Yes Virginia, the administrative state is un-American…

Thistle

I agree we have an oligarchy or a plutocracy. No party or candidate is trying to stop it.
If Trump wasn't trying to stop it he was doing the best impression of someone who is trying to stop it or I can imagine. I can't know this for certain but my best guess is, it will take several decades of people in the White House who share Trumps perspective on the administrative state to undo the damage to the constitution that has been done by them .

Thistle

Another thread started with nothing but a link.

What are the issues you want to discuss? And please don't tell me to watch the video. If I did that I would leave my comments on youtube, not here.
If you would read a three minute article you could watch a three minute video. But I don't want to compel you to do anything that you're not otherwise inclined to do.

Faithoverbelief

If Trump wasn't trying to stop it he was doing the best impression of someone who is trying to stop it or I can imagine. I can't know this for certain but my best guess is, it will take several decades of people in the White House who share Trumps perspective on the administrative state to undo the damage to the constitution that has been done by them .
Trump grew government. Gave himself a nice tax cut. Worthless.

Thistle

Trump grew government.
Our military spending is dictated by the actions of our adversaries. During the Obama administration we permitted the Chinese to establish a expansion trajectory for their navy which is now larger than ours. As a result of this, and many other failings of the Obama administration, Trump didn't have a lot of choice about what to do when it came to military spending.

China is a clear and present danger to every other nation in the world on the high seas. They are already using their naval prowess to send their fishing boats into the territorial waters of every other country in the world, decimating their fish population, and destroying their domestic fishing industries. This Chinese invasion of the rest of the world cannot be permitted to stand. It's no more acceptable than to let China occupy Wisconsin and dispossess all the farmers of their dairies.
Gave himself a nice tax cut. Worthless.
Trump, unlike most politicians, engages in the economic activity of the country like everybody else. Anything that he does that reduce his taxes, reduces his taxes.

CrowCross

Another thread started with nothing but a link.

What are the issues you want to discuss? And please don't tell me to watch the video. If I did that I would leave my comments on youtube, not here.
The SHORT video described the government you support.

Faithoverbelief

Our military spending is dictated by the actions of our adversaries. During the Obama administration we permitted the Chinese to establish a expansion trajectory for their navy which is now larger than ours. As a result of this, and many other failings of the Obama administration, Trump didn't have a lot of choice about what to do when it came to military spending.

China is a clear and present danger to every other nation in the world on the high seas. They are already using their naval prowess to send their fishing boats into the territorial waters of every other country in the world, decimating their fish population, and destroying their domestic fishing industries. This Chinese invasion of the rest of the world cannot be permitted to stand. It's no more acceptable than to let China occupy Wisconsin and dispossess all the farmers of their dairies.

Trump, unlike most politicians, engages in the economic activity of the country like everybody else. Anything that he does that reduce his taxes, reduces his taxes.
Trump is an elitist billionaire that is still trying to dictate and control the government.

Thistle

Trump is an elitist billionaire
The only sense in which Donald Trump is an elitist is the sense in which there are very few people who have $1 billion or more. That's generally not the way we use the term elitists. Trump is not an elitist according to ordinary usage.
that is still trying to dictate and control the government.
When you run for the office of President of the United States and say if I am elected I'm going to do X, Y, and Z. And then you get elected and you try to do X, Y, and Z that's not dictating control of the government.

Faithoverbelief

The only sense in which Donald Trump is an elitist is the sense in which there are very few people who have $1 billion or more. That's generally not the way we use the term elitists. Trump is not an elitist according to ordinary usage.

When you run for the office of President of the United States and say if I am elected I'm going to do X, Y, and Z. And then you get elected and you try to do X, Y, and Z that's not dictating control of the government.
After you're out it does. And I am really not interested in conspiracy nonsense of shadow governments by ex-presidents.

Trump is out wide open straight from his desk. He is part of the problem and none of the solution.

Thistle

After you're out it does.
Trump has all that said that he's running for president in 2024. So Trump is running for president, and he's talking about how he would govern differentl. This is not novel.
And I am really not interested in conspiracy nonsense of shadow governments by ex-presidents.
People do bad things and sometimes people do bad things together in concert. In the latter case that's called a conspiracy, and conspiracies are real things. But anybody who wants to know what Barack Obama is up to and how he is raising political money and pulling strings behind the scenes, can easily find the information unless they're determined to remain ignorant.

The best of example of the people being unintentionally hysterical, is shouting about Trump Russia collusion for 3 1/2 years then calling other people "conspiracy theorist." That is just too, too, too rich.
Trump is out wide open straight from his desk.
I'm not sure what that means.
He is part of the problem and none of the solution.
I'm pretty sure we defined the problem quite differently.

Faithoverbelief

Trump has all that said that he's running for president in 2024. So Trump is running for president, and he's talking about how he would govern differentl. This is not novel.

People do bad things and sometimes people do bad things together in concert. In the latter case that's called a conspiracy, and conspiracies are real things. But anybody who wants to know what Barack Obama is up to and how he is raising political money and pulling strings behind the scenes, can easily find the information unless they're determined to remain ignorant.

The best of example of the people being unintentionally hysterical, is shouting about Trump Russia collusion for 3 1/2 years then calling other people "conspiracy theorist." That is just too, too, too rich.

I'm not sure what that means.

