You must be called by the King

Sure -- go to a public place and ask 100 people if they are drawn to Christ's Crucifixion. If even 1 says, "no," then Christ cannot mean He draws all men to Himself without exception.
That assumes that "draws" means "will believe", and it doesnt. Drawing in John 12:32 refers to being brought before judgement.

John 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me

All men are drawn to be judged. See how that works? No need to redefine "all men" to fit a doctrine, just plain biblical teaching.

Last edited:
That assumes that "draws" means "will believe", and it doesnt. Drawing in John 12:32 means being brought before judgement.

John 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

All men are drawn to be judged. See how that works? No need to redefine "all men" to fit a doctrine, just plain biblical teaching.

Unfortunately, the actual context is irrelevant to most here and their context by which they interpret is their creedal beliefs.

It's amusing that while both sides ask the other side questions, the anti-Calvinists claim the Calvinists are "running away" when they don't answer, but the anti-Calvinists don't answer questions either, but that's apparently okay. I call it hypocrisy.
Lol

That assumes that "draws" means "will believe", and it doesnt.
Ok, I misunderstood your position.

That doesn't mean I've misunderstood the position of other Arminians, though, in fact, I'm certain I haven't until they tell me so, as you have done.

And you know now is not his timing because you like to pretend that you are sovereign and know what is in God's mind.
Try and respond to someone for once instead of projecting your shortcomings
God decrees my shortcomings; is that not God's mind?

Onus is on you. You claimed it you prove it.
This is for the interested teaders to read and decide:

"They seem to be arguing that you must do what they will rather than what God already willed and decreed. I guess their God must have also ordained them to create this confusion."

Ciao ... 😏

Ok, I misunderstood your position.

That doesn't mean I've misunderstood the position of other Arminians, though, in fact, I'm certain I haven't until they tell me so, as you have done.
The position of those who oppose you is that "all men" means "all men" in John 12:32, which is correct. You have said (I'm paraphrasing) it cannot mean "all men without exception". I am still lost on why you believe Jesus did not mean "all men" when He said "all men".

The position of those who oppose you is that "all men" means "all men" in John 12:32, which is correct. You have said (I'm paraphrasing) it cannot mean "all men without exception". I am still lost on why you believe Jesus did not mean "all men" when He said "all men".

If you pay close attention, you will find that various people don't believe he meant what he said on numerous occasions.

Like here for example:

(where their sins will lead them) it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell.

and here:

Therefore you are to be perfect just as your heavenly Father is perfect.

and here:

No one can serve two Lords for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth.

and here:

But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

and here:

Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple. ... So then, none of you can be My disciple who does not forsake all that he has.

and here:

He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.

and here:

24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. 25 For whoever wishes to save his soul will lose it; but whoever loses his soul for My sake will find it.

For any one of those verses, there are many who don't believe he meant what he said. And many more of his teachings. But you will find those same people know how to make up excuses to dismiss what he said. Jesus' teachings are easily dismissed when men don't like what he said.

Last edited:
The position of those who oppose you is that "all men" means "all men" in John 12:32,

That's not a meaningful comment, it's nothing but a worthless tautology.
You're simply repeating yourself, and HOPING readers understand "all men" the same way as you do, namely "all individuals".

You have said (I'm paraphrasing) it cannot mean "all men without exception".

What is your evidence that it HAS to mean, "all men without exception"?

I am still lost on why you believe Jesus did not mean "all men" when He said "all men".

That is not our position.
We believe "all men" doesn't mean "all INDIVIDUALS".

Easy -- all men aren't drawn to the crucified Christ. You claim to believe Scripture, so you ought to know that (Rom 3:10ff).

That's not a meaningful comment, it's nothing but a worthless tautology.
You're simply repeating yourself, and HOPING readers understand "all men" the same way as you do, namely "all individuals".
Thank you for your opinion.
What is your evidence that it HAS to mean, "all men without exception"?
I have already gone over that HERE, and I see no need to repeat myself. I would add, however, that if you believe that not "all men" are judged, now would be the time to present that evidence. It should be a really simple truth to acknowledge, but if not, I can provide scripture demonstrating none will escape judgement.
That is not our position.
We believe "all men" doesn't mean "all INDIVIDUALS".
I said as much already, you dont believe "all men" means "all men". I moved past that and asked why.

You are still conflating "drawn" with "believing" and I am still wondering why.

John 6:35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life;
whoever
comes to me shall not hunger,
and whoever
believes in me shall never thirst.

"Coming" is symbolism for "believing".

John 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

Those whom the Father draws will come, and be raised up on the last day.

That assumes that "draws" means "will believe", and it doesnt. Drawing in John 12:32 refers to being brought before judgement.

Thanks for your opinion.

But you're really out there if you believe judgment draws men to Jesus ... LOL

Back