Would you use an update to the King James Version?

Hi, I would love to hear the community’s feedback about using an update to the King James Version. I love the KJV. But the translation is in the main about 400 years old (spelling changes were made in 1769). So if there were an update that simply and accurately updated the KJV, making no changes except updating the archaic language, would you want to use it? What would be your thoughts generally about such an update? It would be great to hear what you all think. May God be glorified.

This pastor began his messages reading from the KJV.

He would then exgete the Hebrew and Greek text, adding when needed the historical background, as to give the listener a perspective enabling us to think along within the time in history it was written. https://rbthieme.org/index.html#tabs-3

God will provide for all our needs.

Hi, I would love to hear the community’s feedback about using an update to the King James Version. I love the KJV. But the translation is in the main about 400 years old (spelling changes were made in 1769). So if there were an update that simply and accurately updated the KJV, making no changes except updating the archaic language, would you want to use it? What would be your thoughts generally about such an update? It would be great to hear what you all think. May God be glorified.
I have several xKJVs on my phone and my computer. The 'x' is for A, M, U (American, Modern, Updated), as well as KJ2000, and KJ3. There is quite a selection out there.

Personally, I use multiple translations and compare them. Having studied Spanish back in High School, I realize the difficulties translation presents. E. g. "en" in Spanish can mean "in", "on", or "at", so figuring out what the author meant can be a challenge! (And pity poor Raul, who has to decide which of three words is correct!)

--Rich

Back