wof and Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

Tallen

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 KJV — Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

This is the essence of WoF doctrine. It's what I have been saying for years...And since that is the whole duty, it's incumbent upon us all to encourage each other to this end.

This is the essence of WoF doctrine. It's what I have been saying for years...

I don't think so. WoF doctrine rarely stresses fearing God and keeping commandments. Typically, if it does mention it, its goal is to use it as a way to convince God that they should receive some blessing...

I don't think so. WoF doctrine rarely stresses fearing God and keeping commandments. Typically, if it does mention it, its goal is to use it as a way to convince God that they should receive some blessing...
You have to realize that when Pete says "Word of Faith" it really means charismatic. I think he despises the original Word of Faith preachers almost as much as you, but he likes the term "Word of Faith." So he has shifted the meaning without telling the ones that have dibs on the trademark. He's absconded with the term. Or perhaps it's still on his church building, is too costly to remove, and would be an embarrassment to tell the congregation what it really means.

You have to realize that when Pete says "Word of Faith" it really means charismatic. I think he despises the original Word of Faith preachers almost as much as you, but he likes the term "Word of Faith." So he has shifted the meaning without telling the ones that have dibs on the trademark. He's absconded with the term. Or perhaps it's still on his church building, is too costly to remove, and would be an embarrassment to tell the congregation what it really means.
He use to brag about giving to KC and his ministry... telling us His right hand didn't know what his left hand was doing. I use to think he was a left handed giver..., whatever that represents. He would tell us how much KC blessed him. He don't brag in that manner any more... especially since the Italian tongues fiasco. ??

It's all I've ever said when asked on this forum what WoF teaches. We teach what the Bible teaches, and emphasize what the Bible emphasizes.

It will always depend on who's doing the teaching, I think. I've been listening to folks who are doing what WoF teaches. Robby Dawkins is an example. WoF with an early Wimber Vineyard emphasis.

You have to realize that when Pete says "Word of Faith" it really means charismatic.
Only when you're decorating the boxes.

When I'm saying "word of Faith" it really means applied Kenyon. John G. Lake in the streets faith.

It is far removed from anything stereotyped as "Charismatic" and then straw manned to death by the likes of Johnny Mac and his misinformed ilk. The term "charismatic" got post holed into the tongues controversy (look at the Charismatic board and you'll see what I mean) and sheltered from any hope of depth or growth.

Word of Faith is applied biblical faith...in the rains of Islamic Chad and wherever the gospel is forbidden.

I think he despises the original Word of Faith preachers almost as much as you, but he likes the term "Word of Faith." So he has shifted the meaning without telling the ones that have dibs on the trademark. He's absconded with the term. Or perhaps it's still on his church building, is too costly to remove, and would be an embarrassment to tell the congregation what it really means.
I see you've met Cleo.

How is she?

I liked Cope in the eighties. Hagin not so much. I read everything Kenyon when I was in seminary...and I have traveled and seen WoF applied in practical outreach...and I've seen it eschewed and derided to the downfall of the ministry.

He use to brag about giving to KC and his ministry... telling us His right hand didn't know what his left hand was doing. I use to think he was a left handed giver..., whatever that represents. He would tell us how much KC blessed him. He don't brag in that manner any more... especially since the Italian tongues fiasco. ??
I'm not a critic. I don't need to repeat what I've already said.

I'm still grateful for what he did and for who he was in the early eighties.

I have not appreciated much that came out of his ministry from the late nineties on...why would that not increase my prayer and concern for him, and replace my gratitude?

Do you remember Lonnie Frisbee? He was one of the fathers of the Jesus movement, and an inspiration to YWAM and Young Life, calvary chapel and the Vineyard.

He also died of AIDS. What do you remember? He indirectly contributed to my salvation. I'm grieved that he was overwhelmed by satan, and happy to hear that he repented and returned in the end. He did not destroy the seed he planted in the days of his triumph.

Back