Would God Send Me To Hell?

Joseph

I know I share a belief in eternal security. But my question here is on the topic of dying with dignity.
Is this considered suicide? I think about it often because I am ill, and I have spoken to a few doctors
willing to help me. I just don't know. I'm scared of course. But I don't really want to live. Or die to be
honest. I just can't take it anymore. I'm okay in terms of harm.,. I don't harm myself or anyone.

It's more of feeling like a complete failure in life and not having the opportunity to fix it. It's being in a
family where you can't have a normal conversation. It's growing up, being 30, and you still haven't
heard your dad ever say he was proud of you for anything. When my mom passed 2017, I feel like
I did too. Spiritually. Now I'm just dormant in this body and have been given every psychiatric potion
known to man. Psychedelics give me hope for a while. About a month or two, but then the depression
and anxiety comes back. It's weird because I doin't want to die. I want to live. I just can't live like this.

there this program at UCLA, and other places that assist in this procedure. I'll leave some reference
links if you're interested in taking a look.

But Biblically, is this going against God's Will?

https://www.uclahealth.org/patients...ctive/end-life-option-act-resources-materials

Dizerner

Joseph... I apologize I somehow missed this post.

Please don't take your life, I 100% believe you will end up in hell.

Hebrews 11 says "These all died in faith," and taking one's life is self-murder, it is not believing God can give you the help to live out your life.

If you would like to just talk to me about things, I think I could really help you... just send me a PM and we can take this off forum.

e v e 21

I know I share a belief in eternal security. But my question here is on the topic of dying with dignity.
Is this considered suicide? I think about it often because I am ill, and I have spoken to a few doctors
willing to help me. I just don't know. I'm scared of course. But I don't really want to live. Or die to be
honest. I just can't take it anymore. I'm okay in terms of harm.,. I don't harm myself or anyone.

It's more of feeling like a complete failure in life and not having the opportunity to fix it. It's being in a
family where you can't have a normal conversation. It's growing up, being 30, and you still haven't
heard your dad ever say he was proud of you for anything. When my mom passed 2017, I feel like
I did too. Spiritually. Now I'm just dormant in this body and have been given every psychiatric potion
known to man. Psychedelics give me hope for a while. About a month or two, but then the depression
and anxiety comes back. It's weird because I doin't want to die. I want to live. I just can't live like this.

there this program at UCLA, and other places that assist in this procedure. I'll leave some reference

https://www.uclahealth.org/patients...ctive/end-life-option-act-resources-materials
to have the change as one of the group of 144k a soul needs to stay alive…somehow

even though for His this world is nothing but horrible trials…
for this is not His world.

please hold on.. and ask Him for help.

I am new here so I just saw this.

5”Those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh; but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. 6The mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace, 7because the mind of the flesh is hostile to God: It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the fleshd cannot please God” (Ro 8:5-7).

The ways of the world and the psychology of it lead to death for the mind of the flesh is death. It is natural to feel as a stranger or alien on earth if you are a believer, but the only way out of depression and distress is setting your mind on Jesus.

I want to help you but first I must ask you if you know what the gospel is? You say you believe in eternal security but I would appreciate knowing if you understand salvation because being saved and having the life of God in you is the way to life.

PLEASE respond because I don’t want you to take your precious life. What you want is not found in the world but found in Jesus. You can be close to him and you can be free of the deceiving spirits that lead you to believe your life is worthless and based on emotion rather than based on salvation and the life and love of God.

“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world’s darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms” (Eph. 6:12).

I also want to say that we are all total failures. That is why we need salvation.

I am here for you!!

Josheb

and anxiety comes back. It's weird because I don't want to die. I want to live. I just can't live like this.
Let's start small, simple, and plain:

Do you want things to be different?

Do you want me to be honest with you?

Are you willing to be honest with me?

Our Lord's God

I would suggest that asking people on this board is a big mistake.

Ask your Father. John 6:45.
John 14:23; 16:23-28

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Thistle

Brother, I'm so sorry for your feeling of desperation, you are in my prayers. I couldn't help but be reminded of this passage in Ecclesiastes by your post.

What does it mean that there is a time to be born and a time to die (Ecclesiastes 3:2)?

Please click through to the link and read the article I think it's very good. There's a real question as to why we're here in the first place. But whatever the exact answer to that question is it has to do with God's providential will for each one of us. From reading your post I cannot believe that God has instructed you and all that he wants you to know before leaving this world, and you would still have such questions and feelings in your mind.

One thing is for sure none of us are getting out of this World alive. But before we go to meet our Maker I think it would be good that we know as much about him as we possibly can. If you've not already done so, I would recommend that you would study through a theology of God. This is not a systematic theology it's a theology of God. It's a certain kind of study that examines everything the Bible says about God himself. The more we know about him the more we can infer about why he's placed us here for the time that he's given us.

