You say--"with the destruction of the temple"?????

dberrie2020

Bonnie said:
That is true, but in this case the OLD covenant was growing old and obsolete and ready to disappear. It did so with the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem in 70 AD, by the Romans. Maybe God was trying to tell the Jews something....

Where do we find that connection? Certainly, not in the Biblical text.

Did you make that up to cover the fact your church does not have a temple?

So--if the OT covenant was made obsolete by the destruction of the temple--then why would God bring it forth here?

Revelation 7:13-15--King James Version
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

So--what was God trying to tell the Jews there?

Where do we find that connection? Certainly, not in the Biblical text.

Did you make that up to cover the fact your church does not have a temple?

So--if the OT covenant was made obsolete by the destruction of the temple--then why would God bring it forth here?

Revelation 7:13-15--King James Version
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

So--what was God trying to tell the Jews there?

Just thought I would give Bonnie an opportunity to answer her claim. Anyone?

Jesus fulfilled the need of the Jewish temple at his first advent, and He completes the need for a temple after His second advent. Jesus never taught that temples should be built and new rites should be performed in them during the "dispensation" new covenant upon the earth. the veil was torn at the death if Jesus upon the cross (Matt. 27:51) and the closed way was made open to all who would enter thru the Blood of the Lamb. No signs, tokens, or penalties were ever a part of the true Gospel of Jesus.

Hebrews 9:24

English Standard Version

24 For Christ has entered, not into holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true things, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf. ...
26 ... But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27 And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, 28 so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.

Revelation 21:22-25

English Standard Version

22 And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb. 23 And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb. 24 By its light will the nations walk, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it, 25 and its gates will never be shut by day—and there will be no night there.

Jesus fulfilled the need of the Jewish temple at his first advent, and He completes the need for a temple after His second advent. Jesus never taught that temples should be built and new rites should be performed in them during the "dispensation" new covenant upon the earth. the veil was torn at the death if Jesus upon the cross (Matt. 27:51) and the closed way was made open to all who would enter thru the Blood of the Lamb. No signs, tokens, or penalties were ever a part of the true Gospel of Jesus.​

Hebrews 9:24​

English Standard Version​

24 For Christ has entered, not into holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true things, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf. ...

26 ... But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27 And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, 28 so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.

Revelation 21:22-25

English Standard Version

22 And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb. 23 And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb. 24 By its light will the nations walk, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it, 25 and its gates will never be shut by day—and there will be no night there.

Thanks. I have posted these verses before on here, many months ago, but as usual, they were mostly ignored by the Mormons. We had a whole thread on this, where several of us quoted these scriptures:

Last edited:
Thanks. I have posted these verses before on here, many months ago, but as usual, they were mostly ignored by the Mormons. We had a whole thread on this, where several of us quoted these scriptures:

Perhaps it is because the SLC sect has invested billions of dollars in putting up edifices that have nothing to do with working towards salvation or working towards godhood.

Hi Yitoz...here is another thread where we discussed temples:

Jesus fulfilled the need of the Jewish temple at his first advent,​

And just when did Jesus fulfill that need?

Acts 2:44-46--King James Version
44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

and He completes the need for a temple after His second advent.​

Such as this?

Revelation 7:13-15---King James Version

Revelation 3:12---King James Version
12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Revelation 11:1-2---King James Version
1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Jesus never taught that temples should be built and new rites should be performed in them during the "dispensation" new covenant upon the earth.​

That's a curious statement:

Revelation 2:17--King James Version
17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it

Hebrews 8​

Jesus, High Priest of a Better Covenant​

5 They serve a copy and shadow of the heavenly things. For when Moses was about to erect the tent, he was instructed by God, saying, “See that you make everything according to the pattern that was shown you on the mountain.” 6 But as it is, Christ has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better, since it is enacted on better promises. 7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second.

13 In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Hebrews 9

3 Thus it was necessary for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these rites, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ has entered, not into holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true things, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf.

The Jewish tabernacle/ temples were for dedicated rites established by God in the Torah. Mormon temple aren't copies of the one in heaven, nor do they have anything to do with sacrifices for sins of any person or nation, and Jesus has finished His work of redemption both on earth and in heaven. Now all believers have become temples of the Holy Spirit. The rending of the temple veil shows that the way into the presence of the Father is only in and through the Blood of Jesus.

The Jewish tabernacle/ temples were for dedicated rites established by God in the Torah.

We don't live under the Torah.

Mormon temple aren't copies of the one in heaven,

The description of Revelation 7 bears a strong resemblance to LDS temple rites:

Now all believers have become temples of the Holy Spirit.

That was true for the NT saints also:

45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

How does that cover up or cancel out the temple?

We don't live under the Torah.

The description of Revelation 7 bears a strong resemblance to LDS temple rites:

Where in the New Testament did Christ tell people to keep building temples? He didn’t.

1Cor 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

2Cor 6:16 And what union can there be between God’s temple and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God said: “I will live in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

Was there sacrifices?

Where in the New Testament did Christ tell people to keep building temples? He didn’t.

You might want to relate that to the Biblical writers:

1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

1Cor 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Again--wasn't that true for the NT saints?

How does that cover up or cancel out the temple there?

Where is the aformentioned temple located?

It doesn't specifically identify the location--but it does describe it as a temple where saints served God, and were dressed in white robes.

Sounds a lot like an LDS temple to me, and I visit the temple often.

You might want to relate that to the Biblical writers:

Again--wasn't that true for the NT saints?

How does that cover up or cancel out the temple there?
“These are they which came out of great tribulation…”

Has the great tribulation happened yet?

It doesn't specifically identify the location--but it does describe it as a temple where saints served God, and were dressed in white robes.

Sounds a lot like an LDS temple to me, and I visit the temple often.
So, once again the mormons preach exclusion....if you are not a mormon, you don't get to go to a temple and wear a white robe.

So far only mormons can baptize and wear white robes in a temple.

So, once again the mormons preach exclusion....if you are not a mormon, you don't get to go to a temple and wear a white robe.

What other church are you aware of which have temples with servants serving God and wearing white robes?

“These are they which came out of great tribulation…”

Has the great tribulation happened yet?

There seems to be a wide divergence of answers which various Christians give for that question.

But there is one thing for sure--God has the Temple in His economy--and the description given seems to pattern the LDS temple.

What other church are you aware of which have temples with servants serving God and wearing white robes?

Are you saying that the mormon church is that which is spoken of in Revelation?

There seems to be a wide divergence of answers which various Christians give for that question.
This is the Mormon forum. What is the Mormon belief about whether the Great Tribulation has happened yet?

But there is one thing for sure--God has the Temple in His economy--and the description given seems to pattern the LDS temple.
His “economy?” The description of a temple where people wear white clothes fits any temple where people wear white clothes..

But what we do know is Christ told us God lives in us now, not in man-made temples.

Back