Word of God.

Hibernian

Can anyone quote God or any apostle the other words of God/teachings that were not included in written scripture?
No. It's extremely dangerous to put words in God's mouth. Some people do that without batting an eye.

It's funny how people who misquote God would hate it if you misquote them. It must be because they think God is not watching or because they think that God doesn't care, but one thing is for sure - a person who invents what God never said is a person who has no fear of God.

But worst of all are the ones who say the exact opposite of what God says, and then present that as the word of God.

Last edited:

balshan

Can anyone quote God or any apostle the other words of God/teachings that were not included in written scripture?
Excellent question. Would God or an apostle ever say one thing and then later through someone else go against what they said?

No one shouldn't add to the word of God or change the meaning of His words.

Hibernian

There are a lot of hungry people in the world who don't mind exploiting the God business to make a living. As St. Paul says : their god is their stomach

Last edited:

Atemi

Nope.
But I am amazed how many times devout Roman Catholics make it all up as they go.
Some say their catechisms are the words of God...but others deny that.
Some say their councils are the words of God...but others deny that and insist only parts of their councils are words of God, even though they cannot tell us all exactly which parts those are.
Some say that many words of their church fathers are the words of God...but exactly which words those are vary from one Catholic to another.

When you have to make up your religion on the fly in order to give it the appearance of legitimacy, you lost all credibility. Meanwhile, so many of their most devout work overtime to call into question that actual words of God in Scripture...

Hibernian

Nope.
But I am amazed how many times devout Roman Catholics make it all up as they go.
Some say their catechisms are the words of God...but others deny that.
Some say their councils are the words of God...but others deny that and insist only parts of their councils are words of God, even though they cannot tell us all exactly which parts those are.
Some say that many words of their church fathers are the words of God...but exactly which words those are vary from one Catholic to another.

When you have to make up your religion on the fly in order to give it the appearance of legitimacy, you lost all credibility. Meanwhile, so many of their most devout work overtime to call into question that actual words of God in Scripture...
Not only have they lost all credibility, but they also have to ask themselves what they really believe. The problem is they are really defending something that they don't understand, and they just believe blindly and they swallow whatever the Pope pushes down their neck. Problem is that the Pope and his church is their real religion.

Hibernian

I am not asking for a defence... just the other words of God and teachings. I have heard for years about Sacred Tradition. So far we have nothing. How odd.
The point is that there are no other words of God apart from the Bible, but the Roman Catholic Church would like to tell you that the words of their pope and their church is the word of God.

Washed

The point is that there are no other words of God apart from the Bible, but the Roman Catholic Church would like to tell you that the words of their pope and their church is the word of God.
Yes, I know~~~~~ Hense the reason for this thread! I really really really really want to know these other words of God that stands their stool.

Hibernian

Yes, I know~~~~~ Hense the reason for this thread! I really really really really want to know these other words of God that stands their stool.
It's really a question of what they believe as opposed to reality.

The point is that I cannot quote another person and say I have quoted you. I can only quote you if I say the words that you said. So I cannot quote the pope and say that that is the word of God. The word of the Pope is the word of the pope, nothing more.

Washed

It's really a question of what they believe as opposed to reality.

The point is that I cannot quote another person and say I have quoted you. I can only quote you if I say the words that you said. So I cannot quote the pope and say that that is the word of God. The word of the Pope is the word of the pope, nothing more.
I am not asking you to quote their pope. Shrug.

Hibernian

And they are wrong.
It's very simple. The words of a man cannot be compared to the words of God, nor can the words a man be considered as being the same as the word of God.

And of course the words of the Pope are wrong because they contradict the word of God.

The words of God can only be spoken by a man when God authorises and inspires the speaker to speak on his behalf, as happened with the apostles and prophets, and as the Bible tells us in Ephesians 2:20, that the church is built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief cornerstone.

Hibernian

I am not asking you to quote their pope. Shrug.
I am simply explaining that a correct quote can only come from the speaker himself, if that person said it. If someone else quotes another person that is called second-hand information.

That is why I avoid speaking for myself when I quote the Bible.

Washed

I am simply explaining that a correct quote can only come from the speaker himself, if that person said it. Ifsomeone else quotes another person that is called second-hand information.
Well, of course. Here is the original OP again. No one is asking you or anyone else to give second-hand information.

"Can anyone quote God or any apostle the other words of God/teachings that were not included in written scripture?"