Women Are Not To Teach From The Pulpit or In Church Media.

101G

I don't have to try anything, as you haven't proved that ἐπίσκοπος could be held by a woman, or was ever held by a woman except in the heretical churches, e.g. of the Montanists and the Marcionites etc. What I will say to you, however, is unambiguous and beyond controversy:

Isa 3:12 "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths."

Here Isaiah is talking about the church. Who are children?

Heb 5:12 2For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat."

What is the very first principle of the oracles of God? The cursing of Satan: Gen 3:14-15
What is the second principle of the oracles of God? Gen 3:16 "Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee."

So, a church that is ruled by woman, is also ruled by children. Such a church will be oppressed by all kinds of strange teaching, and will cause people to "err" and will "destroy the way of thy paths."
what a CHILSISH response........

:ninja:

GeneZ

Alexander do not interfere I handle this doubter of the word the bible that does say women preach and verses are there and women can't be pastors but women can preach from the pulpit ! But Genez says not ! real men won't let women because women dominate and thier cowards he is A coward for saying that shameful thing to say. Real men want women to push and aren't shame if called girly or feminine if women preach women can't be pastors !

Genez stand down from your machist postion and check your privileges because you aint' got no right to say what women can't do and can do ! It shown there were women helping the gospel and we do not know in precise all the details but did thier part preaching helping the gospel is help preaching you got that ! I'm really getting irritated but not tired of all you Cjab trying to say women can't ! and Genez thinking God is man when he is A consuming fire and he uses femine thinsg like mother bear, mother eagles, a Hen and women giving birth to explain aprts of God's nature !

He came A man to save us but we know he is among us and God comes to earth in many forms in secret ! And he chooses to be A woman or man and he chosed A bear, fire, man, and women to represent his presence in this world for A secret but know this that women have the other part to push for him and we must help them preaching the word everywhere !

What was forbidden was a woman having *authority* over a man. Not forbidden to teach.

I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; she is to remain quiet.." 1 Timothy 2:12

A good pastor-teacher of Scripture will by default be having authority over his hearers. That is if he is truly teaching sound doctrine.
Weak teachers are too easily found today. That is possibly why some women can not see what difference it makes. In that case
it probably would make no difference.

Now, if a woman wants to teach only women, or teach children? .... the command does not forbid that.

cjab

Your definition of faith requires the subjugation of women? I rather not have it then.
The divine order of creation is integral to faith. If you do not recognize this order, then you are substituting yourself in place of the divine.

kiwimacnz

The divine order of creation is integral to faith. If you do not recognize this order, then you are substituting yourself in place of the divine.
Nope. "Gen 1: ...26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

Only in the redaction of this story in Genesis 2 is a hierarchy established. It does not exist here and Paul confirms it with his quote that there is in Christ neither male or female.

cjab

Nope. "Gen 1: ...26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

Only in the redaction of this story in Genesis 2 is a hierarchy established. It does not exist here and Paul confirms it with his quote that there is in Christ neither male or female.
Except that Paul did assert being a Roman citizen before Festus (Acts 25), and laid claim to his rights and obligations deriving thereof. So when Paul says "neither Jew nor Greek" he didn't mean, "neither Jew nor Greek" in the world, but "neither Jew nor Greek" in the kingdom of heaven.

So in the world, there remains male and female etc. Now the kingdom of heaven is not of this world; but the mistake that many make is to assume either (1) that the kingdom of heaven is of this world (it isn't), or (2) that the church is not of this world (it is - the visible church is very much of this world).

The church therefore remains subject to the rules and law of the world, as Paul made clear. Per Rom 3:31, "we uphold the law" which includes Gen 3:14-16. Those who reject the law are known as "antinominians" - a heresy particularly prevalent amongst Protestants.

Last edited: