You Might Just Be A Semi-Deist If…

God is not responsible for the creation of evil nor does He do acts of evil or have others do those evil acts on His behalf. And I could care less what that makes me in anyone's view. I'm all about exalting Gods Holy character.

hope this helps !!!
Has a small God ... ^^^

I side with Got Questions below on the issue. Did God create evil ?

God did not create evil, but He does allow evil. If God had not allowed for the possibility of evil, both mankind and angels would be serving God out of obligation, not choice. He did not want “robots” that simply did what He wanted them to do because of their “programming.” God allowed for the possibility of evil so that we could genuinely have a free will and choose whether or not we wanted to serve Him.

As finite human beings, we can never fully understand an infinite God (Romans 11:33-34). Sometimes we think we understand why God is doing something, only to find out later that it was for a different purpose than we originally thought. God looks at things from a holy, eternal perspective. We look at things from a sinful, earthly, and temporal perspective. Why did God put man on earth knowing that Adam and Eve would sin and therefore bring evil, death, and suffering on all mankind? Why didn’t He just create us all and leave us in heaven where we would be perfect and without suffering? These questions cannot be adequately answered this side of eternity. What we can know is whatever God does is holy and perfect and ultimately will glorify Him. God allowed for the possibility of evil in order to give us a true choice in regards to whether we worship Him. God did not create evil, but He allowed it. If He had not allowed evil, we would be worshiping Him out of obligation, not by a choice of our own will.
I disagree with GotQuestions. God allows nothing, He wills everything. Allowing a thing assures nothing. Willing a thing assures the thing. God is in the business of assuring things ... His saints understand that ... false believers don't ... ?

You have God puppeteer both sides of an argument and expect them to libertarianly respond. Correct?

And furthermore you have God with no other choice but to write the one particular script for the puppeteering. Correct?

And you can feel libertarian indignation within yourself to what I say. Correct?
Only a puppet would say that ... ^

Lol I admit my mistakes when I was a Calvinist , it’s like telling a Mormon about Mormonism . When they are in it they cannot see it until God opens their eyes . It’s why I said if you could step outside or your paradigm and look objectively you would see things differently.

And fyi I’m not saying Calvinism is a cult

hope this helos
You admit you were wrong as a Calvinist. I admit you are wrong about whatever it is you admit you are now ...

Lol I admit my mistakes when I was a Calvinist ,

And I admitted my mistakes when I was an Arminian...
Libertarian "free will"...
universal "Prevenient" grace...
universal atonement...
etc.
etc.

But none of this is charitable to the other side, and none of this moves the discussion forward.

Btw, since YOU brought it up, you never admitted your mistakes as a Calvinist, and you continue to never admit any of your mistakes now.

it’s like telling a Mormon about Mormonism . When they are in it they cannot see it until God opens their eyes . It’s why I said if you could step outside or your paradigm and look objectively you would see things differently.

I've BEEN "outside of [my] paradigm", and I don't see things differently.
You do not get to project your personal and subjective experience onto everyone else.

Many people outside the "stronghold" of Arminianism were freed of it by God, and now see the wonderful truth nicknamed "Calvinism".

Except I’m right now ?

Stop making everything about you.
All you ever do is tell everyone how great and perfect (and "right") you are, and how evil and "strongholded" and "wrong" everyone who disagree with you is.

Give it a rest, please!

Stop making everything about you.
All you ever do is tell everyone how great and perfect (and "right") you are, and how evil and "strongholded" and "wrong" everyone who disagree with you is.

Give it a rest, please!
Arminianism is true . You even said you were saved as one.

next

Arminianism is true . You even said you were saved as one.

Calvinism is true. You even said you were saved as one.

Seriously, how does this move discussion forward?

Arminian has the gospel correct, which is why I was saved as an Arminian.
But it has many non-essentials wrong.
The definitional aspects of Arminianism ("free will", "universal atonement", "prevenient grace", etc.) are false.

The definitional aspects of Arminianism ("free will", "universal atonement", "prevenient grace", etc.) are false.
??

Address the OP instead on me that’s how

Except we both know differently.

Please stop presuming to speak for me.
It's rude, and I can speak for myself.

We DON'T "both know differently".
The Mormons hold many false doctrines.
As do you.
You might want to think about that, instead of constantly wasting your time with "oops" and 'Next" and "popcorn" and "crickets" and "hope this helps".

Except I’m right now ?

Except you never admit you're wrong in the present, you only mention it by showing false humility about what you believed in the past, and as a way of dissing others who hold those same beliefs.

You never admitted you were wrong, while you were a Calvinist.
But NOW you claim it's wrong.
You won't admit you're wrong presently, while you're an Arminian.
You'll only admit it once you change your theology again, perhaps to RC or JW.

And I know, you'll say you would never change, you've finally found the "truth".
GUARANTEED you would have said that as a Calvinist, but we all know "accurate" that ended up.

Except you never admit you're wrong in the present, you own bring it by showing false humility about what you believed in the past.

You never admitted you were wrong, while you were a Calvinist.
But NOW you claim it's wrong.
You won't admit you're wrong presently, while you're an Arminian.
You'll only admit it once you change your theology again, perhaps to RC or JW.

And I know, you'll say you would never change, you've finally found the "truth".
GUARANTEED you would have said that as a Calvinist, but we all know "accurate" that ended up.
You are funny . If you remember as a Calvinist I defended Arminians when they were falsely accused because they are brethren in Christ . I’ve quoted Arminius 100’s of times over the years correcting Calvinists misrepresentation of them .

Hope this helps !!!

Back