And perhaps by a better understanding Of our heavenly Father we will better understand our temporal fathers. The theology of God that I found helpful is by Jack Cottrell who at this very time is dying of a terminal disease himself. The theology is in three volumes the first of which is titled "what the Bible says about God the creator," then: "what the Bible says about God the ruler," and finally: "what the Bible says about God the redeemer." Each book is about 500 pages, so that should give you plenty of time for God to reveal to you any insights about himself that he has for you before you meet face-to-face.

And perhaps you might want to visit Jack Cottrell's Facebook page as he is in my judgment going to meet his Maker with a great deal of courage, love and anticipation. You may even want to reach out to him. God may have appointed this meeting for you both. However that may be know that you're in my prayers.

Yours in Christ

Thistle

Last edited:

Dant01

According to Matt 12:42, Luke 11:31, John 1:1-14, and Col 2:3; Christ trumps
Solomon, so beware of using proof texts from Ecclesiastes to impair, moderate,
and/or water down Christ's teachings related to the afterlife.

In addition: Christ is the voice of God (John 3:34, John 8:26, John 8:28, John
12:49, John 14:24) whereas there is not the slightest textual evidence in the book
of Ecclesiastes that Solomon was anybody's voice but his own when he wrote it.

To my knowledge, Solomon had never seen the afterlife for himself, viz: he wasn't
an expert witness; whereas Christ had seen the afterlife for himself and knew what
he was talking about.

John 3:31-32 . . He who comes from above is above all, he who is of the earth is
from the earth and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all.
What He has seen and heard, of that he bears witness.

Christ is also highly recommended, whereas to my knowledge, Solomon isn't.

Matt 17:5 . . This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved; listen to him.

So then, when encountering remarks in the book of Ecclesiastes that are out of step
with Christ's teachings in the New Testament; my unsolicited spiritual counseling is
to ignore Solomon and go with the wisdom of "my Son".

John 8:12 . . I am the light of the world. He that follows me will by no means
walk in darkness, but will possess the light of life.

FAQ: Doesn't the apostle Paul say that all Scripture is God breathed?

REPLY: There is a difference between inspiration and dictation.

Solomon was no doubt inspired to record his personal world view in the book of
Ecclesiastes, but we shouldn't assume his world view quotes God word-for-word the
way Christ does.

Buen Camino

(Pleasant Journey)
_

Thistle

According to Matt 12:42, Luke 11:31, John 1:1-14, and Col 2:3; Christ trumps
Solomon, so beware of using proof texts from Ecclesiastes to impair, moderate,
and/or water down Christ's teachings related to the afterlife.

In addition: Christ is the voice of God (John 3:34, John 8:26, John 8:28, John
12:49, John 14:24) whereas there is not the slightest textual evidence in the book
of Ecclesiastes that Solomon was anybody's voice but his own when he wrote it.

To my knowledge, Solomon had never seen the afterlife for himself, viz: he wasn't
an expert witness; whereas Christ had seen the afterlife for himself and knew what
he was talking about.

John 3:31-32 . . He who comes from above is above all, he who is of the earth is
from the earth and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all.
What He has seen and heard, of that he bears witness.

Christ is also highly recommended, whereas to my knowledge, Solomon isn't.

Matt 17:5 . . This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved; listen to him.

So then, when encountering remarks in the book of Ecclesiastes that are out of step
with Christ's teachings in the New Testament; my unsolicited spiritual counseling is
to ignore Solomon and go with the wisdom of "my Son".

John 8:12 . . I am the light of the world. He that follows me will by no means
walk in darkness, but will possess the light of life.

FAQ: Doesn't the apostle Paul say that all Scripture is God breathed?

REPLY: There is a difference between inspiration and dictation.

Solomon was no doubt inspired to record his personal world view in the book of
Ecclesiastes, but we shouldn't assume his world view quotes God word-for-word the
way Christ does.

Buen Camino

(Pleasant Journey)
_
What you've written here is extremely harmful and undermines the doctrine of inspiration significantly. We call the Bible "God's word" because it's inspired which means that it is in fact God's word. That means that the red letters in a red letter edition Bible are no more important than any of the other passages. We must take everything that is written in God's word in its own context but that does not mean it's not inspired. And so long as we're interpreting it in its context correctly, whatever we're learning is what God wants us to learn. There is not a single word in Ecclesiastes or the book of Proverbs or the book of Psalms that God did not know was going to be in those books before the foundations of the world were laid. Every notion that is in our Bible is there because God ordained it.

