Without Jesus

Without Jesus our lives have no ultimate meaning

At least, this is what many Christians have claimed right here on CARM

Without Jesus we might as well fulfill our every whim and desire - paying no heed to the consequence to ourselves or others

At least, this is what many Christians have claimed right here on CARM

Funny thing, though...

I live without Jesus and it has never once occurred to me that my life is without ultimate meaning
I live without Jesus and I have never once contemplated placing my own self gratification above and beyond consequence

This OP has been edited per mod.
You don't live without Jesus. You're life is very much wrapped up in Him. He has you coming on CARM, regularly, building up the faith of His flock.

You don't live without Jesus. You're life is very much wrapped up in Him. He has you coming on CARM, regularly, building up the faith of His flock.
No, Howie, it's not Jesus who has me regularly coming on CARM - it's you!
And it's not my intention to build up faith in Jesus, but rather to tear it down

Have I succeeded where you are concerned?
No, of course, not!

Never, for that matter, have I expected to...

The faith that I shake is that of those who are following along
That of those masses, Christian in name only, who read CARM and cringe at the association with those of your ilk

I GOT my proof: "A Christian." That's all you could muster up. Why don't you start a post whining about how Heisman Trophy winners are known for cutting their wive's throats??
Christianity, itself, like every other transcendental faith, posits that there is another, better, world ahead of us

By it's very nature, Christianity suggests that then is preferable to now
By it's very nature, Christianity urges us to live for tomorrow at the expense of today

Christianity, itself, like every other transcendental faith, posits that there is another, better, world ahead of us

Yep.

And yet it doesn't. My now is definitely preferable to all my thens.

By it's very nature, Christianity urges us to live for tomorrow at the expense of today
And yet it doesn't; thus your failure to back that up with scripture.

?

LOL

No, it's not, in fact, it's saying the opposite -- live today without worrying about tomorrow. Tomorrow will be lived tomorrow.
Shocking how little you know/understand about scripture...

Matt 6:33 makes perfectly clear that there is no need to worry about tomorrow ONCE ONE HAS SOUGHT, FIRST, "THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS"

Again, it is, most definitely, a matter, within the Christian faith, of living for tomorrow at the expense of today

And yet it doesn't; thus your failure to back that up with scripture.
And yet it does, stiggy!

I'm done playing your retarded game of
"Christianity doesn't say 'X' because 'X' is not found, verbatim, in scripture"

If you're too stupid to read between the lines then that's on you...

Sigh.

Matt 6:33 makes perfectly clear that there is no need to worry about tomorrow ONCE ONE HAS SOUGHT, FIRST, "THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS"

Again, it is, most definitely, a matter, within the Christian faith, of living for tomorrow at the expense of today.
No, it's not.

Again, live today, today and don't worry about tomorrow because the events of today are enough to keep you busy for today, and the events of tomorrow aren't going anywhere. They will be there for you to deal with tomorrow.

IOW, live life one day at time. It's good advice. ?

Again, it is, most definitely, a matter, within the Christian faith, of living for tomorrow at the expense of today

If I live for tomorrow at the expense of today, I am favoring the benefits of tomorrow over today to the point that I evaluate tomorrow higher than today. This is precisely the opposite of what Jesus encourages us to do. How can we take no thought for tomorrow if we evaluate it so high as to favor it over today?

You got sloppy in your thinking.

If I live for tomorrow at the expense of today, I am favoring the benefits of tomorrow over today to the point that I evaluate tomorrow higher than today. This is precisely the opposite of what Jesus encourages us to do. How can we take no thought for tomorrow if we evaluate it so high as to favor it over today?
Taking no thought for tomorrow, per Jesus, becomes a thing only AFTER having agreed to love God {i.e. the 'after'} above and beyond all else - including the present!

Back