World Leaders Must Be Infallible Also

Hibernian

In recent world political history the Pope is not the only one who now agrees with civil unions for homosexual couples. Who followed Who? Have world leaders followed the infallible Pope or has the Pope followed fallible world leaders? Of course, in fairness to world leaders, they are not claiming to speak from God, so if they are wrong then the pope is wrong also. But of course the pope always has an unfair advantage because he's not running a secular state according to himself, but a theocracy whereby his declarations are really the work of the Holy Spirit. So can we now say that world leaders are also inspired by God? But more importantly, can we now say that God agrees with civil unions for homosexual couples, because if we can't where does that leave the Pope? And of course if world leaders can decide what God has determined this also means that we don't need the Pope because we can depend on world leaders.

God's Declaration remains -

*You shall not lie with a man as with a woman.*

Who is on the Lord's side? I am with the Holy Bible.

Hibernian

In recent world political history the Pope is not the only one who now agrees with civil unions for homosexual couples. Who followed Who? Have world leaders followed the infallible Pope or has the Pope followed fallible world leaders? Of course, in fairness to world leaders, they are not claiming to speak from God, so if they are wrong then the pope is wrong also. But of course the pope always has an unfair advantage because he's not running a secular state according to himself, but a theocracy whereby his declarations are really the work of the Holy Spirit. So can we now say that world leaders are also inspired by God? But more importantly, can we now say that God agrees with civil unions for homosexual couples, because if we can't where does that leave the Pope? And of course if world leaders can decide what God has determined this also means that we don't need the Pope because we can depend on world leaders.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections : for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men, working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet

Romans 1:26, 27

According to St. Paul

Of course the Holy Bible is the inspired word of God so the above quote is the judgement and decision of the Holy Spirit, yet Roman Catholics believe that the Holy Spirit is the one who speaks through the Pope.

Go figure.

I'm just wondering if the Bible is the word of the Holy Spirit, why do I need the Pope to tell me otherwise? To tell me the exact opposite to what God Himself declares?

Last edited:

Hibernian

Not so long ago we had the paedophile scandals etc. in the Roman Catholic church and now we have a pope who simply seeks to legitimize it rather than be demonized because of it.

Is it your belief that the pope is always infallible?

I don't want to deviate from the theme of the thread. The point is that the Pope has made the same decision as secular world leaders. You can argue that his decision is not infallible if you like.

I was just wondering if you understood that we believe the pope is always infallible.

That's a very silly question. You do realise that I'm not a Roman Catholic. You could ask me if I believe in the tooth fairy.

So you are ignorant of the Catholic understanding of infallibility? You're on a Roman Catholic forum. I would like to know if you know what we believe about these things. Wouldn't that be expected? You don't have to be a Roman Catholic to know what we believe about certain issues. Why are you acting defensive?

Hibernian

of course the pub cannot be available because no infallible person can contradict God because God is the only one who is
I was just wondering if you understood that we believe the pope is always infallible.
Of course the Pope cannot be infallible because no infallible person can contradict God, because God is the only one who is infallible. The fact that your pope contradicts God proves that he is not infallible.

God says

You shall not lie with a man as with a woman

of course the pub cannot be available because no infallible person can contradict God because God is the only one who is
Of course the Pope cannot be infallible because no infallible person can contradict God, because God is the only one who is infallible. The fact that your pope contradicts God proves that he is not infallible.

God says

You shall not lie with a man as with a woman

We don't believe the pope is always infallible. You're mistaken in that assumption. I can only wonder what other things you're mistaken about regarding Roman Catholicism.

Hibernian

Why do you think the pope's recent decision, assuming what you say is even true, is infallible?
I never said his decision was infallible and it isn't because it contradicts God.

My point is to say that if the Pope's decision is infallible then the same decision of the other heads of state must be infallible also.

In Ireland we have a proverb -

You don't need a dog If you can bark yourself

Hibernian

So are you suggesting that this decision is not
We don't believe the pope is always infallible. You're mistaken in that assumption. I can only wonder what other things you're mistaken about regarding Roman Catholicism.
So are you suggesting that this decision is not infallible and that the Pope is wrong?
Well, there we go.

You are the one who believes he's infallible but if you say that he's only infallible some of the time then you have to admit he could be wrong. In other words you have to admit that he's not infallible. So tell me - is his recent decision to accept homosexual relationships infallible or not? This is your opportunity to say the Pope is wrong. But in the end it by boils down to two possibilities - either the Pope is right and God is wrong, or God Is Right and your pope is wrong. What's your position on that? Of course it means in the end that if the Pope is right then he knows better than God.

Hibernian

But you believe that the Pope is infallible on issues of faith and morals and you cannot deny that homosexual relationships is a moral issue. The real issue is that the Pope has trapped to into the position of not having a mind of your own