Why will I be going to hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dant01

No one goes to hell!

That sort of reminds me of the awestruck shock and disbelief expressed by Mr
Joseph Ismay in the movie Titanic when informed that the ship was going down.

Mr. Ismay: This ship can't sink!

Mr. Andrews: She's made of iron, sir! I assure you, she can . . and she will. It is a
mathematical certainty.

Apparently Mr. Ismay hadn't been told all the facts about Titanic; like the tops of
the bulkheads weren't watertight and the pumps were inadequate.

This is an ongoing problem with anti-hell folks. They sincerely believe they've been
given all the facts there is to know about the afterlife; while in reality, they're
missing a few and disbelieving the rest.
_

Mik

For those who don't know, I'm an Orthodox Jew (you can check it out on my profile). Many a member here has informed me over the last two years that I will be going to hell. It has occurred to me that as Christians do not agree on many matters (as they say, "two Christians, thirty-thousand opinions"), perhaps they also do not agree on why exactly I will be going to hell.

So please, lay it on me: Do Christians who believe this agree on the exact reasoning? And if not, what arguments does one denomination have over the views of other denominations?

Have a good weekend, by the way.
This is what I believe. I think this sheds a lot of light on this topic.
Romans 11

SeventhDay

Problem ---
(Rev 20:13 [KJV])
And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

(Rev 20:14 [KJV])
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Yes. :)

God bless you,

SeventhDay

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Re 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
For those who don't know, I'm an Orthodox Jew (you can check it out on my profile). Many a member here has informed me over the last two years that I will be going to hell. It has occurred to me that as Christians do not agree on many matters (as they say, "two Christians, thirty-thousand opinions"), perhaps they also do not agree on why exactly I will be going to hell.

So please, lay it on me: Do Christians who believe this agree on the exact reasoning? And if not, what arguments does one denomination have over the views of other denominations?
AV Ac 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
AV Ac 2:31-32 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Jesus as a Jew, went to hell. So will most all humans, regardless of personal beliefs.

AV Lk 1:79 To give light to them that sit in darkness and [in] the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

The part that is of most interest, is getting out of hell/"the shadow of death" and staying out of "the second death".

Yours in Christ, Michael

Yahchristian

Why will I be going to hell?

Because your answer to the following question...

Until then, how do you make atonement for sins?

Was...

Three simple steps: Confession to God, regret over sinning and a vow not to sin again.

You would go to hell if either...

1) You don’t confess EVERYTHING to God.
2) You don’t regret ALL your sins.
3) You STILL sin.

...And you don’t have Jesus to atone for your shortcomings.

P.S.

Just to clarify your view of atonement...

1) Does one simply have to VOW not to sin?

2) Or do they actually have to NOT SIN?

Sort of like New Year’s resolutions...

Does it count if you make the resolution but DO NOT do it.

Or does it only count if you FOLLOW THROUGH with your resolution.

Last edited:

e v e 21

Hell was what started when Adam and eve fell...and this earth is part of that.

Unfortunately, many don't know what reality and life would really be, they reject christ,
and decorate their jail cells instead, ..thinking that the jail cell is 'life' and living in the carnal self.

Base12

...perhaps they also do not agree on why exactly I will be going to hell.

I can guarantee you that most folks on this forum would not agree with Reincarnation, which is what you decided on before you were born.

Hell is merely one of the steps necessary in the overall process...

Your destiny is set in stone...

Psalms 139:15
"My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth."

Hell, the 'Lowest Parts of the Earth', is where you came from, and Hell is where you will return. Again, you chose it.

e v e 21

hell is where eden was (sheol), which was captured...
and plundered by the satanic realm.

the land abraham was told of...is eden, which will be restored.

this earth is not God's.

there is no mission to accomplish on earth except to accept Christ and to LEAVE here and Go Home.

SteveB

For the same exact reason that each and every single one of US are going to go to hell.

We've all sinned, and violated YHVH's Law.

You're not the only one headed there.
Before I came to Jesus, I was headed there too.
And I was headed there because I violated all of his commandments.

So, the question now becomes....

Do you understand why violating his law results in our spending our eternity separated from him?

It's all contained in the bible.

SeventhDay

For the same exact reason that each and every single one of US are going to go to hell.

We've all sinned, and violated YHVH's Law.

You're not the only one headed there.
Before I came to Jesus, I was headed there too.
And I was headed there because I violated all of his commandments.

So, the question now becomes....

Do you understand why violating his law results in our spending our eternity separated from him?

It's all contained in the bible.
No one is going to hell because hell is already with them because of sin. Hell means grave or the unseen or imperceptible. It is a mental conition of separation from God ruled by the carnal mind.Hades and Thanatos (death) will be tossed into the lake of fire (Gehenna) as part of the white throne judgment. The others have already been sanctified and purified through God's spiritual fire.

God bless you,

SeventhDay

SeventhDay

Prologue:
AV Re 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

AV Ac 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
AV Ac 2:31-32 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Jesus as a Jew, went to hell. So will most all humans, regardless of personal beliefs.

AV Lk 1:79 To give light to them that sit in darkness and [in] the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

The part that is of most interest, is getting out of hell/"the shadow of death" and staying out of "the second death".

Yours in Christ, Michael
One does not go to hell but it rather comes to those who give into the carnal mind and they become imprisoned rejecting light and loving darkness. It is the new spiritual creation that loves spiritual light and lets go of the impressions of the old man dead in trespasses and sins locked in his prison hell. The old man is dead with Christ in his death and God is at work in the new spiritual creation who he has called to himself. An old man can not put on spiritual robes but a new spiritual man can. Thus.let the dead bury the dead and the new spiritual man walk in Christ.

God bless you,

SeventhDay

SteveB

No one is going to hell because hell is already with them because of sin. Hell means grave or the unseen or imperceptible. It is a mental conition of separation from God ruled by the carnal mind.Hades and Thanatos (death) will be tossed into the lake of fire (Gehenna) as part of the white throne judgment. The others have already been sanctified and purified through God's spiritual fire.

God bless you,

SeventhDay
You are indeed entitled to your own opinions about it.

The description given by Jesus in Luke 16 makes it appear to be a far more gruesome and vile place than you have described.

Thankfully, YHVH says that we matter enough to him that he was ready, willing and able to give his own son to take our place in judgment due sin.

As we read in Romans 4,

He was delivered for our offenses and raised for our justification.

Status
Not open for further replies.