Will the ouster of super conservative Liz Cheney mark the Republican Party as the party of lies?

LifeIn

If the vote by the Republican conference goes as expected today, super conservative Liz Cheney (who voted with Trump on policies more than 95% of the time) will be replaced by not-so-conservative Elise Stefanik in party leadership. The main difference between the two is that Liz Cheney rejects Trump's lies about the election and voted to impeach him over his role in the Jan. 6th insurrection, while Stefanik, despite not voting with for Trump policies nearly as much as Cheney, has now fully embraced Trump's lies about the election. This seems to show that the Republican Party no longer cares about conservatism. Instead it is all about the cult of personality of D J Trump. It is sad to see that once great party of Lincoln abandon their core values for so transient and small-minded a purpose.

vibise

If the vote by the Republican conference goes as expected today, super conservative Liz Cheney (who voted with Trump on policies more than 95% of the time) will be replaced by not-so-conservative Elise Stefanik in party leadership. The main difference between the two is that Liz Cheney rejects Trump's lies about the election and voted to impeach him over his role in the Jan. 6th insurrection, while Stefanik, despite not voting with for Trump policies nearly as much as Cheney, has now fully embraced Trump's lies about the election. This seems to show that the Republican Party no longer cares about conservatism. Instead it is all about the cult of personality of D J Trump. It is sad to see that once great party of Lincoln abandon their core values for so transient and small-minded a purpose.
Yes, and on some level Stefanik seems uncomfortable with this turn of events. She has already said that if elected to that leadership post, she will only stay there until the next election.

I am no fan of Cheney. I remember her before her election. She was a commentator on various news shows, and always took the hard right line, but on this issue she is correct.

Authentic Nouveau

The Republican Party marked itself as the party of lies in 2016, so that ship's already sailed.
Fakes News regurgitated^^^
That is why your sources earn all the fake News awards.

Your Marxist kult leader brings us long gasoline lines.
What does the imbecile say about bombs by your Muslim Bros in Israel? Nothing.

Mike McK

That she was so corrupt as to vote to impeach a duly elected president for no reason is enough for me to want to see her removed.

Magdalena

That she was so corrupt as to vote to impeach a duly elected president for no reason is enough for me to want to see her removed.
I agree with that. I think it’s treason. The Rhinos and Democrats who were in on that nd the election fraud should all be in prison.

Last edited:

Gus Bovona

Uh, impeaching a duly-elected president is in the constitution. That in and of itself should never be problem. At least in America.

Faithoverbelief

The party lost themselves a while ago. They look at Ronald Reagan policies as leftist.

Faithoverbelief

It's over she has been cancel cultured.

Whateverman

I wonder what they will say if the re-count in Arizona shows fraud.
They will say that the two previous audits found no problems, and that there needs be a good reason to reject both of them them in favor of the results of a third obviously-partisan / amateur recount.

Across the country, claims of massive voter fraud have not been found to be credible.

You can't ignore the rulings of the US courts and simultaneously claim you value law and order.

Faithoverbelief

Great quote from Liz Cheney last night.

"I am a conservative Republican, and the most conservative of conservative principles is reverence for the rule of law," she said. "The election is over. That is the rule of law. That is our constitutional process. Those who refuse to accept the rulings of our courts are at war with the Constitution."