Without theism, atheism is like Garfunkel without Simon

SteveB

So not seething a kid in its mothers milk is covered by one of those two?
Considering that the dietary laws were focused specifically on Israel, and according to Jesus, it's what comes out of your mouth that defiles you, that's a you thing.

So what is the due penalty of their error?
Well, for sexual immorality it appears that murder, sexually transmitted diseases, stupidity and the consequences thereof are pretty normal penalties.

Tell me some natural consequences built into breaking the law.
Have sex with another person's spouse, and then tell them. Let's see what happens. Last I'd heard, murder was a common consequence.

Jesus never said there was one set of rules for Jews and one for everyone else. That was Paul's idea.
Sounds like you don't actually pay attention.

SteveB

Are you omniscient? Because, barring that, I see no way that you could possibly know that.

In any case, what you think is irrelevant; your god, if he's real, knows what will convince me, and is able to bring it about.
If he wants to.
YHVH explicitly stated that he has chosen the foolishness of preaching the cross to save those who believe him.

1Co 1:21 WEB For seeing that in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom didn’t know God, it was God’s good pleasure through the foolishness of the preaching to save those who believe.

So... you tell me.

Will you repent and believe the gospel of Jesus?

Eightcrackers

YHVH explicitly stated that he has chosen the foolishness of preaching the cross to save those who believe him.
Something else I don't believe.
Which, if true, would be true despite my lack of belief.
So... you tell me.

Will you repent and believe the gospel of Jesus?
Before believe in hell and the possibility of savlation? No.
Why would I seek a way out of a danger I don't currently believe is real?

SteveB

No good reason for me to believe that.
Based on the sum of your posts thus far, that's because you don't actually want to know the truth and believe that as long as you believe that you are right and YHVH is wrong, you'll escape culpability for the knowledge you now have.

And until I am given one, I'm not going to believe it. Belief comes after evidence, not before.
Exactly what Jesus said you'd say.

that the light has come into the world and people loved the darkness rather than the light, because their deeds were evil.

No way you could know that unless you are omniscient.
Are you?
Never said I was.
YHVH is.
And as previously mentioned, he gives his secrets to those who fear him.

Eightcrackers

Based on the sum of your posts thus far, that's because you don't actually want to know the truth and believe that as long as you believe that you are right and YHVH is wrong, you'll escape culpability for the knowledge you now have.
Once again, I don't believe that my beliefs affect the reality - or not - of Yahweh or hell.
Don't know how many times I have to say this...
Exactly what Jesus said you'd say.
"You're not gonna believe this, but... <nonsense>."
"I don't believe it."
"HA! See? I knew you'd say that!"

- the son of the creator of the universe, ladies and gentlemen!
Never said I was.
YHVH is.
And as previously mentioned, he gives his secrets to those who fear him.
And he told you that no argument would convince me? Chapter and verse, please.

Wait... lemme guess... 1 Cor 1:18?

SteveB

Resulting in your own condemnation.

Which, if true, would be true despite my lack of belief.
Exactly.

Before believe in hell and the possibility of savlation? No.
Your belief in hell is immaterial.
What is material is that you believe in Jesus.

Why would I seek a way out of a danger I don't currently believe is real?
Continue on and you'll find out the hard way...

You screwed yourself...
Big time!
Or simply come to Jesus.

According to him, come, and call on his name.
He said he would welcome you with open arms.

Eightcrackers

Resulting in your own condemnation.
You're very, very good at telling me things I don't believe... ever considered turning pro?
Your belief in hell is immaterial.
If I am supposed to take steps to avoid it, it is very material...
Continue on and you'll find out the hard way...
OK - I'll start swerving my car around randomly just in case there's some danger I can't see.
Sounds like a great way to live.

SteveB

Once again, I don't believe that my beliefs affect the reality - or not - of Yahweh or hell.
Don't know how many times I have to say this...

"You're not gonna believe this, but... <nonsense>."
"I don't believe it."
"HA! See? I knew you'd say that!"

- the son of the creator of the universe, ladies and gentlemen!
Considering that it's his home we're being invited to come live in, why would you be surprised?
We're coming to live in his home.
Would you welcome me into your home if I refused to take you seriously on your terms? I highly doubt it.

And he told you that no argument would convince me? Chapter and verse, please.

Wait... lemme guess... 1 Cor 1:18?
That is what he said.

1Co 1:21 WEB For seeing that in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom didn’t know God, it was God’s good pleasure through the foolishness of the preaching to save those who believe.

Tiburon

Considering that the dietary laws were focused specifically on Israel, and according to Jesus, it's what comes out of your mouth that defiles you, that's a you thing.
That law is listed as one of the "Commandments"

Well, for sexual immorality it appears that murder, sexually transmitted diseases, stupidity and the consequences thereof are pretty normal penalties.
We are talking about men sleeping with men. Murder was usually only the result of Biblical punishment or homophobia. Sexually transmitted diseases are the only "natural" consequences and they are easily avoided.

Have sex with another person's spouse, and then tell them. Let's see what happens. Last I'd heard, murder was a common consequence.
It happens but I wouldn't say it was Common. Do you have any statistics?

Sounds like you don't actually pay attention.

Point out were Jesus gave his "rules for the gentiles" sermon.