Year for a day?

Hi Trevor,

you are correct I am a former and yes I can spot a false prophet from a mile away.
Having been a pastors kid I have sat through more Daniel and revelation seminars than I care to remember.
I do not hold I’m a spiritual Israel
position Romans 9,10 and 11 are very clear that Israel have as much plans by God than the “church”. I repented from that sin as soon as I found out about it.

I therefore look forward to the Jews coming to Jesus and watch expectantly to events in Jerusalem.

Sdas believe that in the millennium we will be in heaven, that the SDAS will be looking at all the records of people and either agreeing with or disagreeing with God. The job of the sda is to vindicate God and the only way to do that is to keep the 10c’s but most importantly the 4th one. It’s the sabbath that will save you ultimately not Jesus.

Welcome to the board.

Formersda, how do you expect to go to heaven if you continue sinning? And sin is a transgression of the Law. Jesus cleanses us of our past sins, not future sins. The only thing SDA's and I differ on is what laws we should keep. SDA still keep the Old Covenant laws, whereas the New Coevenant has its own to keep, PLUS to mature the fruit of the Spirit. You seem to believe in no law at all. Total disobedience.

Last edited:
Sdas believe that in the millennium we will be in heaven, that the SDAS will be looking at all the records of people and either agreeing with or disagreeing with God. The job of the sda is to vindicate God and the only way to do that is to keep the 10c’s but most importantly the 4th one. It’s the sabbath that will save you ultimately not Jesus.
Personally, as an ex-SDA I have never heard Formersda's claim of what an Adventist believes. I don't believe SDA's believe that, do they? But if they do, by what scripture text?

This, in particular:
Sdas believe that in the millennium we will be in heaven, that the SDAS will be looking at all the records of people and either agreeing with or disagreeing with God.

Hi CharismaticLady,

SDAs believe that in the millennium we will be in heaven.
✅ Yes, this is what the Bible teaches.
SDAs will be looking at all the records of people and either agreeing with or disagreeing with God.
✅ The Bible teaches that "someday we believers will judge the world?" 1Cor. 6:2
The job of the SDA is to vindicate God and the only way to do that is to keep the 10c’s but most importantly the 4th one.
Not quite. All redeemed believers will be judging the world and ultimately vindicating God's character. It's incongruous to jump from that to "the 10c's" and even more so to claim that the most important is the 4th one. According to James if you break one you've broken them all. Adventists merely draw attention to the one command which God says to remember which most seem deperate to forget. Ironic, huh?

But you're saying you were an Adventist and didn't know about the millennium in heaven?

God bless!

Hi CharismaticLady,

I was asking if as an Adventist you were not taught about the millennium in heaven.

What makes you believe the millennium will be on Earth?
Because Christ will be on earth ruling during the Millennium. We will be with Him in our new bodies.

Hi CharismaticLady,

I was asking if as an Adventist you were not taught about the millennium in heaven.

What makes you believe the millennium will be on Earth?
Read Zechariah 14. That is the second coming and His feet will touch the earth.

And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives,
Which faces Jerusalem on the east.
And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two,
From east to west,

Thus the Lord my God will come,
And all the saints with You.

8 And in that day it shall be
That living waters shall flow from Jerusalem,
Half of them toward the eastern sea
And half of them toward the western sea;
In both summer and winter it shall occur.
9 And the Lord shall be King over all the earth.
In that day it shall be—
“The Lord is one,”
And His name one.

Read Zechariah 14. That is the second coming and His feet will touch the earth.

And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives,
Which faces Jerusalem on the east.
And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two,
From east to west,

Thus the Lord my God will come,
And all the saints with You.

8 And in that day it shall be
That living waters shall flow from Jerusalem,
Half of them toward the eastern sea
And half of them toward the western sea;
In both summer and winter it shall occur.
9 And the Lord shall be King over all the earth.
In that day it shall be—
“The Lord is one,”
And His name one.
Adventists believe this happens after the millennium.