Joseph

Hi everyone, sorry I've been going through the ringer lately. On some days I feel doomed, as if I never had a choice. Then people tell me, "you're complaining isn't going to help." But I'm not complaining, I'm stating a fact, I did not ask to be born, so who's to decide if I want to continue living? Do we not have the death penalty? What makes me any different from Ted Bundy? Besides the fact I'm not a serial killer. The only difference really he didn't get a choice and was given death as a penalty. Those who are sick, seek death so they wouldn't have to suffer the pain. They want to go out with dignity. Would you want to go through the pain of a terminal illness all the way to the point of passing? Or would you rather put your trust in God knowing that you're ready to go home to him? I'm sure intention has a lot to do with eternity. Certainly a soldier who jumps on top of a grenade so he can save his platoon, isn't going to be treat the same as Jihad's believing 70 virgins await them.

Just a conversation I wanted to have. I like seeing different perspectives.
Thank you to everyone whos prayed for me and taken the time to check up on me.
I thought I knew Christ when I was preaching His Gospel to many... but I'm afraid I lead them down an even worser fate.
I live with this guilt. I tell myself that God has to understand I was brainwashed by a cult. But then it just confusing and even more ugly as I think about it.

#recovering #postculttrauma

God bless

Howie

Joseph, there are on-campus Christian Groups/Ministries at UCLA. Seek out the one from Grace Community Church, Sun Valley, CA

Thistle

Hi everyone, sorry I've been going through the ringer lately. On some days I feel doomed, as if I never had a choice. Then people tell me, "you're complaining isn't going to help." But I'm not complaining, I'm stating a fact, I did not ask to be born, so who's to decide if I want to continue living? Do we not have the death penalty? What makes me any different from Ted Bundy? Besides the fact I'm not a serial killer. The only difference really he didn't get a choice and was given death as a penalty. Those who are sick, seek death so they wouldn't have to suffer the pain. They want to go out with dignity. Would you want to go through the pain of a terminal illness all the way to the point of passing? Or would you rather put your trust in God knowing that you're ready to go home to him? I'm sure intention has a lot to do with eternity. Certainly a soldier who jumps on top of a grenade so he can save his platoon, isn't going to be treat the same as Jihad's believing 70 virgins await them.

I thought I knew Christ when I was preaching His Gospel to many... but I'm afraid I lead them down an even worser fate.
I live with this guilt. I tell myself that God has to understand I was brainwashed by a cult. But then it just confusing and even more ugly as I think about it.

God bless
Brother,

As I read your posts I can't help but be reminded of the story in first kings starting about chapter 17 of Elijah. He was experiencing great victory and just defeated 300 prophets of Bail when he came up against a kind of death sentence of his own, whereby Jezebel for all intents and purposes put out a contract on his life. Elijah went into desperation and into the wilderness and complained to God that perhaps it would've been better if he'd never even been born. However that may be, if you just read the story of his life to the end you'll see that God had a few more things for him to do. It included some administrative things that apparently God providentially wanted him to do like anointing a new king, but importantly it included the calling of Elisha his replacement. And then as you recall Elijah performed the number of miracles with Elisha in tow, and finally the Lord took him in a chariot of fire.

Before I say how I think this might apply to your situation I need to flesh out one of those books I mentioned in my post above "What the Bible says about God the ruler." It argues that the Bible teaches that God rules the universe by General Providence, and Special Providence, by Freewill, by miracles, predestination and prayer. In this story we see God's special Providence how God raised up Elijah to do certain work that he had assigned. And of course we know the extraordinary miracles that Elijah performed. We also see the operation of Elijah's free will he poured out his heart in desperation to God with an expression of a desire to really bring things to a conclusion.

Importantly Elijah didn't take any positive steps to precipitate his own end, and I think that's an important point of Elijah observing a moral principle. And is Jack argues in his book on God's sovereignty, through the power of prayer God is determined to rule the universe in collaboration with the objects of his redemption. Everything in Elijah's life from that point to the very end, is God providentially bringing about all of the business that was necessary for Elijah to do, in keeping with God's will, and for God ultimately to answer Elijah's prayer.

Reflecting on this, I can't help but think of Paul who writes about having been afflicted with a thorn in the flesh like a ministring Spirit to prevent him from becoming too elated in the grace of God. Both Elijah and Paul and all the rest of us are doomed to suffer the curse of death, but Paul dealt with it differently. At one point he said,

"For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. If it is to be life in the flesh, that means fruitful labor for me. Yet which I shall choose I cannot tell. I am hard pressed between the two. My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better. But to remain in the flesh is more necessary on your account." - Philippians 1:21-24 RSV​
So the question is what was Paul really wrestling with here? I think he was wrestling with the notion of whether or not to pray a prayer like the one that Elijah prayed. As suggested in Jack's book I think that God is happy to act on either prayer and optimistic prayer that focuses on what future service God might have by keeping us around or a prayer that says I'm ready to go come and take me. But it's clear to me that neither of these prayers envisioned preserving one's dignity in the indignity of death. Death is a curse and temporally speaking we are all going to suffer it. I think we ought to leave the details of exactly how God providentially works that out in his hands because we trust him. It seems to me that both Paul and Elijah were satisfied to trust God with this.

