Yes or No (or It's Complicated)

[Previous post continued

[25] Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever[God calls the Son, God]: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
[26] Heb 3:3 For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house.
4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.
[27] Phi 2:6 Who, being [existing] in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
[28] 1 Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh[Jesus called God], is justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
[29] 1 Tim 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ[Jesus called God], which is our hope;
[30] 1 Tim 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;[The lamb is king of kings, Rev 17:14, Jesus is king of kings, Rev 19:16, God is Lord of Lords Deu 10:17]
[31] Tit 2:13
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ[Jesus called God];
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
[32] 2 Pet 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ[Jesus called God]:
[33] 1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life[Jesus called God]
[34] Rev 17:14
These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings[יהוה/YHWH, Deu 10:17]: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
[35] Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS[יהוה/YHWH, Deu 10:17].
[36] Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be[יהוה/YHWH, Isa 40:10].
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.[יהוה/YHWH, Isa 44:6][/indent]
3. There is one God! The Holy Spirit is called/referred to as God, in scripture, but the Spirit is not the Father or the Son. Acts 5:3-4, Acts 28:25-27.
Scripture which identify the Holy Spirit as God
Act 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
This passage, Act 5:3-4, above, identifies the Holy Spirit as God by equating lying to the H.S. with lying to God.
Act 28:25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.​
This passage Act 28:25-27, above, identifies the Holy Spirit as YHWH by saying the H.S. spoke words which were spoken by YHWH, in Isa 6:8-10, below.
Isa 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, [יהוה/YHWH] saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed
Heb 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. [O.T. see יהוה/YHWH, Jer 31:33-34]
This passage, Heb 10:15-17, above, identifies the Holy Spirit as YHWH by saying words spoken by YHWH, in Jer 31:33-34, below, were spoken by the H.S.
Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, [יהוה/YHWH] I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more
Heb 3:7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. [O.T. יהוה/YHWH, Ps 95:10]
[/b] So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.) [O.T. יהוה/YHWH, Deu 1:34-35]
This passage, Heb 3:7-11, above, identifies the Holy Spirit as YHWH by saying words spoken by YHWH in Psa 95:10-11, and Deu 1:34-35, below, were spoken by the Holy Spirit.
Psa 95:10 Forty years long was I b][יהוה/YHWH vs. 6][/b]grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
11 Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.
Deu 1:34 And the LORD [יהוה/YHWH] heard the voice of your words, and was wroth, and sware, saying,
35 Surely there shall not one of these men of this evil generation see that good land, which I sware to give unto your fathers,​
There is one God! The Father, the Son, and the Spirit, all three are called/ referred to as God, in scripture, but each has a distinct mind, will, and self; John 16:13, 1 Cor 12:11, Philippians 2:5, John 5:26, Rom 8:27, Matthew 26:39.

I would prefer that you NOT twist what I say or put words in my mouth. Think you can do that or is it too difficult.
What did I twist, and what words did I put in your mouth?
"This makes no sense." Please point out exactly how what I said does not make sense to you and I will try to dumb it down.
The statement "that one God is also a king but "king" is not our God" is an incoherent thought.
Nonsense. Nothing I posted is off topic. Trinitarians do NOT worship "trinity." We worship God who has manifested Himself as triune.
So, what you're saying is that even though you believe in a triune God(, ie "the Trinity"), this triune God/Trinity is not the 'one God' of the Trinitarian, correct?
The absurdity of your question is demonstrated by comparing it to God's other titles. God is king. But we do not worship king. God is savior. But we do not worship savior. etc. etc. etc.
So what you're saying now is that "the Trinity" is simply one of God's titles, correct?

