With a faithful Catholic as President of the USA ...

Some Biblical Context:
AV Re 13:11-15 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. 12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. 13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, 14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by [the means of] those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. 15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

The stage on Earth is set, and the play on words will begin shortly in the last act of Salvation's play in our life here on Earth ...

As a hypothetical question: With a faithful Catholic as becoming President of the USA, will there be more efforts towards "Catholic Social Doctrine" and "common good" in the laws(aka actions/works) of the USA ???

In the Catholic Church said:
Main article: Consecrated life (Catholic Church)

In the Catholic Church, the vows of members of religious orders and congregations are regulated by canons 654-658 of the Code of Canon Law. These are public vows, meaning vows accepted by a superior in the name of the Church, and they are usually of two durations: temporary, and, after a few years, final vows (permanent or "perpetual"). Depending on the order, temporary vows may be renewed a number of times before permission to take final vows is given. There are exceptions: the Jesuits' first vows are perpetual, for instance, and the Sisters of Charity take only temporary but renewable vows.

Religious vows are of two varieties: simple vows and solemn vows. The highest level of commitment is exemplified by those who have taken their solemn, perpetual vows. There once were significant technical differences between them in canon law; but these differences were suppressed by the current Code of Canon Law in 1983, although the nominal distinction is maintained. Only a limited number of religious congregations may invite their members to solemn vows; most religious congregations are only authorized to take simple vows. Even in congregations with solemn vows, some members with perpetual vows may have taken them simply rather than solemnly. {Additional Emphasis by SDAchristian}
Secondary Question:
As a hypothetical question: Will that person be faithful to their Catholic vows, in the Office of President do/actions/works ???

Or would you, if you were President ???

Is the "public" oath taken by the President of the USA higher or supersedes, their Catholic vows ???

Or would you in vows, if you were President ???

AV Hb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of [their] conversation.

Which is higher in precedence, vows made to the church, or oath made to the constituents of the USA ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Higher precedence is to the Catholic Faith, always. The Constitution is a secular document and the United Sates is not a Christian nation.

Higher precedence is to the Catholic Faith, always. The Constitution is a secular document and the United Sates is not a Christian nation.
Thank you for your reply !!!

And for validating what I thought was true about the Presidential oath versus Catholic vows.

I still remember the Kennedy assassination, and his stand on church and state.

AV Re 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

I believe that church and state union will be a hot topic, in this President's Elect administration, and good for a lot of discussion.

Yours in Christ, Michael

A Catholic could, theoretically. be the President without violating his Catholic Faith. This is a secular country, which guarantees freedom of religion, which, although not ideal for a Catholic, would be acceptable so long as the Church is allowed to operate freely.

Of course, he would have to oppose anything against Catholic morality, including abortion, sodomite marriages, birth control, divorce and remarriage, etc.

jonathan_hili

I think it's debatable how faithful a Catholic Joe Biden is. However, even if he is, he will be restricted in framing his orders from a Catholic moral perspective because of the party he represents and pressure from other areas. We have to be realistic about how much power any politician (even the President of the US) has in changing the social order.

I think it's debatable how faithful a Catholic Joe Biden is. However, even if he is, he will be restricted in framing his orders from a Catholic moral perspective because of the party he represents and pressure from other areas. We have to be realistic about how much power any politician (even the President of the US) has in changing the social order.
AV Re 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Many Protestants believe this beast represents the Universal Church.

AV Re 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

Fewer Protestants believe this beast represents the USA.

Time will tell the whole truth in the reality of what happens in the works of both of these beasts.

"I think it's debatable how faithful a Catholic Joe Biden is.", Double check with the Jesuits. A secret society, which does not share it's secrets very well.

This will be an ongoing discussion, as the term progresses.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Joe Biden is not Catholic
You are entitled to express your opinion.

Truth is not always about truth, but about majority opinion too many times.
The election of the second Roman Catholic as president of the United States should be the occasion of great celebration among his coreligionists. Not all Catholics supported Joseph Biden, of course, though about half did. On Nov. 7, the head of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, José Gomez, archbishop of Los Angeles, congratulated Biden and Kamala Harris, and five days later so did Pope Francis. Then last week, Gomez wasn’t so sure. On Tuesday, at the end of the national meeting of the American bishops, he declared that the president-elect’s support for abortion rights presents the church with a “difficult and complex situation.” {Additional Emphasis by SDAchristian}
It appears you hold a minority opinion.

