wof and "What if God threw a Rapture and nobody came?"

BlessedAnomaly

So one day in the future, Jesus comes in the clouds to collect his church in the twinkling of an eye. But a whole slew of Reformed believers look up and say "No, there's no such thing as a rapture." As the believer next to them disappears, their clothes and jewelry fall to the ground, and they curse the very air around them as evil and occult.

Would their non-belief in the Rapture be enough to leave them behind, or would they joyously follow their neighbors?

Tallen

So one day in the future, Jesus comes in the clouds to collect his church in the twinkling of an eye. But a whole slew of Reformed believers look up and say "No, there's no such thing as a rapture." As the believer next to them disappears, their clothes and jewelry fall to the ground, and they curse the very air around them as evil and occult.

Would their non-belief in the Rapture be enough to leave them behind, or would they joyously follow their neighbors?
Are they flying in jets with wof, or just standing in a field?

Tallen

What if they are "wof believers" that are saying there is no rapture? Does their confession make the confession of wof that believe there is a Rapture, no effect?

tbeachhead

You're placing the rapture at a time where there's a choice. There will be no choice. The rapture will happen just before the last trump when the earth as we know it ends, to be replaced by the new heavens and the new earth. Folks will have to leave then.

No need for two raptures...

BlessedAnomaly

You're placing the rapture at a time where there's a choice. There will be no choice. The rapture will happen just before the last trump when the earth as we know it ends, to be replaced by the new heavens and the new earth. Folks will have to leave then.

You're post-Mil??

BlessedAnomaly

What if they are "wof believers" that are saying there is no rapture? Does their confession make the confession of wof that believe there is a Rapture, no effect?
WoFers follow their leaders like lemmings. I haven't heard of a "no rapture" WoF teacher, have you?

But if there are, as for confession, who won the game between Eagle Mountain and ORU? That one was a doozy, I'll bet. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tallen

WoFers follow their leaders like lemmings. I haven't heard of a "no rapture" WoF teacher, have you?

But if there are, as for confession, who won the game between Eagle Mountain and ORU? That one was a doozy, I'll bet. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Just keeping it wof since the OP didn't have a thing to do with wof. 😉

tbeachhead

You're post-Mil??
I'm a "two rapture" like there are "two comings" guy. The first one will be spiritual like a second Pentecost on steroids....We will be taken up, but our feet remain on the ground, and we can still die a martyr's death. (That also throws me in with the Latter Rain bunch, the prophetic bunch, and the Neo apostolic bunch to a certain degree.)

The second, because this earth is finished, and the new one is coming. That comes at the very end.

The reason why this is so obvious to me, and I haven't talked to anyone else who sees this, is simple: There are two last battles...Satan gets bound at the end of the first one, and yet he gathers nations again by deception after the millennium and goes out to fight a second, and very last battle.

I do not believe that the prophecies we are reading apply only to the first battle. The Word as we know it will still be the Word at the end as it was from the beginning.

tbeachhead

There's me...but then...I don't fit your strict definition of "WoF", because I'm neither Copeland nor Hagin.

I do teach that the rapture will happen five minutes before the kickoff, if the Browns ever get into the Super Bowl...

That's like saying "There will be no rapture."

Slyzr

but Pete ......

How does one live?

ERRRR ....... were not sure about that.

.Mostly ......we just preach die, and hope for the rapture.

Thanks ....... it makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

BlessedAnomaly

I'm a "two rapture" like there are "two comings" guy. The first one will be spiritual like a second Pentecost on steroids....We will be taken up, but our feet remain on the ground, and we can still die a martyr's death. (That also throws me in with the Latter Rain bunch, the prophetic bunch, and the Neo apostolic bunch to a certain degree.)

The second, because this earth is finished, and the new one is coming. That comes at the very end.

The reason why this is so obvious to me, and I haven't talked to anyone else who sees this, is simple: There are two last battles...Satan gets bound at the end of the first one, and yet he gathers nations again by deception after the millennium and goes out to fight a second, and very last battle.

I do not believe that the prophecies we are reading apply only to the first battle. The Word as we know it will still be the Word at the end as it was from the beginning.
Interesting.

Many questions, perhaps. But I see one glaring problem.

Rev 18 - Babylon is destroyed.
Rev 19:1 - After these things....
Rev 19:6 - Then...
Rev 19:11 - Then...
Rev 19:19 - Then...
Rev 20:1 - Then...
Rev 20:7 - Now when the thousand years are finished...
Rev 20:11 - Then...
Rev 21:1 - Then...
Rev 21:9 - Then...

There is an order to all the things described in the Revelation.

Rev 18--
Babylon is destroyed, and after that Victory! Then the wedding feast of the Lamb.

Rev 19:11--
Then the Son of God goes to War on a white horse! Then the kings of the earth gather for battle. The Lord kills them.

Rev 20:1--
Satan is locked away. Then the 1000 year reign. Then Satan is released to tempt and deceive. Then the White Throne Judgement.

Rev 21:1--
Then the new Heaven and Earth. Then Jerusalem descends.

There is an order. Where is this second rapture? Where is it mentioned? You say you have it with the old earth going away and a new one coming. It would appear you have the "spiritually raptured" people still on the ground, in the earth, when a wedding feast with the Lamb is taking place. Who is at the feast? For the last battle had not yet taken place. When Satan a) still hasn't been locked up, and b) hasn't been finally defeated.

So if this second rapture occurs with the new earth, then these saints missed a lot of great stuff for the Bride in heaven.

What did I get wrong?

tbeachhead

Interesting.

Many questions, perhaps. But I see one glaring problem.

Rev 18 - Babylon is destroyed.
Rev 19:1 - After these things....
Rev 19:6 - Then...
Rev 19:11 - Then...
Rev 19:19 - Then...
Rev 20:1 - Then...
Rev 20:7 - Now when the thousand years are finished...
Rev 20:11 - Then...
Rev 21:1 - Then...
Rev 21:9 - Then...

There is an order to all the things described in the Revelation.

Rev 18--
Babylon is destroyed, and after that Victory! Then the wedding feast of the Lamb.

Rev 19:11--
Then the Son of God goes to War on a white horse! Then the kings of the earth gather for battle. The Lord kills them.

Rev 20:1--
Satan is locked away. Then the 1000 year reign. Then Satan is released to tempt and deceive. Then the White Throne Judgement.

Rev 21:1--
Then the new Heaven and Earth. Then Jerusalem descends.

There is an order. Where is this second rapture? Where is it mentioned? You say you have it with the old earth going away and a new one coming. It would appear you have the "spiritually raptured" people still on the ground, in the earth, when a wedding feast with the Lamb is taking place. Who is at the feast? For the last battle had not yet taken place. When Satan a) still hasn't been locked up, and b) hasn't been finally defeated.

So if this second rapture occurs with the new earth, then these saints missed a lot of great stuff for the Bride in heaven.

What did I get wrong?
These are all great questions.

My own aversion to the Darby/Scofield rapture was the self-satisfied indolence I saw in my Baptist friends in the south. I do not think we have the whole picture, as the Jews of Jesus day were missing the biggest piece of the puzzle: Him.