(If not, this response is absurd.)
Anti-Trinitarians endlessly squabble and bicker about words, used by Trinitarians, trying to express the nature of God, as revealed in scripture, e.g. Trinity,””triune,””person,""being,""entity,""substance,""essence,"”nature,””who," Hypostatic union," etc., etc., All words are inherently finite and imperfect, therefore these words, and/or any other words, are totally inadequate to describe God, the infinite, perfect, omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent. But the fact that human words are finite, limited and imperfect does not prove or disprove anything about the doctrine of the Trinity.
I didn't ask anyone here to define anything. I asked a simple question.
.....Here yet again scriptural truths I have posted before, without any so-called unscriptural words or man made doctrines.
1. There is one God! The Father is called/referred to as God, in scripture, but the Father is not the Son or the Spirit. Numerous vss. e.g., John 6:27, Gal 1:1, Gal 1:3, Eph 6:23, Philippians 2:11, 1 Thess 1:1, 2 Tim 1:2, Titus 1:4, 1 Peter 1:2, 2 Peter 1:17 et. al.
2. There is one God! The Son is called/referred to as God, in scripture, but the Son is not the Father or the Spirit. Thirty six (36) scripture which address or refer to Jesus as God, Matt 1:23, Isa 9:6, Luke 7:16, John 1:1, 3, 4, 10, 14, 18, 10:33, 5:18,8: 58, 12;24, 14:9, 17:5, 10, 20:28, Act 20:28, Rom 9:5, 2 Cor 4:4, Col 1:14-16, 2:9, Eph 3:9, Heb 1:1:2-3, 8-12, 3:3, Phi 2:6, 1 Tim 1:1, 3:16, 6:15, Tit 2;13, 2 Pet 1:1, 1 John 5:20, Rev 17:14, 19;16, 22:12-13
[1] Mat 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.​
[2] Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.​
[3]Luk 7:16 And there came a fear on all: and they glorified God, saying, That a great prophet is risen up among us; and, That God hath visited his people.​
[4] Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.​
[5] Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.​
[6] Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him[God created the world, Gen 1:1][/color], and the world knew him not.​
[7] Joh 1:14 And the Word [acting on Himself] became flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.​
[8] Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten God, μονογενὴς θεὸς ] which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.​
[9] John 10:30 I and my Father are one.​
[10] Joh 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. [Jewish leaders speaking]
[11] Joh 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.[John speaking]
[12] Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, before Abraham was, I am [ אהיה/ehyeh, I am, Ex 3:14].​
[13] John 12:41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his [Jesus] glory, and spake of him[יהוה/YHWH, Isa 6:1ff].​
Posting numerous scriptures where the word "God" is (supposedly) used of multiple "persons" in no way makes them the same "God.

[Previous post continued

[25] Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever[God calls the Son, God]: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
[26] Heb 3:3 For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house.
4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.
[27] Phi 2:6 Who, being [existing] in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
[28] 1 Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh[Jesus called God], is justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
[29] 1 Tim 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ[Jesus called God], which is our hope;
[30] 1 Tim 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;[The lamb is king of kings, Rev 17:14, Jesus is king of kings, Rev 19:16, God is Lord of Lords Deu 10:17]
[31] Tit 2:13
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ[Jesus called God];
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
[32] 2 Pet 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ[Jesus called God]:
[33] 1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life[Jesus called God]
[34] Rev 17:14
These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings[יהוה/YHWH, Deu 10:17]: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
[35] Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS[יהוה/YHWH, Deu 10:17].
[36] Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be[יהוה/YHWH, Isa 40:10].
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.[יהוה/YHWH, Isa 44:6][/indent]
3. There is one God! The Holy Spirit is called/referred to as God, in scripture, but the Spirit is not the Father or the Son. Acts 5:3-4, Acts 28:25-27.
Scripture which identify the Holy Spirit as God
Act 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?​
4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
This passage, Act 5:3-4, above, identifies the Holy Spirit as God by equating lying to the H.S. with lying to God.
Act 28:25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:​
27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.​
This passage Act 28:25-27, above, identifies the Holy Spirit as YHWH by saying the H.S. spoke words which were spoken by YHWH, in Isa 6:8-10, below.
Isa 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, [יהוה/YHWH] saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.​
9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.​
10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed​
Heb 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,​
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;​
17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. [O.T. see יהוה/YHWH, Jer 31:33-34]
This passage, Heb 10:15-17, above, identifies the Holy Spirit as YHWH by saying words spoken by YHWH, in Jer 31:33-34, below, were spoken by the H.S.
Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, [יהוה/YHWH] I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.​
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more​
Heb 3:7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,​
8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:​
9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.​
10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. [O.T. יהוה/YHWH, Ps 95:10]
11[/b] So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.) [O.T. יהוה/YHWH, Deu 1:34-35]
This passage, Heb 3:7-11, above, identifies the Holy Spirit as YHWH by saying words spoken by YHWH in Psa 95:10-11, and Deu 1:34-35, below, were spoken by the Holy Spirit.
Psa 95:10 Forty years long was I b][יהוה/YHWH vs. 6][/b]grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:​
11 Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.​
Deu 1:34 And the LORD [יהוה/YHWH] heard the voice of your words, and was wroth, and sware, saying,​
35 Surely there shall not one of these men of this evil generation see that good land, which I sware to give unto your fathers,​
There is one God! The Father, the Son, and the Spirit, all three are called/ referred to as God, in scripture, but each has a distinct mind, will, and self; John 16:13, 1 Cor 12:11, Philippians 2:5, John 5:26, Rom 8:27, Matthew 26:39.
Again, posting numerous scriptures where the word "God" is used of multiple "persons" in no way makes them "one God".

