You say--"with the destruction of the temple"?????

His “economy?” The description of a temple where people wear white clothes fits any temple where people wear white clothes..

If you are referring to LDS temples--that is true. What temple does your church claim where servants wear white robes?

But what we do know is Christ told us God lives in us now, not in man-made temples.

But this temple is not "us":

Revelation 7:13-15---King James Version
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

If you are referring to LDS temples--that is true. What temple does your church claim where servants wear white robes?

13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
Do you really expect a different answer every time you post the same thing?

dberrie2020 said: If you are referring to LDS temples--that is true. What temple does your church claim where servants wear white robes?

Do you really expect a different answer every time you post the same thing?

I expect the same answer you give above--which has nothing to do with my question, nor my point. Care to address my above post?

"If you are referring to LDS temples--that is true. What temple does your church claim where servants wear white robes?

Magdalena said:
But what we do know is Christ told us God lives in us now, not in man-made temples.

15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them."

Anyone care to address this? Some here suggest because we are the temple of God--that the need for the constructed temple is undermined.

The testimony of the Biblical witness above disagrees.

Also--does anyone care to share an explanation of where a temple exists in their church which fits the description of those descriptions found in Revelation?

"If you are referring to LDS temples--that is true. What temple does your church claim where servants wear white robes?

15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them."

Anyone care to address this? Some here suggest because we are the temple of God--that the need for the constructed temple is undermined.

The testimony of the Biblical witness above disagrees.

Also--does anyone care to share an explanation of where a temple exists in their church which fits the description of those descriptions found in Revelation?
How many threads do you need on this topic. You’re spamming again, like you did with your faith alone obsession. Maybe if you didn’t post the same things in every thread, you could see the responses. But I doubt that our responses mean anything to you, because you just keep repeating the same question over and over. And now you’ll do that again here.

How many threads do you need on this topic. You’re spamming again, like you did with your faith alone obsession. Maybe if you didn’t post the same things in every thread, you could see the responses. But I doubt that our responses mean anything to you, because you just keep repeating the same question over and over. And now you’ll do that again here.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Where do we find that connection? Certainly, not in the Biblical text.

Did you make that up to cover the fact your church does not have a temple?

So--if the OT covenant was made obsolete by the destruction of the temple--then why would God bring it forth here?

Revelation 7:13-15--King James Version

So--what was God trying to tell the Jews there?
perhaps the temple has a transcendent event it refers to, such as the mindset of a soul imprisoned in the Self after the fall… the fall being the real destruction of the temple…. and the Self being an edifice (temple) of pride. because having lost the estate given by God, and no longer with God in heaven the reference to the finite temple can show the ongoing situation (this world) as a type of what God hates…. and what he wants us to die to, so indeed we can be restored to His temple. By this I am not saying there is anything negative about places to worship God… but only commenting on the archetype since nothing God says contradicts him and He is not double minded and His law of the spirit of life (romans 8:2) of course remains forever unchanged…❤️💕

We don't live under the Torah.

The description of Revelation 7 bears a strong resemblance to LDS temple rites:

That was true for the NT saints also:

Acts 2:44-46--King James Version
44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

How does that cover up or cancel out the temple?
the white robes refers to the resurrection body no? not anything in the fallen situation.

the white robes refers to the resurrection body no? not anything in the fallen situation.

I've never heard that before. Where is that found?

The scriptures do indicate the white is symbolic of being washed in the Blood of the Lamb--or, possibly--"the righteousness of the saints"--as indicated by Rev19:8.

white robes refer to white robes and people wear them like any other kind of robe except these are white. I'm sure there is symbolism in it but robes can be removed. Are you suggesting that we will be able to remove our resurrected bodies like a robe?

white robes refer to white robes and people wear them like any other kind of robe except these are white. I'm sure there is symbolism in it but robes can be removed. Are you suggesting that we will be able to remove our resurrected bodies like a robe?
no.. not ever removing them once we are restored to them … pondering the fall though , the past situation on that point (of losing eden nature and acquiring mortal nature after adam).

i read the passage and much of rev as having transcendent context in the other reality so I would not see the robes as material clothing... the symbol of robes being a real reference to our resurrection bodies, which restored will be His temple.

Last edited:
I've never heard that before. Where is that found?

The scriptures do indicate the white is symbolic of being washed in the Blood of the Lamb--or, possibly--"the righteousness of the saints"--as indicated by Rev19:8.
i ll try to find the reference back in scripture… im old so that’s my excuse for needing more time. i read this as an archetype of what will be our restored nature to His image as sons and daughters, in His paradise…. so so lovely

meanwhile, though just a glance, reading some of these I clearly see the context of our resurrection nature expressed by the white robes…. note Christ after His resurrection. no reason to be amazed by mere earthly clothing.

Last edited:
I'm not sure anyone has expressed amazement about clothing--only that Revelatrion7:14-15 is a close parallel to LDS temples. Even the fact there is a temple violates some of the critic's views here.
i am not saying that there isn't a throne room in heaven of course
...but the resurrection body being temple of Him and shown by the white robes makes sense...

the other reality has real things...
still the souls of Him as His temple and each our glorious resurrected body as His temple...
and His entire kingdom too, and all the places in His realm in paradise makes sense

no.. not ever removing them once we are restored to them
This is truly odd. We had bodies of white robes before we were born? If not, how can we be restored to something we never had?
pondering the fall though , the past situation on that point (of losing eden nature and acquiring mortal nature after adam).
That has nothing to do with temples in the last days. There will be an innumerable host worshiping there, but you'll probably disregard that because it doesn't fit your narrative.

