Will "unified" Catholics be backing Mother Miriam?

:oops:
So now Mary was "acting to fulfill satans agenda." wow
You're the one off the rocker, Bob.
Mark 3:20-21
Then Jesus went home, and once again a crowd gathered, so that He and His disciples could not even eat. 21When His family heard about this, they went out to take custody of Him, saying, “He is out of His mind.”

Last edited:
The only explanation that the RCC can come up with is that the gospel writer goofed. In other words, it was an intentional deviation from the laws of language at all. It was a mistake. A scribal error.

There is no error when the writer does it intentionally to spotlight that they're employing the figure Metaphor to emphasize the reality of Christ's self-sacrificial life within the new creation.
No, there is no goof. Jesus spoke literally.

"This is my body." That is literal. The genders of this (neuter) and body (neuter) match.

The Holy Spirit did not make a mistake.

Is that what you think? Verse 50 says,

Matthew 12:50
"For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

In Luke 11:27-28
As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd raised her voice and said, “Blessed is the womb that bore You, and blessed are the breasts that nursed You!” 28 But He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”

Jesus is saying, that it is far greater to hear the gospel message, and embrace who He is, and believe on Him, and in Him, and have a heart that that is conformed to Him and fully relies on Him by FAITH. Jesus was pointing out that this is is far greater than to be related to Him in the flesh.

Both zacchaeus and the tax collector in Jesus' parable believed who Jesus was, and relied on His mercy and grace. They understood that they were sinners, and in need of God's UNMERITED grace. You were too anxious to point me into the direction of Mary and make the conversion all about her instead of about Jesus.
You were too anxious to point me into the direction of Mary and make the conversion all about her instead of about Jesus.
that's the catholic way.

Mark 3:20-21
Then Jesus went home, and once again a crowd gathered, so that He and His disciples could not even eat. 21When His family heard about this, they went out to take custody of Him, saying, “He is out of His mind.”
21 And when his friends heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself. KJV

21 And when his friends heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself. KJV
some versions say family, some say friends... the point being made whether they were His family, friends, or townspeople in which He lived; is that when they saw the crowd that had gathered, so that Jesus and His disciples were unable to even eat a meal. They deemed His zeal, as too enthusiastic which made Him no longer master of Himself. That is the point. They thought it was too much, and decided He needed rescuing.

So Jesus brings salvation to Zacchaeus' house in 5 minutes but not to His own house where He lived 30 years?

:rolleyes:

You must think that He only ever spoke to His mother when He was 12, at the wedding feast and on the Cross because that is all that is recorded in Scripture. And 2 of those times were "rebukes", they say.

The Protestant version of Jesus sounds like a surly teenager.
I've got a verse for Zacchaeus. Wheres yours for mary. Empy handed as always i see.

Mary (the real one) apparently, according to the Biblical record, didn't have a clue what Jesus was really all about until after His death. However there's biblical evidence that she did become a Christian.
Ridiculous, Bob.
Are you another one who thinks that Mary would forget that an angel appeared to her and told her Who would be her Son? And kings from afar would come to see the newborn King whose birth was revealed to them in the stars and prophecy? And her visit to her cousin who called her "mother of my Lord?"

Do you really think He never spoke to her about anything related to why He was there?

Ridiculous, Bob.
Are you another one who thinks that Mary would forget that an angel appeared to her and told her Who would be her Son? And kings from afar would come to see the newborn King whose birth was revealed to them in the stars and prophecy? And her visit to her cousin who called her "mother of my Lord?"

Do you really think He never spoke to her about anything related to why He was there?
And yet She (the real Mary, not the Catholic one) and her family thought He'd gone NUTS, and they should go pull Him out of the public view. What's your "Catholic Work Around" for that??

pilgrim said:
Ridiculous, Bob.
where does scripture say that she knew the reality of those things?

if she did then why was she so concerned when he went 'missing' as a young boy?

there isn't a catholic on here who knows the reality of those things in their heart.

Mary didn't have to repent as Zacchaeus did. So she has no conversion story.
Go back through our conversation about zacchaeus, and show the quote where I said anything about her not having a conversion story. Your the one who brought up mary when I was talking about zacchaeus' encounter with Jesus. You make such a fuss over mary, and whether her name was capitalized or not, and then wonder why everyone thinks Rc's worship her.

This is why the Church is a teaching Church. See how Scripture is misused. You Protestants have no problem with Jesus saying to Zacchaeus that salvation had come to his house before He died on the Cross. But the thought That Jesus might do the same for His own mother, whom Our Lord was obligated by law - His own- to honor her, you can't seem to fathom. Every time you make Mary look bad, you forget that it reflects poorly, one way or another, on her Son.
The Roman Catholic Church is a teaching church all right - it is the ONLY one that teaches Roman Catholicism aka the 'teachings of men.'
Yes, anyone can plainly "see how Scripture is misused" by the Roman Catholic Church which shamefully teaches it's own man-made version of the Sacred Scriptures with it's own set of principles, and its own gospel much of which points to and centers around Roman Catholic Mary.

Go back through our conversation about zacchaeus, and show the quote where I said anything about her not having a conversion story. Your the one who brought up mary when I was talking about zacchaeus' encounter with Jesus. You make such a fuss over mary, and whether her name was capitalized or not, and then wonder why everyone thinks Rc's worship her.
It isn't worshipping her to give her a capital M. I note that you capitalise the name Satan. If Satan isn't worth demoralising with a small s but Mary is, it gives me at least pause to wonder about the spirits at work here.

Evidence provided here, here and here.

It isn't worshipping her to give her a capital M. I note that you capitalise the name Satan. If Satan isn't worth demoralising with a small s but Mary is, it gives me at least pause to wonder about the spirits at work here.

Evidence provided here, here and here.
It isn't worshipping her to give her a capital M.

Then why do you get so worked up about whether mary has a big m or a little one? You still have a fellow catholic you refuse to call out that won't give Jesus or God or the Holy Spirit the honor due them. But if we fail to capitalize mary then you get triggered. Wheres your priority?

And btw, my pc will try to automatically capitalize satan, and i go back and give it a little s. Hows that?

Back