Yours in Christ, Michael

jonathan_hili

AV Re 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Many Protestants believe this beast represents the Universal Church.

AV Re 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

Fewer Protestants believe this beast represents the USA.

Time will tell the whole truth in the reality of what happens in the works of both of these beasts.

"I think it's debatable how faithful a Catholic Joe Biden is.", Double check with the Jesuits. A secret society, which does not share it's secrets very well.

This will be an ongoing discussion, as the term progresses.

Yours in Christ, Michael
Yeah, I'm not particularly convinced by that. I think everyone is always look for the Book of Revelation to be fulfilled in his or her time, and we look to institutions we hate or fear to be the "beast" or "dragon". I think we should be more concerned with our own sins and try to live in love.

Yeah, I'm not particularly convinced by that. I think everyone is always look for the Book of Revelation to be fulfilled in his or her time, and we look to institutions we hate or fear to be the "beast" or "dragon".
AV Ja 5:7-8 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain. 8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

At the out pouring of the Latter Rain of the Holy Spirit, GOD will finish the work. Then you can finish making up your mind.
I think we should be more concerned with our own sins and try to live in love.
In the fulfilling prophecies shortly, I hope it's true enough.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Don't you mean he's a bad or sinful Catholic?
We're really talking about two different religions.

I'm sure Mr. Bergoglio would consider Joe Biden a Novus Ordite in quite good standing and the overwhelming majority of Novus Ordo hierarchy would also consider Mr. Biden a "Catholic" in good standing. There have been a few "conservative" clergy that have said they would deny Biden communion.

What is known publicly, about "Catholic" Joe Biden? Biden is an avid political supporter of late term abortions, and so called “LGBT rights”. In 2016, Biden presided over the "marriage" ceremony of a sodomite couple. By choosing Senator Kamala Harris as his running mate, he picked a woman who voted against the “Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act”, a bill “to prohibit a health care practitioner from failing to exercise the proper degree of care in the case of a child who survives an abortion or attempted abortion”

Pope Piux XII, in Mystici Corporis, says: "Actually only those are to be included as members of the Church who have been baptized and profess the true faith, and who have not been so unfortunate as to separate themselves from the unity of the Body, or been excluded by legitimate authority for grave faults committed."

So certainly Joe Biden is a baptized Catholic, but how one could hold the positions he holds and not have apostatized from the Faith is hard to imagine.

It is scandalous for a high profile public figure, who is a practicing baptized Catholic, to hold positions that contradict Catholic moral teaching and the Natural Law itself. If the Church was operating normally, Biden would be summoned for a meeting with his bishop, where if he refused to publicly renounce his immoral positions, he would be denied the sacraments, and, if he persisted, would eventually be excommunicated.

leonard03782

It is scandalous for a high profile public figure, who is a practicing baptized Catholic, to hold positions that contradict Catholic moral teaching and the Natural Law itself. If the Church was operating normally, Biden would be summoned for a meeting with his bishop, where if he refused to publicly renounce his immoral positions, he would be denied the sacraments, and, if he persisted, would eventually be excommunicated.
Actually, it is -10 under par for the course.

Democrats, including newly elected Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, are more likely than Republicans to identify as Catholic. More than a third of congressional Democrats (35 percent) are Catholic, while just over a quarter of Republicans (26 percent) identify as Catholic. Compared with the two previous Congresses, which saw the number of Catholic Democrats and Republicans about equal, the new Congress sees a large gap, with 86 Catholic Democrats and 55 Catholic Republicans. But this change is mostly attributable to the Democrats gaining at least 40 seats in the House (with one race yet to be decided)2019

Thank you for your insight on this !!!
AV Re 14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive [his] mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

So there is intellectual "forehead" conflict in the forehead, but no conflict in their works of their "hand" ??? Or is it, the other way around ???

Jesuits know, that there is a time table and the end is coming. So are they making compromises ???
Why do Catholics need to own an infrared telescope ??? said:
Bannan Astrophysics Facility, known together as the Vatican Advanced Technology Telescope (VATT), is a Gregorian telescope observing in the optical and infrared situated on Mount Graham in southeast Arizona, United States.
Yours in Christ, Michael

jonathan_hili

We're really talking about two different religions.