Hi CharismaticLady,

SDAs believe that in the millennium we will be in heaven.
✅ Yes, this is what the Bible teaches.
SDAs will be looking at all the records of people and either agreeing with or disagreeing with God.
✅ The Bible teaches that "someday we believers will judge the world?" 1Cor. 6:2
The job of the SDA is to vindicate God and the only way to do that is to keep the 10c’s but most importantly the 4th one.
Not quite. All redeemed believers will be judging the world and ultimately vindicating God's character. It's incongruous to jump from that to "the 10c's" and even more so to claim that the most important is the 4th one. According to James if you break one you've broken them all. Adventists merely draw attention to the one command which God says to remember which most seem deperate to forget. Ironic, huh?

But you're saying you were an Adventist and didn't know about the millennium in heaven?

God bless!
Well knock me over I got something right! Let me just allow this.

What would happen to someone if they both annulled one of the commandments and taught others to do so?

Adventists believe this happens after the millennium.
I don't think so; at least not when I was SDA.

Formersda, are you angry at the SDA denomination for your time inside of it. I used to be until I saw the denominations that are so much worse! At least SDA's will go to heaven. Other denominations teach nothing but doctrines of demons - faith only, no law, so do as you like.

I love SDA's. (Especially Choplets! LOL)Even though they believe the New Covenant is part of the Old Covenant, which it is not, they at least believe in strick obedience, and God will honor them. They merely added Jesus to the Old Covenant. I also believe in strict obedience in the commandments of Jesus and everything God speaks to me verbally. No I do not keep the old sign of the Sabbath day because it is a letter of the law commandment. I am filled with the Spirit and the Spirit of the Sabbath is Jesus Himself, with Him inside me, and me one with Him. The new Sabbath is called abiding in God and is of the Spirit not the letter.

Last edited:
No, actually he's correct.
What makes you believe we won't be with Christ while He rules on earth. He touches the earth and splits the Mt. of Olives in two? He will be KING over all the earth. Zech. 14:9. Jesus says He will always be with us. But you think we won't be with Him??? Being with Jesus is the best part of heaven! But if He is King over all the earth, this is where I want to be. With Him. Not just angels.

Last edited:
What did you think of the scriptures that contradict your belief?
After many years of eschatology I have reached the point where this is not a salvational issue . What is salvational is Jesus Christ, so I’m not bothered by someone else‘s view of the future unless they make it salvational.
Prophecy is best interpreted after the event, there are so many views of the future but the main thing is Jesus Christ.

TIMELINE: THE SECOND COMING

What did you think of the scriptures that contradict your belief?

Hi CharismaticLady,

It only contradicts my belief if one misplaces it in the timeline of apocalyptic events. Let's try to build a biblical timeline which may help us determine the answer to the original question.

Jesus taught that there will be two general resurrections:

John 5:28-29
"Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear [the voice of Jesus] and come out—those who have done good will rise to live,1 and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned."

The book of Revelation confirms this fact, but also:

Revelation 20:4-6
“I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.2 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.3) This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them4, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.”2

By examining these two passages we can determine that:
  1. When Christ returns "those who have done good will rise to live."
  2. Those who take part in the "first resurrection" "will reign with him for a thousand years"
  3. Those who did not do good and who do not take part in the first resurrection, will be raised to life after the thousand years are ended.
  4. There will be a "second death" which will have "no power" over "those who have done good."
Is there any disagreement with these conclusions?

Formersda, how do you expect to go to heaven if you continue sinning? And sin is a transgression of the Law. Jesus cleanses us of our past sins, not future sins. The only thing SDA's and I differ on is what laws we should keep. SDA still keep the Old Covenant laws, whereas the New Coevenant has its own to keep, PLUS to mature the fruit of the Spirit. You seem to believe in no law at all. Total disobedience.
The Bible is very clear that we are sinners, but the blood of Jesus is what cleanses us from sin. Romans 6:10 “ For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all. Hebrews 9:28 “So Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him”.