Again, posting numerous scriptures where the word "God" is used of multiple "persons" in no way makes them "one God".
This reply is about the same as some kindergartner in the playground saying "I'm right and you're wrong! Am too! Nuh huh! I already addressed your "other people are called gods." It would help if you actually read my post instead of the same old knee jerk nonsense which does not address anything. My comments are in [brackets] try reading them. How about John 20:28? Would a devout Jew call Jesus "My Lord and my God" if He was his God?

Last edited:
The statement "that one God is also a king but "king" is not our God" is an incoherent thought.
Try actually reading my posts or quit wasting band width. If my statement that "God is is king , but king is not our God" is incoherent so is your statement i.e. Trinity is our God. The words God and king are not interchangeable. All of God is not comprehended in the word trinity, just as all of God is not comprehended in the word king etc.

This reply is about the same as some kindergartner in the playground saying "I'm right and you're wrong! Am too! Nuh huh! I already addressed your "other people are called gods." It would help if you actually read my post instead of the same old knee jerk nonsense which does not address anything. My comments are in [brackets] try reading them. How about John 20:28? Would a devout Jew call Jesus "My Lord and my God" if He was his God?
He didn't(, which is why Jesus didn't acknowledge Thomas addressed him as such).

But let's imagine he did: how does that prove that Jesus and his God (John 20:17) are the same God?

Try actually reading my posts or quit wasting band width. If my statement that "God is is king , but king is not our God" is incoherent so is your statement i.e. Trinity is our God. The words God and king are not interchangeable. All of God is not comprehended in the word trinity, just as all of God is not comprehended in the word king etc.
I read your post. But your examples are meaningless because "Trinity"is not a title (as is king).

Moreover, Trinity is defined as "one God in three persons". Simply put(, according to Trinitarianism), the Trinity is "the triune God"(, ie, the Godhead).

He didn't(, which is why Jesus didn't acknowledge Thomas addressed him as such).
But let's imagine he did: how does that prove that Jesus and his God (John 20:17) are the same God?
Do you know anything at all about Greek? Thomas said "The Lord of me and the God of me." He didn't say "a lord of me and a god of me." How many gods did a devout Jew have? Jesus did acknowledge Thomas. If what jThomas said was wrong Jesus would have corrected him. He didn't.

I read your post. But your examples are meaningless because "Trinity"is not a title (as is king).
Moreover, Trinity is defined as "one God in three persons". Simply put(, according to Trinitarianism), the Trinity is "the triune God"(, ie, the Godhead).
Your reply is meaningless. Triunity is an attribute of God much the same as omnipotence. We don't worship omnipotence we worship God. We don't worship "Trinity" we worship God. And obtw I do not require instruction on any attribute of God from folks who do not know or understand what they are talking about. If you did we would not be having this discussion.

I said no idea about you calling me a "Sabellianist".
Your post was unclear.

Nevertheless, Scripture is clear about many things:

"Jesus Christ is the son of God" (John 20:31),
"the head of the man is Christ, the head of woman is the man, and the head of Christ is God" (1 Corinthians 11:3), and the phrase "one God" is only used of the Father of Jesus.

So, I'm not sure how "Scripture is clear that the one God has manifests Himself as three".

Your post was unclear.

Nevertheless, Scripture is clear about many things:

"Jesus Christ is the son of God" (John 20:31),
"the head of the man is Christ, the head of woman is the man, and the head of Christ is God" (1 Corinthians 11:3), and the phrase "one God" is only used of the Father of Jesus.

So, I'm not sure how "Scripture is clear that the one God has manifests Himself as three".
John 10:31 seems to be talking economically, not ontologically. This is of course presupposing that Jesus is God.

Lets discuss 1 Timothy 3:15-16. Who is the "He" in verse 16 referring to?

