You Might Just Be A Semi-Deist If…

Now the question is HOW did the LORD Determined to “take back what he owns”?

God could Determine to “take back” in many different ways. He could have Determined to “take back” his things by the means of them simply disappearing but he instead Determined to “take back” by means such as:

“… fire of God fell from heaven and burned up the sheep and the servants and consumed them, …

The Chaldeans formed three groups and made a raid on the camels and took them and struck down the servants with the edge of the sword, …

a great wind came across the wilderness and struck the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young people, and your sons and daughters are dead,…

Then Job … said, “Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.””

In all this Job did not sin or charge God with wrong.” (Job 1:16-22)

How can Job ascribe these means of “taking away” to the LORD and it not be a “sin” or be considered “charging God with wrong”…

but if a Calvinist declared “the LORD has taken away” by these same
means then the Non-Calvinists would say “you sin and charge God with wrong”?

What’s the difference???‍♂️

The Lord did not take away Job's libertarianism. The Calvinist isn't wrong here because God didn't predetermine Job to sin.

The Lord did not take away Job's libertarianism. The Calvinist isn't wrong here because God didn't predetermine Job to sin.

Off topic.
The context of this thread is weather your Deism is true, not about your unjustified “Libertariansm from God”.

And you failed to answer the question:

How can Job ascribe these means of “taking away” to the LORD and it not be a “sin” or be considered “charging God with wrong”…

Off topic.
The context of this thread is weather your Deism is true, not about your unjustified “Libertariansm from God”.

And you failed to answer the question:

The Arminian could be thinking that a Calvinist saying the Lord gives and the Lord takes away may mean God's cause of suffering is not for man's sake or benefit. While for the Arminian it is for man's sake or a test for man.

The Arminian could be thinking that a Calvinist saying the Lord gives and the Lord takes away may mean God's cause of suffering is not for man's sake or benefit. While for the Arminian it is for man's sake or a test for man.
Paul speaks to his arguments here in Colossians 2:8- See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception [pseudo-intellectual babble], according to the tradition [and musings] of mere men, following the elementary principles of this world, rather than following [the truth—the teachings of] Christ. Acts 17- Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoicks, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? other some, He seemeth to be a setter forth of strange gods: because he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection

?You might be a Determinist if...

...you create humanistic analogies where the characters, in your analogies, can't do other than what you Determined without you, as the Author, changing or adding to the analogy.

?You might be a Determinist if...

...you create humanistic analogies where the characters, in your analogies, can't do other than what you Determined without you, as the Author, changing or adding to the analogy.

Like viewing exhaustive predeterminism as meaning God has no other choice but to give us no other choice?

Like viewing exhaustive predeterminism as meaning God has no other choice but to give us no other choice?

Why would God "have no other choice" if he is the original Determinor of all things?

Your statment makes no sense unless you believe that something before God Determined god to determine, but then you would have Provisionist circular reasoning.

On Provisionism God has no other choice but to "deal with the hand he was dealt" by man.

Barrel.... so much bottom scraping...

Straws... so much grasping...

They think that God Determining all things about his creation somehow means "God had no other choice" ?? I don't get it.

In the Calvinist view God is the most free being there is. In all other views God is merely responding to things presented to him from external sources.

Strange how they can't see this.

Last edited:
They think that God Determining all things about his creation somehow means "God had no other choice" ?? I don't get it.

In the Calvinist view God is the most free being there is. In all other views God is merely responding to things presented to him from external sources.

Strange how they can't see this.

No I don't see how libertarianism means there is a force/deism outside of God making His decisions for Him. God is His own Deism.

I don't understand how a predeterminate God has any other choice but to give us no other choice. Free? There exhaustively isn't anything else He could have considered. Yeah, He's free to do that.

Your view has God exhaustively predetermine some others to believe libertarianism. What is that? Here we are, freely.

Last edited:
No I don't see how libertarianism means there is a force/deism outside of God making His decisions for Him. God is His own Deism.

“his own Deism”

Are you suggesting that there are other “Deism’s” in existence?

I don't understand how a predeterminate God has any other choice but to give us no other choice. Free? There exhaustively isn't anything else He could have considered. Yeah, He's free to do that.

The LORD has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble.” (Pro 16:4)

“remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,’” (Isa 46:9-10)

These “purposes” for ALL things were predetermined before anything was made and you have no justification to the contrary of God’s statement “My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,”

Your view has God exhaustively predetermine some others to believe libertarianism. What is that?

Yes and he also predetermined that Pharaoh believe that it was a good idea to not let the people go and Joseph’s brothers to think it was a good idea to sale him into slavery. What is that?

It’s called Storyline interactions Determined by the council of God to accomplish his ultimate purpose.

Here we are, freely.

You may think you are “free” from God’s ultimate purpose he “made” you for but scripture does not support your delusion.

My mother denied the Trinity, the inspiration of the Bible, the deity of Christ, but her generic god took care of people. Her mother believed people were either born Christian or Jewish.

“his own Deism”

Are you suggesting that there are other “Deism’s” in existence?

God makes His own choices, libertarian ones.

But even for a supposed outside deism, you would have to come up how those things made a decision.

But the deism is your philosophic deism that gives God His only choice.

The LORD has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble.” (Pro 16:4)

He purposes those who are wicked for the day of trouble. It doesn't necessarily mean He uncondtionally made them wicked.

“remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,’” (Isa 46:9-10)

This to me means God does so by force if He has to.

These “purposes” for ALL things were predetermined before anything was made and you have no justification to the contrary of God’s statement “My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,”

People don't always follow God's purpose. But He blesses or punishes them to keep His purpose intact.

Yes and he also predetermined that Pharaoh believe that it was a good idea to not let the people go and Joseph’s brothers to think it was a good idea to sale him into slavery. What is that?

God does predetermine things. But that doesn't prove exhaustive predetemination.

It’s called Storyline interactions Determined by the council of God to accomplish his ultimate purpose.

God intervenes to complete His purpose. But that doesn't mean exhaustive storyline predetemination. That is your philosophic deism onto God.

You may think you are “free” from God’s ultimate purpose he “made” you for but scripture does not support your delusion.

We have a libertarian freedom within God's purpose.

But by you're exhaustive predeterminate script philosophy you're only free because you are made to think you're free.

“Deism is essentially the view that God exists, but that He is not directly involved in the world. Deism pictures God as the great “clockmaker” who created the clock, wound it up, and let it go. A deist believes that God exists and created the world, but does not interfere with His creation…"

You might just be a full blown Deist if you say things like:

God had set up the process by which man could propagate his species.

It was not a special act of creation ex Nihilo.

“Deism is essentially the view that God exists, but that He is not directly involved in the world. Deism pictures God as the great “clockmaker” who created the clock, wound it up, and let it go. A deist believes that God exists and created the world, but does not interfere with His creation…"

You might just be a full blown Deist if you say things like:

Do you not hold man obtains a sinful soul from generation propagated through Adam rather than the soul being a created sinful by God?

You just might be a deist yourself if you want to employ such standards.

Do you not hold man obtains a sinful soul from generation propagated through Adam rather than the soul being a created sinful by God?

You just might be a deist yourself if you want to employ such standards.
I am not sure where all of this is going or coming. IMHO, sin travels from the Father to his children. I can't remember the name of the theory.
(Updated) It is called traducianism.

Back