You must be called by the King

Conditional:
John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Belief is the work of God, see verse 29. Same narritive

Verse 44, those drawn will be raised up on the last say

Here's the context:
John 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Exactly. Thank you. They could do nothing. It's the work of Hod. Good catch

All who come are raised.

No logical connection is made to drawn.

It's a shame Chalcedon "liked" your post, since it demonstrates his blatant double standard. He is the one who claims that "all men" can't mean something different in 1 Tim. 2:1 and 2:4 (even though nobody CLAIMS it has a different meaning).

John 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

The word "him" can't mean something different when the two instances are only separated by 4 words (separated by only 2 in the Greek).

The SAME group "drawn" ("draws him") is the SAME group raised up ("raise him up").
It's undeniable.

My King draws all men.

John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
Actually, John 12:32 says, "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all to me.". The question is: all of whom?

Is it "all peoples" (NKJV)?

Is it all the elect?

Is it "all men", in the sense of all kinds of men?

The one thing it CANNOT mean is "every single person", since we know that not every person is drawn to Jesus (many never hear about the Cross at all).

Last edited:
Actually, John 12:32 says, "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all to me.". The question is: all of whom?

Is it "all peoples" (NKJV)?

Is it all the elect?

Is it "all men", in the sense of all kinds of men?

The one thing it CANNOT mean is "every single person", since we know that not every person is drawn to Jesus (many never hear about the Cross at all).

"all males"?

"all adult males"?

It has to be properly interpreted, not just assume whichever interpretation best fits your theology.

Well, maybe I should get a grammar school student to explain John 12:32 for me.
There is a simpler way , go out into several fast food restaurants and ask how many people are drawn to Christ. If you don't get a 100% affirmative response, you don't understand Jn 12:32. 🙂

Back