No one is perfect only God is perfect, that’s why we need a saviour otherwise what would be the purpose of Jesus dying if we could do it ourselves.
Once you are born again it’s the Holy Spirit that convicts you of sin, and yes the Law does show us what sin is and we are to keep God’s law but to say we don’t sin is contrary to Scripture namely 1st John 1:8-10 “ If we say we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

Jesus‘s sacrifice was the perfect lamb of God that covered once and for all sin, otherwise He would have to be sacrificed over and over because without boood there is no remission of sin.

Jesus has paid the penalty of the Law which we break day in and day out. If you say you keep the Law I refer you to the above in 1st John.

I get annoyed at any organisation that teaches untruth, but my experience is the SDA church and that’s what I can speak to.

I follow Jesus alone and that’s all I need to do completely rest in Him for everything.

We are to follow Gods law I never have said we don’t, however I do differenciate what is Jewish Law and not binding on me. Christianity is not about church it’s a way of life, what is the point of going to church on sabbath and ignoring the person who is hungry or thirsty but you think your ok because you’ve gone to church. The problem is following those set of rules puts people into a false sense of comfort. It is very easy to pretend obedience, if you think you’ve kept sabbath because you went to church is completely wrong.

the problem with all religions is when they make rules up which on the face look good but are putting more requirements onto people than God legislated. So for instance I know of some who say you shouldn’t go to the theatre yet that is not in the Bible but they judge others on their own scruples.

One of the requirements for baptism in the SDA church is not drinking, that would exclude Jesus and Peter, where is that in the Bible? Jesus was not accused of being a drunkard because He drank welches grape juice, or they wouldn’t be worried about putting new grape juice into old wine skins. If you went to Israel and told the Jews that the wine in the Bible is actually grape juice you’d be laughed to scorn. But what does Jesus require for salvation?

Last edited:
TIMELINE: THE SECOND COMING

Hi CharismaticLady,

It only contradicts my belief if one misplaces it in the timeline of apocalyptic events. Let's try to build a biblical timeline which may help us determine the answer to the original question.

Jesus taught that there will be two general resurrections:

"Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear [the voice of Jesus] and come out—those who have done good will rise to live,1 and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned."

The book of Revelation confirms this fact, but also:

“I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.2 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.3) This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them4, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.”2

By examining these two passages we can determine that:
  1. When Christ returns "those who have done good will rise to live."
  2. Those who take part in the "first resurrection" "will reign with him for a thousand years"
  3. Those who did not do good and who do not take part in the first resurrection, will be raised to life after the thousand years are ended.
  4. There will be a "second death" which will have "no power" over "those who have done good."
Is there any disagreement with these conclusions?

The first resurrection are the martyrs. They will reign with Christ on earth for 1000 years, after which the second resurrection will happen of both the saved and unsaved. Only those whose names are not written in the Book of Life will be cast into the lake of fire. This implies that there will be some raised in the second resurrection whose names ARE written in the Book of Life. This has to do with those who died after the New Covenant started. Those who died up until the end of the Old Covenant who put their trust in God were raised with Christ at His resurrection and are in heaven now. The wicked will be raised at the second resurrection after the 1000 years.

Number 2 above does not indicate that those who are raised in the first resurrection reign with Christ in heaven, but on earth. Where do you get the idea this takes place in heaven?

The Bible is very clear that we are sinners, but the blood of Jesus is what cleanses us from sin. Romans 6:10 “ For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all. Hebrews 9:28 “So Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him”.

No one is perfect only God is perfect, that’s why we need a saviour otherwise what would be the purpose of Jesus dying if we could do it ourselves.
Once you are born again it’s the Holy Spirit that convicts you of sin, and yes the Law does show us what sin is and we are to keep God’s law but to say we don’t sin is contrary to Scripture namely 1st John 1:8-10 “ If we say we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

Jesus‘s sacrifice was the perfect lamb of God that covered once and for all sin, otherwise He would have to be sacrificed over and over because without boood there is no remission of sin.

