Why the Anomaly?

"The keys" of heaven are abilities to open and explain the Gospel truths.

D&C 110
1 The veil was taken from our minds, and the eyes of our understanding were opened.
2 We saw the Lord standing upon the breastwork of the pulpit, before us; and under his feet was a paved work of pure gold, in color like amber.
3 His eyes were as a flame of fire; the hair of his head was white like the pure snow; his countenance shone above the brightness of the sun; and his voice was as the sound of the rushing of great waters, even the voice of Jehovah, saying:
4 I am the first and the last; I am he who liveth, I am he who was slain; I am your advocate with the Father.
5 Behold, your sins are forgiven you; you are clean before me; therefore, lift up your heads and rejoice.
6 Let the hearts of your brethren rejoice, and let the hearts of all my people rejoice, who have, with their might, built this house to my name.
7 For behold, I have accepted this house, and my name shall be here; and I will manifest myself to my people in mercy in this house.
8 Yea, I will appear unto my servants, and speak unto them with mine own voice, if my people will keep my commandments, and do not pollute this holy house.
9 Yea the hearts of thousands and tens of thousands shall greatly rejoice in consequence of the blessings which shall be poured out, and the endowment with which my servants have been endowed in this house.
10 And the fame of this house shall spread to foreign lands; and this is the beginning of the blessing which shall be poured out upon the heads of my people. Even so. Amen.
11 After this vision closed, the heavens were again opened unto us; and Moses appeared before us, and committed unto us the keys of the gathering of Israel from the four parts of the earth, and the leading of the ten tribes from the land of the north.
12 After this, Elias appeared, and committed the dispensation of the gospel of Abraham, saying that in us and our seed all generations after us should be blessed.
13 After this vision had closed, another great and glorious vision burst upon us; for Elijah the prophet, who was taken to heaven without tasting death, stood before us, and said:
14 Behold, the time has fully come, which was spoken of by the mouth of Malachi testifying that he [Elijah] should be sent, before the great and dreadful day of the Lord come
15 To turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the children to the fathers, lest the whole earth be smitten with a curse
16 Therefore, the keys of this dispensation are committed into your hands; and by this ye may know that the great and dreadful day of the Lord is near, even at the doors.

So--why doesn't the other denominations have the heavenly manifestations?

In the verse Jesus is speaking directly to the apostle Peter and indirectly to the other apostles...The expressions “bind” and “loose” were common to Jewish legal phraseology meaning to declare something forbidden or to declare it allowed.

"The keys" of heaven are abilities to open and explain the Gospel truths.

The mormon church does not have the keys to the kingdom of heaven as they present a false works based gospel.
Great, how can I verify what you just posted... where is the source you are pulling this from?... thx.

yes he is the cornerstone and who are the foundation? Our Savior is the cornerstone of the household of God, His apostles and prophets make up the rest of the foundation.... where in you religion did you go wrong? you can't admit that the Church died when the foundation were all murdered...
Christ is the cornerstone and the true apostles the foundation. But Paul said the foundation is laid. The true church is built upon that foundation. One does not keep relaying a foundation. It is laid once.

1 Cor. 3:11--"For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ."

Last edited:
No, it really doesn’t. It’s full of false prophecies and false doctrines.

Again--"taint so!" retorts are neither convincing nor compelling.

Your church can't claim the first living, mortal apostle or prophet, nor any heavenly revelation given to your church, with witnesses and heavenly beings.

But the NT church--and the LDS church--can. They are both full of those compliments--as always is--when God acts among His church.

Where do we find anything different than that--in the Biblical text?

One who stands on the sidelines shouting "taint so!"--is operating from a compromised position.

How does my claim above-- differ from the enemies of the NT church, and Christ--who sought to wipe His church out, along with the living apostles and prophets also?

Mag--could you address that point?

Christ is the cornerstone and the true apostles the foundation.

Bonnie--the only "true apostles" your church can claim is the ones who died centuries ago.

The NT church didn't operate that way. They also had the living, mortal apostles and prophets which formed their foundation. The LDS church also.

The NT church had both the living, mortal apostles--and those who had passed. So do the LDS.

You have the past.

The living church of Jesus Christ has the past, present, and the future--in it's foundation of the living, mortal apostles and prophets--Jesus Christ being the Chief Corner Stone.

But Paul said the foundation is laid. The true church is built upon that foundation. One does not keep relaying a foundation. It is laid once.

1 Cor. 3:11--"For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ."

Bonnie--the NT church didn't "re-lay" the foundation when they added new apostles past the original twelve--that is called a continuation:

Acts 14:14---King James Version
14 Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out,

Is that an example of your "relaying" charge? There is a difference of "relaying" and a continuation of a foundation. One could claim a restoration of the same foundation, IE--prophets and apostles--but not a new foundation--it remains the same--the living, mortal apostles and prophets--and those which have passed.

The instance where that changed--is when the denominations of the day claim there are no more living, mortal apostles and prophets. Then--the foundation changes. It is restructured into a foundation of past apostles and prophets--which neither the NT church---nor the LDS church--is limited to. They both have the living, mortal apostles and prophets also, in their day--and those which had passed.

When did God change?

Again--"taint so!" retorts are neither convincing nor compelling.

Your church can't claim the first living, mortal apostle or prophet, nor any heavenly revelation given to your church, with witnesses and heavenly beings.

But the NT church--and the LDS church--can. They are both full of those compliments--as always is--when God acts among His church.

Where do we find anything different than that--in the Biblical text?

One who stands on the sidelines shouting "taint so!"--is operating from a compromised position.

How does my claim above-- differ from the enemies of the NT church, and Christ--who sought to wipe His church out, along with the living apostles and prophets also?

Mag--could you address that point?
You can call as many people prophets and apostles as you want to. But if their prophecies don’t come to pass, they’re false prophets. Joseph Smith’s didn’t.

And if you profess a different gospel than the one Christ gave us, that makes you a false prophet. Joseph Smith did that. A lot of that is recorded in the D&C. It’s no more scripture from God than Lord of the Rings is.

You can call as many people prophets and apostles as you want to. But if their prophecies don’t come to pass, they’re false prophets. Joseph Smith’s didn’t.

And if you profess a different gospel than the one Christ gave us, that makes you a false prophet. Joseph Smith did that. A lot of that is recorded in the D&C. It’s no more scripture from God than Lord of the Rings is.

That's just another "taint so!" claim. This isn't:

-your church does not possess any living, mortal apostles and prophets--period. The NT and the LDS church does. Your church does not profess the first heavenly revelation, with heavenly beings--with witnesses--the NT and the LDS church does. You have no connection to the keys of the kingdom--the NT and the LDS church does.

Anyone can pick apart a scriptural claim--and draw all kinds of conclusions.

For instance--

Matthew 22:44-46---King James Version
44 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

Well--that's not true, as it's written. Christ was asked many questions following that by men.

That doesn't mean Matthew isn't scripture.

Christ is the cornerstone and the true apostles the foundation
Based on that logic your foundation is sitting on dead apostles. And you can't possibly be the Church of Jesus Christ because according to Paul and the church there are first apostles and second prophets and so on. Neither of which you have.

I think it's silly that anyone thinks that I foundation once laid does not have to be continually refreshed. There is not a building that has lasted without their foundation being renewed. Leaving the foundation and it's original form is asking for trouble. And that's what we see in those churches which do not have apostles and Prophets today; Massive confusion and massive problems.

Back