Do you know anything at all about Greek? Thomas said "The Lord of me and the God of me." He didn't say "a lord of me and a god of me."
I know what Thomas said. However, note the conversation:
So the other disciples were saying to him, “We have seen the Lord!” But he said to them, “Unless I see in his hands the imprint of the nails, and put my finger into the place of the nails, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”
Here, we notice that Thomas disbelieved that Jesus had been resurrected. Continuing on:
Eight days later his disciples were again inside, and Thomas was with them. Jesus came, the doors having been shut, and stood in their midst and said, “Peace be to you.” Then he said to Thomas, “Place your finger here, and see my hands; and take your hand and put it into my side; and do not continue in disbelief, but be a believer.”
Jesus, therefore, appears and presents his scars so that Thomas will (go from disbelief to) believe that he had risen.
Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus *said to him, “Because you have seen me, have you now believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”
After Thomas answers, Jesus only addresses that Thomas believes he's been resurrected(, and states others are blessed for not having to see but yet believe he rose from the dead).

How many gods did a devout Jew have?
"My Father—of whom you say, ‘He is our God’..." (John 8:54)

So, the God of the Jews was Jesus' Father.
Jesus did acknowledge Thomas.
He acknowledged that Thomas believed (he had been resurrected).
If what Thomas said was wrong Jesus would have corrected him. He didn't.
There was nothing for Jesus to correct as he didn't understand Thomas to be calling him his Lord and God. (Compare Luke 8:21.)

Are you sure you've mentioned the right scripture?

He is Jesus(--God's son).
Sorry, meant 1 Corinthians 11:3.

Where do you see Jesus(or God's Son) in these verses?

1 Timothy 3:15-16 ESV

15 if I delay, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, a pillar and buttress of the truth. 16 Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness:

He[a] was manifested in the flesh,
vindicated[b] by the Spirit,[c]
seen by angels,
proclaimed among the nations,
believed on in the world,
taken up in glory.

I know what Thomas said. However, note the conversation:
Here, we notice that Thomas disbelieved that Jesus had been resurrected. Continuing on:
Jesus, therefore, appears and presents his scars so that Thomas will (go from disbelief to) believe that he had risen.
After Thomas answers, Jesus only addresses that Thomas believes he's been resurrected(, and states others are blessed for not having to see but yet believe he rose from the dead).
"My Father—of whom you say, ‘He is our God’..." (John 8:54)
So, the God of the Jews was Jesus' Father.
He acknowledged that Thomas believed (he had been resurrected).
There was nothing for Jesus to correct as he didn't understand Thomas to be calling him his Lord and God. (Compare Luke 8:21.)
Nothing but nothing you can possibly say gets around John 20:28.
.....John 20:28
.....28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
Here is what John said and understood "Thomas answered [Jesus] and said unto Him [Jesus] 'the Lord of me and the God of me.'" Both John and Thomas were Jews a Jew would not have used "Theos' God improperly. See e.g. Mar 14:61 the high priest would not even say "son of theos/god" when questioning Jesus but said "son of the blessed."
.....Mark 14:61
.....61 But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him,
.....and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?

Your reply is meaningless. Triunity is an attribute of God much the same as omnipotence.
So, "the Trinity" is not really "the Father, son, and holy spirit", correct?

We don't worship omnipotence we worship God. We don't worship "Trinity" we worship God.
So, God is not the Trinity(, ie, "the Father, son, and holy spirit"), correct?
And obtw I do not require instruction on any attribute of God from folks who do not know or understand what they are talking about. If you did we would not be having this discussion.
I see.

Nothing but nothing you can possibly say gets around John 20:28.
.....John 20:28
.....28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
Here is what John said and understood "Thomas answered [Jesus] and said unto Him [Jesus] 'the Lord of me and the God of me.'"
And how is that different from Luke 8:21: "and he (Jesus) answering said to them (the multitude), `the mother of me and the brothers of me!"

Just because "he answered and said to him" doesn't mean he was addressing him as such. (Compare 1 Samuel 20:12: "And Jonathan saith unto David, `Jehovah, God of Israel -- when I search my father...")
Both John and Thomas were Jews a Jew would not have used "Theos' God improperly. See e.g. Mar 14:61 the high priest would not even say "son of theos/god" when questioning Jesus but said "son of the blessed."
.....Mark 14:61
.....61 But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him,
.....and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
Matthew 26:63.

Back