This is the problem false religions experience when their ideas don't fit the scriptures, they tend to ignore anything that doesn't agree with their ideas or make up something that usually runs along lines like this, "That's not what they meant" or "that's symbolic not literal".

We don't have to ignore or make up anything. The scriptural narrative runs and in glove with our religion as it stands. For example, as it's been stated, we have temples and we have innumerable hosts worshiping in them day and night and they are all dressed in white. Did I mention they also come from almost every nation, kindred, and language? We also have that. The restoration of temple worship should be the main indicator that the church that Christ formed is once again on the earth (I mean, if apostles and prophets weren't a big enough clue).
i read the passage and much of rev as having transcendent context in the other reality
This generally goes along the lines of, "this is what they meant" and it obviously indicates that much of Revelations goes over many peoples heads. It is very symbolic but if you don't know what those symbols mean, then it becomes difficult to separate the literal from the symbolic. So, are the 7 churches symbolic or literal? Did John send letters to them or did he dream them up? It could go either way. It could be both symbolic and literal. The letters certainly could be literal and so can temples with multitudes from every nation worshiping day and night in them, all dressed in white. Those could all be literal. But you don't know. You certainly have nothing like it, not symbolically or literally, so you have to make something up to answer the confusion that exists within your religions, not just yours but almost all Christian religions.

I don't know if you have addressed the passing away of the earth and heaven with replacements for both, but the temple exists in the last days before the heavens and the earth passed away. That temple and those people exist before the earth passes away.

This is truly odd. We had bodies of white robes before we were born? If not, how can we be restored to something we never had?
restore means to restore what was lost, though of course it’s new
That has nothing to do with temples in the last days. There will be an innumerable host worshiping there, but you'll probably disregard that because it doesn't fit your narrative.
i don’t have a narrative and haven’t said anyone should not have a church building …
This is the problem false religions experience when their ideas don't fit the scriptures, they tend to ignore anything that doesn't agree with their ideas or make up something that usually runs along lines like this, "That's not what they meant" or "that's symbolic not literal".
every single symbol is literal. symbols refer to a real thing, be it here, before the fall in paradise, the other world, principalities, the new creation soon…

symbols have a context which is why i saw the white robes as our restored glorified body .. after reading the different examples of the term

i don’t read theology or commentaries since ages ago so don’t know how others interpret it. usually i just read but i replied this time because of the interesting robes theme, which i understood from Him to be our resurrected body, which is the temple of Him.
We don't have to ignore or make up anything. The scriptural narrative runs and in glove with our religion as it stands. For example, as it's been stated, we have temples and we have innumerable hosts worshiping in them day and night and they are all dressed in white. Did I mention they also come from almost every nation, kindred, and language? We also have that. The restoration of temple worship should be the main indicator that the church that Christ formed is once again on the earth (I mean, if apostles and prophets weren't a big enough clue).
i don’t know much about your beliefs, admittedly so i can’t comment on the practices other than to say that my practice is just talking to God and listening Him. I’m a bit of a shut in of late so that’s what i do. I pray night and day His return.
This generally goes along the lines of, "this is what they meant" and it obviously indicates that much of Revelations goes over many peoples heads. It is very symbolic but if you don't know what those symbols mean, then it becomes difficult to separate the literal from the symbolic.
every symbol, if it was translated correctly, is literal.
the problem is, often what reality, the context meant, is not identified since often it’s assumed the context is on this earth as the only or main context.
So, are the 7 churches symbolic or literal?

well literal but that would take a long time and go off the op.

Did John send letters to them or did he dream them up? It could go either way. It could be both symbolic and literal. The letters certainly could be literal and so can temples with multitudes from every nation worshiping day and night in them, all dressed in white. Those could all be literal. But you don't know. You certainly have nothing like it, not symbolically or literally, so you have to make something up to answer the confusion that exists within your religions, not just yours but almost all Christian religions.
i don’t attend any group. I just stay with God all I can. and I listen to Him
I don't know if you have addressed the passing away of the earth and heaven with replacements for both, but the temple exists in the last days before the heavens and the earth passed away. That temple and those people exist before the earth passes away.
perhaps you should make a thread then since i do not know more than that He brings His souls to paradise in His reality in the other world, and that this earth and body passes away.

thank you for the response brotherofjared.

Last edited:
Magdalena said: But what we do know is Christ told us God lives in us now, not in man-made temples.

I have the argument that we are temples of God--whenever the reality of constructed temples are brought up--on a number of occasions.

That does not preclude the temples found in Rev7 or 11--or anywhere else in Revelation. The temples there are not human bodies.

Anyone care to engage that?

Bonnie said:---That is true, but in this case the OLD covenant was growing old and obsolete and ready to disappear. It did so with the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem in 70 AD, by the Romans. Maybe God was trying to tell the Jews something....

Where do we find that connection? Certainly, not in the Biblical text.

Did you make that up to cover the fact your church does not have a temple?

So--if the OT covenant was made obsolete by the destruction of the temple--then why would God bring it forth here?

Revelation 7:13-15--King James Version

So--what was God trying to tell the Jews there?

Anyone care to engage this?

Anyone care to engage this?
We already have many times. The verse talks about a (singular) Jewish temple somewhere around the throne of God, at some point in time after the great tribulation. It’s not about Mormon temples. And no, it’s not describing Mormon temples. Nothing like them.

I don’t think you’re really interested in “engaging.” You only want to keep posting it.

Back