YOUR FAITH HAS SAVED YOU!

civic

You evading, Do you deny that her forgiveness is based on the finished work of Christ, His Precious Blood Col 1:14

In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Umm errr the OP is Luke 7 mr rabbit .

civic

Since you are incapable of proving your assumptions from Luke 7 it shows you you do not understand the first principle of basic hermeneutics.

Have a nice day going down your rabbit trails. I’m not interested in your games. Let me know when you can address the “ context “ in the OP which is Luke 7.

Every time you are challenged you run away from the text.

hope this helps !!!

brightfame52

Since you are incapable of proving your assumptions from Luke 7 it shows you you do not understand the first principle of basic hermeneutics.

Have a nice day going down your rabbit trails. I’m not interested in your games. Let me know when you can address the “ context “ in the OP which is Luke 7.

Every time you are challenged you run away from the text.

hope this helps !!!
You believe her forgiveness of sins came some other way than the blood of Christ my friend?

civic

You believe her forgiveness of sins came some other way than the blood of Christ my friend?
Bait n switch.

I challenged you from the text to prove she was saved and forgiven prior to her faith which you could not prove since the text says just the opposite that because of her faith demonstrated by her works( perfume, tears, kissing ) her sins were forgiven by Jesus.

Then instead of refuting me from the text to prove your point you started quoting other texts and asking questions- eisegesis.

BTW- you will never win argument with me you are incapable of such a task. There are others here that can but you are not one of them.

hope this helps !!!

Tercon

The degree to which we believe it is known as Sola Fide; IE Faith Alone. Justification through Faith is SO important, we say it's 'as if' it were the lone factor of Salvation...

The reason for that refrain is because Calvinism is being argued against here; and heartily defended here. But let's suppose the Calvinists went to the Catholicism Board; what would happen? I think you would witness a resounding refrain of Sola Fide...

Coming to Forums like this definitely gives you a one-sided impression of us ..

Belief is the lone factor in everything that God does, it is even the means by which He makes Himself known to the believer.

Tercon

That isn't what Jesus said. Why do you ignore what Jesus said? Jesus said her faith had saved her. Read it again...

Luk 7:50 And he said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”
Yes, because faith originates in and with God. If not, then how could our faith be from or of God?

brightfame52

Bait n switch.

I challenged you from the text to prove she was saved and forgiven prior to her faith which you could not prove since the text says just the opposite that because of her faith demonstrated by her works( perfume, tears, kissing ) her sins were forgiven by Jesus.

Then instead of refuting me from the text to prove your point you started quoting other texts and asking questions- eisegesis.

BTW- you will never win argument with me you are incapable of such a task. There are others here that can but you are not one of them.

hope this helps !!!
I'm challenging you back. Was she forgiven any other way than the blood of Christ He shed at the Cross?

civic

I'm challenging you back. Was she forgiven any other way than the blood of Christ He shed at the Cross?
Challenge ignored until you address Luke 7 and prove your ideas/ assertion from the actual OP which you ran away from so until you do that everything else from you is vanity . You claimed she was saved and forgiven prior to her faith . Now prove that from Jesus words in Luke 7. I asked you first so it’s up to you not me. Your rabbit trails are not a valid response to the question.

Vanity vanity all is vanity ……..

hope this helps!!!

praise_yeshua

Yes, because faith originates in and with God. If not, then how could our faith be from or of God?

Everything comes from God. The very soul of men comes from God. Surely you can't believe every soul is saved because such came from God?

Every good and perfect comes from above. It rains on the just and unjust alike.

In like manner, Faith can exist without application. Faith in action is a different "thing".

The women in the Luke 7 took action that resulted her forgiveness of sin. I believe what Jesus said.

brightfame52

Challenge ignored until you address Luke 7 and prove your ideas/ assertion from the actual OP which you ran away from so until you do that everything else from you is vanity . You claimed she was saved and forgiven prior to her faith . Now prove that from Jesus words in Luke 7. I asked you first so it’s up to you not me. Your rabbit trails are not a valid response to the question.

Vanity vanity all is vanity ……..

hope this helps!!!
I'm still going to challenge you and you can ignore it all you want. Was her forgiveness of sins based upon Christ Blood or something else?