Jesus has paid the penalty of the Law which we break day in and day out. If you say you keep the Law I refer you to the above in 1st John.

I get annoyed at any organisation that teaches untruth, but my experience is the SDA church and that’s what I can speak to.

I follow Jesus alone and that’s all I need to do completely rest in Him for everything.

We are to follow Gods law I never have said we don’t, however I do differenciate what is Jewish Law and not binding on me. Christianity is not about church it’s a way of life, what is the point of going to church on sabbath and ignoring the person who is hungry or thirsty but you think your ok because you’ve gone to church. The problem is following those set of rules puts people into a false sense of comfort. It is very easy to pretend obedience, if you think you’ve kept sabbath because you went to church is completely wrong.

the problem with all religions is when they make rules up which on the face look good but are putting more requirements onto people than God legislated. So for instance I know of some who say you shouldn’t go to the theatre yet that is not in the Bible but they judge others on their own scruples.

One of the requirements for baptism in the SDA church is not drinking, that would exclude Jesus and Peter, where is that in the Bible? Jesus was not accused of being a drunkard because He drank welches grape juice, or they wouldn’t be worried about putting new grape juice into old wine skins. If you went to Israel and told the Jews that the wine in the Bible is actually grape juice you’d be laughed to scorn. But what does Jesus require for salvation?

Except for keeping the Sabbath day you seem to believe along the same lines as Seventh-day Adventists. Don't they believe as you do that 1 John 1:8 is referring to Christians, and that Jesus paid the penalty of the Law? There is not much difference between you and them in that regard.

You said, "Jesus‘s sacrifice was the perfect lamb of God that covered once and for all sin, otherwise He would have to be sacrificed over and over because without blood there is no remission of sin." This is true that without blood there is no remission of sin, but the blood of Jesus did more than forgive us our sins. Do you know what I'm referring to?

cc: @Icyspark

The first resurrection are the martyrs. They will reign with Christ on earth for 1000 years, after which the second resurrection will happen of both the saved and unsaved. Only those whose names are not written in the Book of Life will be cast into the lake of fire. This implies that there will be some raised in the second resurrection whose names ARE written in the Book of Life. This has to do with those who died after the New Covenant started. Those who died up until the end of the Old Covenant who put their trust in God were raised with Christ at His resurrection and are in heaven now. The wicked will be raised at the second resurrection after the 1000 years.

Number 2 above does not indicate that those who are raised in the first resurrection reign with Christ in heaven, but on earth. Where do you get the idea this takes place in heaven?

Hi CharismaticLady,

"Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear [the voice of Jesus] and come out—those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned."

Above we see two resurrections. In the first resurrection those who are raised are the ones "who have done good." In the second resurrection those who are raised are "those who have done evil." So "all who are in their graves" will be raised. Some will rise to live. Others will rise to be condemned.

“I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.”

Since John indicates that there will only be two resurrections ("those who have done good" and "those who have done evil") then the resurrection indicated in this passage of those who are "blessed and holy" are the equivalent of "those who have done good."

Icy why you are claiming that this is a resurrection of martyrs but if one were to rigidly apply this understanding then you would have to conclude that it is only those martyrs who were beheaded. That would likely be a very small group. But hey, John the baptist and Paul would be among this group!

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

When Christ returns He will be coming "down from heaven," and "the dead in Christ will rise first ... to meet the Lord in the air." Your premise is that Christ is already on this Earth so what is the point of having Him lift off the Earth such that He can turn around to then "come down from heaven"? Then too, why do you suppose that He's going to resurrect the "dead in Christ" to "meet the Lord in the air"? This is all the righteous who are being "caught up together ... in the clouds." What? Do you suppose Christ is bringing them into the air to give them a celestial hug only to immediately set them down again? No.