I hope you find something that I've said here worth consideration and well … Helpful. God bless you.

Always in the love of Christ,

An epistle from Thistle

Last edited:

Magdalena

Joseph… a wise therapist once told me “Feelings can’t hurt you. Just let them wash over you like waves, and then let them go.”

Feelings change. One day we might feel totally despondent and hopeless. And the next, we might be grateful to just be breathing and feeling anything at all. And the next, we might feel motivated to make the best of every minute we get, and be grateful for even the smallest moments of life. Or even take steps to make positive changes for ourselves.

There was a time I was bedridden for over a year with an illness that I didn’t think I would live thru. The pain was terrible, and I lost everything… my home, my car, my business, and the ability to walk or even move much. A kind friend took me in. I sometimes felt the way you described. Just wanting it to be over.

Someone suggested finding one tiny thing to be grateful for every day and writing it down. I thought it was kind of a trivial thing in light of the enormity of the obstacles. But I tried, and it was a struggle at first. One thing on the list the first time. Two the next. But that exercise helped me flip a switch and reset the way I thought and felt. Little by little I started seeing improvement, physically and emotionally. And even though the illness was still very difficult for years, my confidence in being able to deal with it grew, and so did my appreciation for life and the beauty around me.

One thing I know for sure is that you are loved by a Creator who will give you the strength and help you need to conquer the trials of life, and it is worth it. Talk to Him. Find joy and gratitude in the simple things and moments.

The world is a better place with you in it.

God bless you.

Last edited:

Josheb

God bless
Let's start small, simple, and plain:

Just a conversation I wanted to have.
Consider how this thread looks to us, because from the perspective of those reading the op it does not look like a conversation is wanted.

Are you willing to be honest with yourself?

Start small. Start simple and plain. Have the conversation.

God bless

There is nothing to be sorry about. We should always be in prayer for each other.

“Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed” (James 5:16).

“Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ” (Gal. 6:2).

The good news is that if you were truly saved you can’t lose your salvation.

“if we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself (2 Ti. 2:13).

“Everyone the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will never drive away” (John 6:37).

You need to pray and ask Jesus for confirmation of your salvation. Do you ever pray and seek Him? Do you read the bible?

“Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ” (Ro. 10:17).

Remember this is not only a spiritual battle against powers and principalities, but a battle of the body of flesh we still live in as opposed to the spiritual body (Holy Spirit) we are all joined in by salvation in Christ.

When we are saved we trust that through Jesus our flesh is crucified with Jesus and we become partakers of His sinless risen body.

“those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires” (Gal. 5:24).

However, the old sin nature still testifies from the dead blood of the flesh.

“And the LORD said, “What have you done? The voice of your brother’s blood is crying to me from the ground” (Gen. 4:10).

Jesus wasn’t risen yet so it wasn’t His blood crying out.

In contrast, when one is saved they are washed in the pure blood of Jesus, and the living waters of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit, pure blood of Jesus, and living water testify of the truth.

“So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I tell you, unless you eat the flesh and drink the blood of the Son of Man, you have no life in you. 54Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55For My flesh is real food, and My blood is real drink. 56Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood remains in Me, and I in him. 57Just as the living Father sent Me and I live because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on Me will live because of Me. 58This is the bread that came down from heaven. Unlike your fathers, who ate the manna and died, the one who eats this bread will live forever” (Jn 6:53-58).

“5Who then overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God. 6This is the One who came by water and blood, Jesus Christ—not by water alone, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies to this, because the Spirit is the truth. 7For there are three that testify:b 8the Spirit, the water, and the blood—and these three are in agreement” (1 Jn. 5:7-8).

“And this is that testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life” (1 Jn. 5:11-12).

“He saved us, not by the righteous deeds we had done, but according to His mercy, through the washing of new birth and renewal by the Holy Spirit” (Titus 3:5).

It is not about analyzing yourself. If you are at the time believing the testimony of the dead blood because you still are in your earthly tent, you will continue to go through the ringer. Dead blood does not give spiritual life but tries to get you to believe in sin and death. However, if you by faith (not feelings) trust in the truth of the true God of the bible, you will walk in the Spirit and be free of the agony.

Sinful impulses come from the flesh and deception from the dead blood and from evil powers…

“For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places” (Eph. 6:12).

“For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world” (1 Jn. 2:16).

And the only way to overcome is by prayer, reading the bible, by faith believing the truth, coupled with desire to change and effort.

“We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ” (2 Co. 10:5).

And don’t trust opinion over God’s Word.