Will "unified" Catholics be backing Mother Miriam?

No, but do notice that they were forgiven, during Jesus' ministry because He was standing right there in front of them.

Jesus forgave people, when they believed Him long before He died on the cross
So He could look forward to His Passion and Death and apply those merits in advance.
Great news! This is exactly what is said about Mary. Its even said about the good angels that preserved them in grace at the time of the fall of the angels.

Matthew 12:47
While Jesus was still speaking to the crowds, His mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to Him. 47 Someone told Him, “Look, Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to You.” 48But Jesus replied, “Who is My mother, and who are My brothers?”

You say mary believed. Why did she and Jesus' family try to stop Him from speaking to the crowd that had gathered? And why didn't Jesus point her out to the crowd? Did He obey her wish to stop speaking to the crowd?

Matthew 12:47
While Jesus was still speaking to the crowds, His mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to Him. 47 Someone told Him, “Look, Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to You.” 48But Jesus replied, “Who is My mother, and who are My brothers?”

You say mary believed. Why did she and Jesus' family try to stop Him from speaking to the crowd that had gathered? And why didn't Jesus point her out to the crowd? Did He obey her wish to stop speaking to the crowd?
She didn't do that. She just wanted to speak to her Son. Is that wrong?

Paul believed.

1Cor 11:
23 For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, “This is my body, which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me.” 25 In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.

27 Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty concerning the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Let a person examine himself, then, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup. 29 For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment on himself. 30 That is why many of you are weak and ill, and some have died.

How can a mere symbol have the effect above?
How can a mere symbol have the effect above?
A few ways. You should have started a few verses earlier.

1 Cor 11
20 When you come together, it is not the Lord's supper that you eat. 21 For in eating, each one goes ahead with his own meal. One goes hungry, another gets drunk. 22 What! Do you not have houses to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God and humiliate those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I commend you in this? No, I will not.

The Lords Table is a commemoration or remembrance and it has meaning. Its not a normal meal, it has significance. To treat it in a way where people act as they did in Corinth is to mock God who gave specific instructions as to how to conduct this service.

Also, and i've said this numerous times, the passover meal was just a meal too right? Lamb, bitter herbs and the rest. But a person could be ceremonially unclean and prevented from partaking. So, as you said loosely above, whats the big deal? Its just a memorial, its dinner. Who cares if someone is unclean? God does! Because He instituted it and said heres how youre going to do it. He never asked anyone what their opinions where on the passover or the Lords Table. My point stands. No one thought they were eating God.

Thats how.

Back