Works question

Common Tater

AV Jn 8:44-45 Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell [you] the truth, ye believe me not.

Depends on who you want to believe. Start with Eve in the garden, and it gets worse from there.

Does your lie detector still work from the Holy Spirit ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
This does not explain what sunday works are. I am asking for specific examples.

Common Tater

AV Jn 8:44-45 Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell [you] the truth, ye believe me not.

Depends on who you want to believe. Start with Eve in the garden, and it gets worse from there.

Does your lie detector still work from the Holy Spirit ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
What did Eve do in the Garden on Sunday that was Sunday works?

Common Tater

So is Sunday sacredness/holiness !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael
Again you flog a dead horse. Most Christians do not believe in Sunday sabbatarianism. Sunday is simple the day that we meet for corporat worship to celebrate our Risen Lord. After we meet, most of us go about the rest of the day as if it were any other. If you would bother to learn early church history, you'd the practices of early believers to be very similar.

Bob Carabbio

Sda teaching is if you break the 10 commandments you will go to hell.

You must repent and keep the commandments if you want to be saved.
So - to the SDA, The SIN OFFERING of Christ on the cross doesn't mean SPIT, salvation is by WORKS, and Eph 2:8,9 is a LIE.

Common Tater

AV Hb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

You missed the context. Try again.

Yours in Christ, Michael
No, I did not. Your own theologians and historians state that almost all of the early leadership of the Seventh-day Adventist church was either arian or semi-arian. You don't even seem to know the history of your own church.

Attachments

• The Doctrine of the Trinity Among Seventh-day Adventists.pdf
    352.9 KB · Views: 0

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Ex 20:8-11 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates: 11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

You do realize satan claims this earth as his to rule with satan's day of pagan rest, but following GOD's example is not moral for many.
You are the one who coined the term "sunday works". I'm simply asking you to give specific examples of what you believe "sunday works" to be.
Blue laws, also known as Sunday laws, Sunday trade laws and Sunday closing laws, are laws restricting or banning certain activities on specified days, usually Sundays in the western world.
'You are the one who coined the term "sunday works". ', So you think it is original with me. Guess again !!!

Having been accused of sabbath works numerous times for resting according to the fourth commandment. Many should know this from the Bible.

Here is refresher for you, because I have posted this to you before.
Four Stages of Sunday Law (EGW References available) said:
1. Refrain From Working on Sunday.
2. Honor Sunday, but can still worship on Sabbath.
3. Cannot worship on Sabbath, Only Sunday; Fines and Imprisonment imposed.
4. Death Penalty those who worship on Sabbath and disregard Sunday.
From Norman McNulty, M.D. presentation.
AV Am 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

In your world point of view, these events can not happen. But prophecy fulfillment is the ONLY proof/evidence from GOD the whole world is going to get !!!

For many, Eyes of understanding blinded with lies, will have prophecy fulfillment/future evidence.

Time is running out ...

Yours in Christ, Michael

Common Tater

Prologue:
AV Ex 20:8-11 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates: 11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

You do realize satan claims this earth as his to rule with satan's day of pagan rest, but following GOD's example is not moral for many.

'You are the one who coined the term "sunday works". ', So you think it is original with me. Guess again !!!

Having been accused of sabbath works numerous times for resting according to the fourth commandment. Many should know this from the Bible.

Here is refresher for you, because I have posted this to you before.

AV Am 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

In your world point of view, these events can not happen. But prophecy fulfillment is the ONLY proof/evidence from GOD the whole world is going to get !!!

For many, Eyes of understanding blinded with lies, will have prophecy fulfillment/future evidence.

Time is running out ...

Yours in Christ, Michael
Where on earth is worshiping on Saturday prohibited? Where are people being fined and imprisoned for worshiping on Saturday? Where on earth are people being put to death for worshiping on Saturday?

On June 21, 2022, in Makisabo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, ten Christians are ambushed in their cars and executed by muslim extremists. On May 5, 2022, in Borno, Nigeria, twenty Christians are executed on video as a warning to non-muslims. These people were not fined, imprisoned, or killed because they went to church on Saturday. They were killed because they worshiped Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. It doesn't matter when you worship, it matters who. Adventists have turned Saturday into an idol.