I'm pretty sure we defined the problem quite differently.
Well I am not one who screamed conspiracy with Trump and the Russians. I awaited the results without judgment.

The results now are inconclusive and I do NOT accuse Trump of collusion with the Russians. He has done enough damage that the Russian situation does not matter.

Because of Him I see USA western democracy gone shortly. Next 25 years. We will have Russian style democracy.

Thistle

Well I am not one who screamed conspiracy with Trump and the Russians. I awaited the results without judgment.
Very judicious.
The results now are inconclusive and I do NOT accuse Trump of collusion with the Russians. He has done enough damage that the Russian situation does not matter.
Reducing minority unemployment to an all time low, that was damaging the country? Defusing the tinderbox on the Korean Peninsula, that was damaging the country? Reworking the disastrous NAFTA treaty, that was damaging the country? Getting control of the southern border and stopping the constant flow of illegal immigration, that was damaging the country? Reducing thousands of unnecessary regulations, that was damaging the country? Restoring deterrence in the estimation of our adversaries, that was destroying our country? I'm having a hard time identifying any policy area that was worse under Trump than under the proceeding and following presidents?
Because of Him I see USA western democracy gone shortly. Next 25 years. We will have Russian style democracy.
I'd love to see you connect those dots.

Faithoverbelief

Very judicious.

Reducing minority unemployment to an all time low, that was damaging the country? Defusing the tinderbox on the Korean Peninsula, that was damaging the country? Reworking the disastrous NAFTA treaty, that was damaging the country? Getting control of the southern border and stopping the constant flow of illegal immigration, that was damaging the country? Reducing thousands of unnecessary regulations, that was damaging the country? Restoring deterrence in the estimation of our adversaries, that was destroying our country? I'm having a hard time identifying any policy area that was worse under Trump than under the proceeding and following presidents?

I'd love to see you connect those dots.
95 percent is still NAFTA changing the name and acting like you did something is the type of games Trump likes to play. His trade war with China is lost, his tariffs are horrifically damaging( and Biden is not changing them that should give you a clue)

His snuggles with dictators was worthless. His lack of transparency is frightening. Horrible President.

The really bad news is Biden is heading done the same trail. (Which I figured)

Thistle

95 percent is still NAFTA changing the name and acting like you did something is the type of games Trump likes to play.
It was an improvement.
His trade war with China is lost,
The status of the trade war with China is whatever the Biden administration does with one trump left them the tools to do.
his tariffs are horrifically damaging( and Biden is not changing them that should give you a clue)
Trading with China is like sewing rope to a lynch mob. The tariffs were an interim escalation that needed to begin, in order to unwind the extensive rolled at China Place liquor supply chain.
His snuggles with dictators was worthless.
His willingness to go to North Korea resulted in the most stable Korean Peninsula of our natural lives.
His lack of transparency is frightening.
His lack of transparency?!?! That's among the craziest criticisms I've ever heard. He would stand and field questions from a hostile press until he exhausted them from their own blinding hatred.
Horrible President.
In terms of telling the truth about what he is going to do policy wise he is the most honest man that's ever been in the White House during the lives of any living person.
The really bad news is Biden is heading done the same trail. (Which I figured)
Biden has to the best of his ability undone everything that Donald Trump did.

Faithoverbelief

It was an improvement.

The status of the trade war with China is whatever the Biden administration does with one trump left them the tools to do.

Trading with China is like sewing rope to a lynch mob. The tariffs were an interim escalation that needed to begin, in order to unwind the extensive rolled at China Place liquor supply chain.

His willingness to go to North Korea resulted in the most stable Korean Peninsula of our natural lives.

His lack of transparency?!?! That's among the craziest criticisms I've ever heard. He would stand and field questions from a hostile press until he exhausted them from their own blinding hatred.

In terms of telling the truth about what he is going to do policy wise he is the most honest man that's ever been in the White House during the lives of any living person.

You live in a red bubble. From his tax returns to not telling about bombings this president is terrible. His lying will cost him dearly.

Faithoverbelief

It was an improvement.

Washington, D.C. March 12, 2020 – President Trump has made three times as many pro-secrecy decisions as pro-transparency ones since taking office — this according to a National Security Archive Audit released today to mark the beginning of Sunshine Week. While the record is not entirely one-sided, the survey found that the President's anti-transparency decisions - including classifying coronavirus talks, hiding the White House visitor logs, and keeping his tax returns secret - significantly outnumber the good transparency decisions he's made, including following through with the Argentina declassification project and working for more transparent hospital and prescription drug prices.
Horrifying.

Thistle

You live in a red bubble. From his tax returns
He's no more obliged to share his tax returns than you are. You consider yourself some kind of a libertarian?
to not telling about bombings
I'm sure you could be more obtuse, but I can't say exactly how…
this president is terrible. His lying will cost him dearly.
That's one way not to be rebutted. Make sure nobody knows what you're talking about.

Faithoverbelief

He's no more obliged to share his tax returns than you are. You consider yourself some kind of a libertarian?

I'm sure you could be more obtuse, but I can't say exactly how…

That's one way not to be rebutted. Make sure nobody knows what you're talking about.
I could care less if he shows his returns. He is a liar that said he would. He should keep his word but dishonorable grifters like him never will. His lackeys are being prosecuted. I can see he will be next for his nefarious actions.