Word Faith and Sam Kinison

Yodas_Prodigy

This is a well-known story about a comedian who grew up a couple hours away from me. He was raised Christian and then moved away from the faith. He lived in Tulsa, a Word Faith stronghold, for a while and then decided to move into comedy after his divorce.

IMHO, Sam's walk away from God brought about his early death. I believe he was a Christian whose life didn't go as it should have. And God had it in mind to bring him home when He did before Sam could cause any more damage to present-day Church...

Thoughts?

This is a well-known story about a comedian who grew up a couple hours away from me. He was raised Christian and then moved away from the faith. He lived in Tulsa, a Word Faith stronghold, for a while and then decided to move into comedy after his divorce.

IMHO, Sam's walk away from God brought about his early death. I believe he was a Christian whose life didn't go as it should have. And God had it in mind to bring him home when He did before Sam could cause any more damage to present-day Church...

Thoughts?
IMO, he was a blasphemer who mocked YHWH. I don't think he was a Christian.

Thoughts?
I had a discussion with someone about 30 years ago (basing this upon what company we worked in together). I, at the time, believed that one could lose salvation. He did not. The discussion went to someone who leaves the faith and simply becomes abhorrible to his past faith. He said that if one became like this, God would simply take them out of this earth. They would be of no use to him.

So I asked, if God is omnipotent, he would have known this person would wind up like this. Why not take him out at birth? Why wait until the world sees him as an abhorrent person, devoid of God?

As far as Kinison, I didn't follow him much. I saw a skit or two, didn't like his shouting. I saw him set the Tonight Show set on fire. That was wild (and not part of any act the Tonight Show condoned).

Thoughts?

No Christian would mock God as he did.

IMO, he was a blasphemer who mocked YHWH. I don't think he was a Christian.

That very well could be true... God took him out because he was a mocker and blasphemer... I suppose the thing that holds me from agreeing is how contrite he was when he died. To me, his last conversation was with God. Sort of like the Prodigal... I would not bet the farm on him being a Christian.

I had a discussion with someone about 30 years ago (basing this upon what company we worked in together). I, at the time, believed that one could lose salvation. He did not. The discussion went to someone who leaves the faith and simply becomes abhorrible to his past faith. He said that if one became like this, God would simply take them out of this earth. They would be of no use to him.

So I asked, if God is omnipotent, he would have known this person would wind up like this. Why not take him out at birth? Why wait until the world sees him as an abhorrent person, devoid of God?

As far as Kinison, I didn't follow him much. I saw a skit or two, didn't like his shouting. I saw him set the Tonight Show set on fire. That was wild (and not part of any act the Tonight Show condoned).

Like I said to Ted, I wouldn't bet the farm on him being a Christian. I am mostly looking at his last minutes of life...

You: No Christian would mock God as he did.
Me: Oh... But they [Christians] do... They [Christians] just do it in different ways... Subtle instead of in your face...
You: There was nothing subtle about the way Kinison mocked Jesus.

Where did I mention Kinnison being subtle?

You: No Christian would mock God as he did.
Me: Oh... But they [Christians] do... They [Christians] just do it in different ways... Subtle instead of in your face...
You: There was nothing subtle about the way Kinison mocked Jesus.

Where did I mention Kinnison being subtle?

Where did I say you did? This thread is about Kinison is it not? So why are you confused as to why I would mention him.

Where did I say you did? This thread is about Kinison is it not? So why are you confused as to why I would mention him.

Perhaps I misunderstood your comment. Of course, Kinnison wasn't subtle... My point is that Christians do mock and blaspheme God in more subtle ways...

What did you think of Mike Warnke? (I never heard of Sam Kinison...but I've watched folks bail and run disastrously...It's never pretty, and those who did not bail always feel justified in their judgment. Read Hanegraaff, who bailed and ran to Eastern Orthodoxy in his judgment of Lonnie Frisbee, who died of AIDS.)

Back