Witnessing To A Roman Catholic . . . . .

How would one do that?
Well, the apostles were directly commissioned by Christ. They in turn commissioned successors who in turn commissioned successors, down to the present day. In order to show your commission, you have to show that you and or your husband has been duly commissioned by one who has the commission and the authority to pass it on through their communion with the Church.
The Holy Spirit certainly led my husband to become a called and ordained servant of the word.
Subjective.

no statues of Mary with candles in front of it? no kneeler in front of it for someone to kneel before it in prayer to her? no May celebrations that includes the statue of her, a crown on her head and flowers at her feet? a parade with catholics carrying the statue?
Whats the one they do in Spain or somewhere? This mary monstrosity is carried by dozens of people and it weighs like a ton or something Gaudy doesn't do it justice. And this person has never seen anything like this?

I have never witnessed such a thing in any of the parishes I have been in for over 50 years. Not once!
So you've never been to a Roman Catholic mass? Or do they leave out the part where the bride goes and pays a bouquet of flowers at the feet of the Mary idol, kneels down and prays to be blessed w/ children while her husband stand behind her? Most likely with "Ave Maria" in the background for added dramatic effect. As the kids today would say, that's super cringe.

Well, the apostles were directly commissioned by Christ. They in turn commissioned successors who in turn commissioned successors, down to the present day. In order to show your commission, you have to show that you and or your husband has been duly commissioned by one who has the commission and the authority to pass it on through their communion with the Church.
Youre inserting 'successor'. The bible never uses that word. Thats a catholic buzz word. They went into the world and made disciples. They didn't just make successors. In Acts 2 there are 15 nations represented and people from those nations were born again on Pentecost. They then went home and did what, wait for an apostle to show up and make a successor? No, they went home fired up by the Holy Spirit and made other disciples. Then they made disciples. THAT is how the church grows. Everyone who is born again has not only the right but obligation to share their faith.

1Thess 2:4 but just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we speak, not to please man, but to please God who tests our hearts.

2Tim 2:24 And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil,

Matt 9
37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; 38 therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.”

Not simply successors. There is more if needed. All believers have the commission to preach the gospel. Discipleship is something done at ground level.

Youre inserting 'successor'. The bible never uses that word. Thats a catholic buzz word.
Well what the heck would YOU call it?
They went into the world and made disciples.
Correct; but not every disciple experienced the laying on of hands and lead Christian communities or exercises a ministry role within the community.
They didn't just make successors.
Correct: they didn't JUST make successors.
In Acts 2 there are 15 nations represented and people from those nations were born again on Pentecost. They then went home and did what, wait for an apostle to show up and make a successor? No, they went home fired up by the Holy Spirit and made other disciples. Then they made disciples. THAT is how the church grows. Everyone who is born again has not only the right but obligation to share their faith.
Yes they made disciples. That is different from ordaining leaders for the community.

Well what the heck would YOU call it?

Correct; but not every disciple experienced the laying on of hands and lead Christian communities or exercises a ministry role within the community.

Correct: they didn't JUST make successors.

Yes they made disciples. That is different from ordaining leaders for the community.
We laid hands on a new pastor just last weekend. Hes a great guy, loves God and loves to share Jesus. Your priests want people to come to the rcc, we want people in heaven. Our calling is much higher than yours.

Subjective.
And you know more than God on who He does or doesnt annoit one to the call.

And you know more than God on who He does or doesnt annoit one to the call.
The objective test of whom God anoints comes from recognition of the fact by those who were given the commission. For example---Paul was called by God to be an apostle--but the other apostles had to confirm that call so Paul's mission activity was received as authentic.

We laid hands on a new pastor just last weekend. Hes a great guy, loves God and loves to share Jesus. Your priests want people to come to the rcc, we want people in heaven. Our calling is much higher than yours.
From where did the people who "laid hands" on your pastor get their commission/apostolic mandate?

Scripture. Where do your heretical priests get their commission?
Scripture?

Please present the Scriptures that gave you or your minister a mandate to teach and preach.

Note; I am not talking about sharing the Gospel--which ANY Christian can do. I am talking about Church leadership and ministry.

Scripture?

Scripture?

Note; I am not talking about sharing the Gospel--which ANY Christian can do. I am talking about Church leadership and ministry.
Scripture?

Yes, you know that 66 book compilation of Gods inspired word? That scripture.

Please present the Scriptures that gave you or your minister a mandate to teach and preach.

Ministers are ordained. Pastors are essentially elders. Its an office we see in the n.t. We ordain those with the qualifications that meet the scriptural requirements. I don't need to prove anything to you about authority, you have none. Your heretical church has none. It ordains a priesthood not even found in the n.t. and you have the gall to question ours?

Since your priests teach and preach heresy, why do people keep ordaining them? Don't they know what they teach is against the gospel of Jesus?

Nondenom40 said:
Scripture. Where do your heretical priests get their commission?
Scripture?
yes, those written words of God. it's very different than the written words of the rcc.

why don't you know after all of the 'teachings of the bible' in your various places you claimed to have 'studied' it?

Note; I am not talking about sharing the Gospel--which ANY Christian can do.
of course not, that's not something that catholics do.

Christians can and do, catholics can't and don't.

I am talking about Church leadership and ministry.
yes, you talk a lot about your 'Church' leadership and ministry, that of man, but not about Christ and His leadership and ministry.

So you've never been to a Roman Catholic mass? Or do they leave out the part where the bride goes and pays a bouquet of flowers at the feet of the Mary idol, kneels down and prays to be blessed w/ children while her husband stand behind her? Most likely with "Ave Maria" in the background for added dramatic effect. As the kids today would say, that's super cringe.
Been to a couple of them. Nope, never seen that one either. A lot of this stuff is done by certain ethnicities, not us French people for sure.

Subjective.
that's according to the rcc - which is a false 'church' of false teachers. It wasn't commissioned by God. it doesn't teach His word, but those commissioned by God do teach the truth of His word.

believers are 'commissioned' by God thru the rebirth, when He changes their hearts.

And my husband was commissioned by called and ordained servants of the Word.
Subjective.
Prove it.

And my husband was commissioned by called and ordained servants of the Word.
And they received their commission from whom?

In other words--how do I know that your husband has a true and real apostolic mandate? Your argument is "Well, becasue other Lutheran ministers say so." My question is--so what? What does that prove?

And they received their commission from whom?

In other words--how do I know that your husband has a true and real apostolic mandate? Your argument is "Well, becasue other Lutheran ministers say so." My question is--so what? What does that prove?
Excellent point! And yet unless you're using a double standard, this is the exact same case with the RCC. In both cases, it is just assumed that this is the case. There is no proof.

Back