John 14:2-3
My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

Jesus says He is coming back to take us to be with Him, to the place He's preparing for us. This is why the redeemed will be meeting Him "in the air." He's taking us with Him to His "Father's house." That's not on this Earth. That's currently in heaven. There we will "reign with Him for a thousand years." This planet will be at rest as all human life will have been "destroyed by the brightness of His coming." No evil person will be alive during the millennium. All the wicked will be dead when He returns the third time.

After the thousand years are finished Jesus will return to this Earth again, bringing the redeemed and the new Jerusalem with Him:

Revelation 3:12
The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.

Revelation 21:3-8
I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”
At this point the new Jerusalem, or the place Jesus went to prepare for the redeemed, has now been brought "down" to this planet. The redeemed are with Him. "God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them."

Then comes the second resurrection of "those who have done evil."

Romans 14:11
It is written: “‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.’”

Both the redeemed and the now resurrected wicked will together bow and "acknowledge God.'

I pray this helps.

Icy;
you need to rethink your position
as Paul says
the things written are examples for that generation to come
"upon whom the ends of the world come"

Read Gen. Ch 24 very, very carefully

Who sent who to go get Isaac (the promised son) a Bride
Abraham sent his most trusted Servant
he did not send the Servants of Isaac (the promised son)
nor did he send Sarah; Isaac's (the promised son's) mother
nor did he send Isaac (the promised son) to get his own Bride

notice Isaac (the promised son) did not send his servants
(the 12 Apostles in the NT)
nor did Isaac go with the Servant of Abraham

And the servant took ten camels of the camels of his master,
and departed;
for all the goods of his master were in his hand:
and he arose, and went to Mesopotamia,
unto the city of Nahor.​

#2: After finding a bride Who tried to delay
the Servant and Rebekah, the Chosen Bride
And her brother and her mother said,​
Let the damsel abide with us a few days,​
at the least ten; after that she shall go.​
56 And he said unto them,​
Hinder me not, seeing the Lord hath prospered my way;​
send me away that I may go to my master.​

#3: After finding the Bride, did he go home
and then report to Abraham, then take Isaac
or anyone else back too Nahor's home
and introduce him to his Bride
Beware thou that thou bring not my son thither again.​
No he did not
in fact, he was forbidden to take Isaac there;
even if the chosen Bride would not come
And the servant said unto him,​
Peradventure the woman will not be willing to follow me unto this land:
must I needs bring thy son again unto the land from whence thou camest?​
And Abraham said unto him,​
Beware thou that thou bring not my son thither again.
if the woman will not be willing to follow thee,
then thou shalt be clear from this my oath:
only bring not my son thither again.​

Icy;
Christ is not coming back to get his Bride;
The Father will send his most trusted Servant
The Archangel; to come get the Bride and take her to Christ
Not the other way around

------The Wedding----
at the wedding there will be
the Father and Mother, Christ and the "Best Men" = friends of the Bridegroom
He that hath the bride is the bridegroom:
but the friend of the bridegroom,
which standeth and heareth him,
rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice:
this my joy therefore is fulfilled.​

The Bride and all her Bridesmaids = the Daughters of Jerusalem
Song of Solomon
and the "The Guest" at the Wedding
Icy;
Christ does not marry his best men nor all the bridesmaids
and ""ONLY the Bride"" goes into the Bridal Chamber
and no one else ; no not one

another little hint recorded there
And Isaac went out to meditate in the field at the eventide:
and he lifted up his eyes, and saw,
and, behold, the camels were coming.

64 And Rebekah lifted up her eyes,
and when she saw Isaac, she lighted off the camel.

65 For she had said unto the servant,
What man is this that walketh in the field to meet us?
(Who is this man coming to meet us)
And the servant had said,
It is my master:
therefore she took a vail, and covered herself.

Gen.24:67
And Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah's tent,
and took Rebekah, and she became his wife;​

Is Christ coming back
Yes

But only after the Wedding has already happened in heaven
then Christ, his Bride, and all the wedding party
will come for the wedding feast

Hopefully you know that Parable
[

Last edited:
Back