Your belief vs your neighbors unbelief

Theo1689

Interesting that you would take that position since in my first post on that topic I cited Thayer and exactly quoted his words.
Yet you claim I did neither.

I did NOT make any such claim, seth.
That's why CARM rules require you to provide a LINKED QUOTE in addressing what others say, so that you can't falsely misrepresent them as you just did to me.

What I ACTUALLY said was that your quote of Thayer was NOT referring to John 1:12. And I've explained this a number of times already, so anyone who is actually INTERESTED in the truth can plainly understand it.

Thayer NEVER said "lambano" in John 1:12 allegedly means, "lay hold of". He says it has that meaning in OTHER passages, such as:
"taking bread":
"taking fish";
"taking flour";
"taking a sword";
"taking a mustard seed",
referring to something PHYSICAL, but not in John 1:12.

Seriously, it's not a difficult concept to understand.

Sethproton

I did NOT make any such claim, seth.
That's why CARM rules require you to provide a LINKED QUOTE in addressing what others say, so that you can't falsely misrepresent them as you just did to me.

What I ACTUALLY said was that your quote of Thayer was NOT referring to John 1:12. And I've explained this a number of times already, so anyone who is actually INTERESTED in the truth can plainly understand it.

Thayer NEVER said "lambano" in John 1:12 allegedly means, "lay hold of". He says it has that meaning in OTHER passages, such as:
"taking bread":
"taking fish";
"taking flour";
"taking a sword";
"taking a mustard seed",
referring to something PHYSICAL, but not in John 1:12.

Seriously, it's not a difficult concept to understand.
And what did Thayer say lambano means in John 1:12?

Theo1689

And what did Thayer say lambano means in John 1:12?

You don't know?
He's YOUR source, and YOU don't know what he said?!

Sorry, seth, I don't work for you. I don't do your job for you.
If you want to make an argument about what Thayer allegedly said regarding John 1:12, YOU need to make the argument, not me.

Sethproton

You don't know?
He's YOUR source, and YOU don't know what he said?!

Sorry, seth, I don't work for you. I don't do your job for you.
If you want to make an argument about what Thayer allegedly said regarding John 1:12, YOU need to make the argument, not me.
Yes he is the source I use, and apparently you do as well until you don't like what he says