James Version
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

So--where do that leave your accusation of the LDS believing all blessings required obedience of them?
LDS speak sentences that contradict your own scriptures. So you don't care that D&C 130 says all blessings are the reward for obedience to those laws. Sometimes you teach one thing, sometimes another.

LDS speak sentences that contradict your own scriptures. So you don't care that D&C 130 says all blessings are the reward for obedience to those laws. Sometimes you teach one thing, sometimes another.
That's pretty much what I see here on these forums. The mormons seem to teach one thing than another.
Why do you think they do that?

“God’s choicest blessings are clearly contingent upon obedience to God’s laws and commandments. The key teaching is from modern revelation [D&C 130:20–21]. …

“… This great principle helps us understand the why of many things.”

Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, “Love and Law,” Ensign, Nov. 2009, 27.

That's pretty much what I see here on these forums. The mormons seem to teach one thing than another.
Why do you think they do that?
Like any one that begins to study the scriptures and doctrines of a religion, there is progression of light and knowledge. Even Christ had to learn line upon line.. as he grew he became strong (possessing skills and qualities) in spirit...

Luke 2:40–52​

40 And the Child grew and became strong 2in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon Him.

Last edited:
Like any one that begins to study the scriptures and doctrines of a religion, there is progression of light and knowledge. Even Christ had to learn line upon line.. as he grew he became strong (possessing skills and qualities) in spirit...

Luke 2:40–52​

40 And the Child grew and became strong 2in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon Him.
The Bible also warns of false prophets and gospels....what you've been posting falls into that category.

The mormons inform us....there is no salvation unless you're a mormon.

The Bible also warns of false prophets and gospels....what you've been posting falls into that category.

The mormons inform us....there is no salvation unless you're a mormon.
Yes I agree there are false prophets and doctrine... what you believe actually falls into that grouping...

me....The mormons inform us....there is no salvation unless you're a mormon.
Yes I agree there are false prophets and doctrine... what you believe actually falls into that grouping...

You consider any doctrine that goes against LDS doctrine...is false...demonstrating my statement above..."The mormons inform us....there is no salvation unless you're a mormon."

“God’s choicest blessings are clearly contingent upon obedience to God’s laws and commandments. The key teaching is from modern revelation [D&C 130:20–21]. …

“… This great principle helps us understand the why of many things.”

Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, “Love and Law,” Ensign, Nov. 2009, 27.
“Not everything that’s true is useful.” ~ Dallin Oaks, Reading Church History

“My duty as a member of the Council of the Twelve is to protect what is most unique about the LDS church, namely the authority of priesthood, testimony regarding the restoration of the gospel, and the divine mission of the Savior. Everything may be sacrificed in order to maintain the integrity of those essential facts. Thus, if Mormon Enigma reveals information that is detrimental to the reputation of Joseph Smith, then it is necessary to try to limit its influence and that of its authors.”
Dallin H. Oaks, Apostle Dallin Oaks, footnote 28, Inside the Mind of Joseph Smith: Psychobiography and the Book of Mormon, Introduction p. xliii

According to one of your prophets, the truth may be sacrificed if it doesn’t help protect Joseph Smith and mormonism.

If someone is telling the truth about mormonism, you are justified in slandering them and lying about it to try to protect its reputation and limit the influence of the truth being told.

Back