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Re 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
AV Re 13:5-9 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty [and] two months. 6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. 7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. 8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. 9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

The spiritual demographics will be very clear to everyone, soon.
No, I did not. Your own theologians and historians state that almost all of the early leadership of the Seventh-day Adventist church was either arian or semi-arian. You don't even seem to know the history of your own church.
AV 1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Those are men's terms and are subject to men's definition. So you are saying those things are still true for the SDA church today ???

But I see the pope being a fulfillment of those definitions.

It would be blasphemy to claims the rights of GOD, while being in living existence on earth.

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

Where on earth is worshiping on Saturday prohibited? Where are people being fined and imprisoned for worshiping on Saturday? Where on earth are people being put to death for worshiping on Saturday?
This is why the mark of the beast in NOT in EFFECT, now !!!

AV 1C 2:13-14 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.

You do understand what unfulfilled prophecy looks like to those are not spiritual, Right ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Mt 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Many Christians have stopped believing Jesus' own words.
On June 21, 2022, in Makisabo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, ten Christians are ambushed in their cars and executed by muslim extremists. On May 5, 2022, in Borno, Nigeria, twenty Christians are executed on video as a warning to non-muslims. These people were not fined, imprisoned, or killed because they went to church on Saturday. They were killed because they worshiped Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
Some men do not understand other groups of men. So what is new in that thinking then ???
It doesn't matter when you worship, it matters who.
AV Mk 2:27-28 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: 28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Many have made worship excuses for Jesus' own words.
Adventists have turned Saturday into an idol.
I am sure that is true for some SDA church members, just not all.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Common Tater

Prologue:
AV Mt 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Many Christians have stopped believing Jesus' own words.

Some men do not understand other groups of men. So what is new in that thinking then ???

AV Mk 2:27-28 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: 28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Many have made worship excuses for Jesus' own words.

I am sure that is true for some SDA church members, just not all.

Yours in Christ, Michael
The Sabbath was the sign of the covenant between God and Israel. It was given to Israel. See Exodus 31:12-17, Ezekial 20:12. The Jews have always understood that the Sabbath was the sign and was given to them alone. If Jesus had meant all of mankind in Mark 2:27-28, it would have stirred up a controversy like you have never seen. It would have been almost as upsetting to the Jews as Jesus declaring himself to be God. The Pharisees who were present and had asked the question “Look, why are they doing what is not lawful on the Sabbath?”. You need to look at his answer in the context of that question. He was not declaring that now Sabbath was meant for everyone, he was telling them that the needs of a person or persons takes precedence over the Sabbath. And that person or persons just happened to be Jewish, by the way.

Icyspark

SDA's seem to teach that we are saved through faith + obeying the 10 commandments (with a heavy emphasis on the 4th commandment). They also teach that the near the end of time the "mark of the best" of Revelation 14 will be placed upon those who worship on Sunday instead of Saturday.

The SDA gospel culminates in "salvation by grace plus law, faith plus works." (Galatians 1:6-9)

Hi MMDAN,

What would you say if someone said you're saved "not by faith alone"? Would you assume that person is a legalist? Or, "faith plus works"?

Icyspark

As versed in the sda as I am after 70 years of being taught by them since birth and 60 years as an active member, I have given up trying to follow a certain poster who seems to purposefully attempt to confuse others.

Hi Bob,

What would you call someone who makes a feeble attempt at masquerading as a current Seventh-day Adventist? Isn't your statement above rather ironic and neurotic? I suppose ppl who embrace a postmodern belief system have no problem purposefully attempting to confuse others, yet in their rush to condemn others they condemn themselves.

Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.

A postmodern "thinker" sees morality in the light of their own darkened imagination. What's "evil" to them is whatever their thoughts determine and the Bible is merely used in meager doses to buttress whatever straw man belief they're attempting to prop up.

MMDAN

Hi MMDAN,

What would you say if someone said you're saved "not by faith alone"? Would you assume that person is a legalist? Or, "faith plus works"?
My first assumption would be that such a person is saying we are saved by faith 'plus works' and is most likely a legalist.