I'm sure Mr. Bergoglio would consider Joe Biden a Novus Ordite in quite good standing and the overwhelming majority of Novus Ordo hierarchy would also consider Mr. Biden a "Catholic" in good standing. There have been a few "conservative" clergy that have said they would deny Biden communion.

What is known publicly, about "Catholic" Joe Biden? Biden is an avid political supporter of late term abortions, and so called “LGBT rights”. In 2016, Biden presided over the "marriage" ceremony of a sodomite couple. By choosing Senator Kamala Harris as his running mate, he picked a woman who voted against the “Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act”, a bill “to prohibit a health care practitioner from failing to exercise the proper degree of care in the case of a child who survives an abortion or attempted abortion”

Pope Piux XII, in Mystici Corporis, says: "Actually only those are to be included as members of the Church who have been baptized and profess the true faith, and who have not been so unfortunate as to separate themselves from the unity of the Body, or been excluded by legitimate authority for grave faults committed."

So certainly Joe Biden is a baptized Catholic, but how one could hold the positions he holds and not have apostatized from the Faith is hard to imagine.

It is scandalous but that doesn't equate to apostasy. Apostasy is a formal renunciation of the faith. Or else everyone who commits a mortal sin is an apostate.

Our Lord's God

Some Biblical Context:
AV Re 13:11-15 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. 12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. 13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, 14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by [the means of] those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. 15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

The stage on Earth is set, and the play on words will begin shortly in the last act of Salvation's play in our life here on Earth ...

As a hypothetical question: With a faithful Catholic as becoming President of the USA, will there be more efforts towards "Catholic Social Doctrine" and "common good" in the laws(aka actions/works) of the USA ???

Secondary Question:
As a hypothetical question: Will that person be faithful to their Catholic vows, in the Office of President do/actions/works ???

Or would you, if you were President ???

Is the "public" oath taken by the President of the USA higher or supersedes, their Catholic vows ???

Or would you in vows, if you were President ???

AV Hb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of [their] conversation.

Which is higher in precedence, vows made to the church, or oath made to the constituents of the USA ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
Politicians think they can act on behalf of the state in their political office but on behalf of God in their personal life. Double minded and delusional. God expects us to act on His behalf all the time not some of the time. You can't live a double life with God where you serve his will in your one life but betray His will in your other. It's as absurd and delusional as supposing you get to sin apart from Christian life.

and did Joe's 'wife' Jill get an annulment ? She's catholic and divorced.

did the CC address John Kennedy for his immoral life style? How about Ted Kennedy?
Yes, I believe he is also married to a divorced woman.

JFK's affairs were not public knowledge at the time.

The Catholic Church does not intervene every time someone publicly commits a mortal sin, that what the confessional is for. However when someone is in a high profile public position with the power to enact legislation contrary to Catholic moral principles and even principles of Natural Law, this scandalizes Catholics and even non-Catholics perception of the Catholic Church and the Church has a duty to intervene.

It is scandalous but that doesn't equate to apostasy. Apostasy is a formal renunciation of the faith. Or else everyone who commits a mortal sin is an apostate.
As I say, we're really talking about two different religions; The Catholic Church, and the Novus Ordo sect. The Novus Ordo sect has promoted doctrines and teachings previously condemned by the by the Infallible Teaching Magisterium of the Church. So either the Catholic Church has defected, or a new non-Catholic religion has been established by defective hierarchy.

Polling data has shown for decades that the vast majority of Novus Ordo "Catholics" reject fundamental teachings of the Catholic Church regarding birth control, divorce and remarriage, sodomite unions or "marriages", the dogma of Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus, the primacy of the pope and his infallibility, and even the real presence of Christ in the Holy Eucharist.

leonard03782

Yes, I believe he is also married to a divorced woman.

JFK's affairs were not public knowledge at the time.

The Catholic Church does not intervene every time someone publicly commits a mortal sin, that what the confessional is for. However when someone is in a high profile public position with the power to enact legislation contrary to Catholic moral principles and even principles of Natural Law, this scandalizes Catholics and even non-Catholics perception of the Catholic Church and the Church has a duty to intervene.
So now we can the rcc to the list of suspects that conspired to kill Kennedy. Is that what you are saying?