wof and 2 Peter 1:10

2 Peter 1:10
Therefore, brothers and sisters, make every effort to be sure of your calling and election. For by doing this you will never stumble into sin.
You better do that, then.

“My friends, you must do all you can to show that God has really chosen and selected you. If you keep on doing this, you won't stumble and fall.” (2 Peter 1:10, CEV)

So how do you do that?
“According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (2 Peter 1:3-8, KJV)

So how do you do that?
Peter tells you above that verse in 5-7. Peter points out that we must grow in the Holy Spirit and divine nature of God. The whole context is 2 Peter 1:2-11. I believe this is one of the most important scriptures in all of the New Testament for those who want solid assurance that they will have their place in heaven, and not just wishful thinking due to false doctrines of demons.

2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

cc: @BlessedAnomaly why didn't you answer him? You already gave him verse 10, but that is far from the answer. This passage is so important in its entirety I have it memorized, and know my responsibility.

2 Peter 1:5-7 is HOW we keep ourselves...

1 John 5:18
18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.

Peter tells you above that verse in 5-7. Peter points out that we must grow in the Holy Spirit and divine nature of God. The whole context is 2 Peter 1:2-11. I believe this is one of the most important scriptures in all of the New Testament for those who want solid assurance that they will have their place in heaven, and not just wishful thinking due to false doctrines of demons.

2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Very good.

cc: @BlessedAnomaly why didn't you answer him? You already gave him verse 10, but that is far from the answer. This passage is so important in its entirety I have it memorized, and know my responsibility.
Well, first, Tallen had already answered him. Second, Travelah in the "wof and law" thread accused me of not being a Christian. So I don't think he really cares what I have to say. He's baiting me. Third, I'm confident Travelah knows the answer to that question, so....he's baiting me. And, fourth, in response to the baiting, I have nothing to prove to him. If he wants to discuss, he should answer his own question for open debate.

18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.
So true.

Oh gosh, she's trying to teach me :)

I didn't need it taught to me. Try telling me without your bible.

Don't you know that the Bible is our foundation for doctrine? Our experience needs to line up with the Bible to test if we actually belong to Jesus, or are believing another gospel. I find that the Bible is true. How about you? If you were ever born again then it should.

Don't you know that the Bible is our foundation for doctrine? Our experience needs to line up with the Bible to test if we actually belong to Jesus, or are believing another gospel. I find that the Bible is true. How about you? If you were ever born again then it should.
So you don't own a bible nor have one anywhere around... that's a difficult assignment :)

So you don't own a bible nor have one anywhere around... that's a difficult assignment :)
?What? You say "without your bible." She says, all "needs to line up with the Bible." You say "So you don't own a bible." ?‍
Come on, Trav, wait until your medication wears off before responding. ?

Huh? How did you come up with such a silly statement from what I said? :confused:
Yeah, I know. She owns a bible. I'm 100% sure.
Right! I own many versions before finding biblegateway.com. My main Bible has my notes throughout.

BA, ask God to wipe your mind of all denominational false doctrines and to start teaching you HIMSELF. I did that quite a while ago now, and my mind exploded with doctrines lost since the first century. The Church should be ashamed of itself for corrupting theology so much, and quenching the Holy Spirit.

Huh? How did you come up with such a silly statement from what I said? :confused:

Right! I own many versions before finding biblegateway.com. My main Bible has my notes throughout.

BA, ask God to wipe your mind of all denominational false doctrines and to start teaching you HIMSELF. I did that quite a while ago now, and my mind exploded with doctrines lost since the first century. The Church should be ashamed of itself for corrupting theology so much, and quenching the Holy Spirit.
This is rather entertaining. Neither one of you can explain without quote mining a bible.

Back