YOUR FAITH HAS SAVED YOU!

praise_yeshua

I'm still going to challenge you and you can ignore it all you want. Was her forgiveness of sins based upon Christ Blood or something else?

Maybe this will help....

The Blood of Jesus Christ will eradicate sin. It is more than just a "covering". It is more than just "cleansing".

However, that fact does not establish the foundation wherein all people benefit.

You're making a Universalist argument and don't even realize it.

Tercon

Everything comes from God. The very soul of men comes from God. Surely you can't believe every soul is saved because such came from God?

Every good and perfect comes from above. It rains on the just and unjust alike.

In like manner, Faith can exist without application. Faith in action is a different "thing".

Illogical and false, how can you know "Faith can exist" or occur "without" a believing mind to exist in and with? There is no faith without a believing mind, in what way and place can faith exist and occur outside of or without a believing mind?

The women in the Luke 7 took action that resulted her forgiveness of sin. I believe what Jesus said.

Actually I believe that she believed what Jesus believed and that was what caused her to take the action she took.

praise_yeshua

Illogical and false, how can you know "Faith can exist" or occur "without" a believing mind to exist in and with? There is no faith without a believing mind, in what way and place can faith exist and occur outside of or without a believing mind?

Devils believe and tremble.

Heb 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

There are plenty of people in this world that believe God, yet they refuse to express faith in seeking Him.

Actually I believe that she believed what Jesus believed and that was what caused her to take the action she took.

I never said otherwise.

You misunderstand faith. Saving faith says... "I want this".... "This is for me".... "I believe God will do exactly what He said He will do".... FOR ME!

Tercon

Devils believe and tremble.

Devils "tremble" with fear, and they have this fear because they don't believe the truth in and about God. And devils don't believe what Christ and believers believe in and about God.

Heb 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

There are plenty of people in this world that believe God, yet they refuse to express faith in seeking Him.

I never said otherwise.

You misunderstand faith. Saving faith says... "I want this".... "This is for me".... "I believe God will do exactly what He said He will do".... FOR ME!

Faith is the belief that believer's have in and about the truth and reality of God.

Last edited:

praise_yeshua

Devils don't believe what Christ and believers believe in and about God.

Sure they do. They have no sacrifice to claim. Jesus didn't die for them.

Faith is the belief that believer's have in and about the truth and reality of God.

You can believe whatever you want about God. True or not. What matters is you believe God will do what He said He will do for you. That is "taking Him at His Word". There have been plenty of things I've changed in getting to know Him more. When I expressed faith that God will do what HE said he would do, FOR ME.....I was born again.

Tercon

Sure they do. They have no sacrifice to claim. Jesus didn't die for them.

If devils believed the same thing that Christ and believers believed in and about God, then they would be believers too silly.

You can believe whatever you want about God. True or not.

Strawman. You are the one with the illogical and false belief. And the above is a demonstration of that false belief you have about God.

What matters is you believe God will do what He said He will do for you. That is "taking Him at His Word". There have been plenty of things I've changed in getting to know Him more. When I expressed faith that God will do what HE said he would do, FOR ME.....I was born again.

What matters to God is that we believe as He does and the believer gets to know and experience His truth and reality.

praise_yeshua

If devils believed the same thing that Christ and believers believed in and about God, then they would be believers too silly.

No. They wouldn't. Jesus didn't take upon Himself the form of angels to die in their place.

Heb 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Heb 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
Heb 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
Heb 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

His Eternal priesthood was to man. Not angels.

Strawman. You are the one with the illogical and false belief. And the above is a demonstration of that false belief you have about God.

You're ignoring the fact that your beliefs have changed through your experience. Much of it false about God. We ALL have a sinful past.

What matters to God is that we believe as He does and the believer gets to know and experience His truth and reality.

If this were true, then God would never fellowship with any of us. Our fellowship is in the Son. Not in our own weaknesses/strengths.

brightfame52

Maybe this will help....

The Blood of Jesus Christ will eradicate sin. It is more than just a "covering". It is more than just "cleansing".

However, that fact does not establish the foundation wherein all people benefit.

You're making a Universalist argument and don't even realize it.
When Jesus told her, your sins are forgiven, was it based on His shed blood ? Simple yes or No

praise_yeshua

When Jesus told her, your sins are forgiven, was it based on His shed blood ? Simple yes or No

Answers are seldom as simple as "yes or no". My children still think they can get what they want by forcing such a simple answer out of me. If they don't want to listen, it usually involves a "no".... :)

Tercon

No. They wouldn't. Jesus didn't take upon Himself the form of angels to die in their place.

You're just being stubborn. Demons don't believe the same thing in and about God that Christ and believers do. They believe lies or disbelieve the truth about God, but they don't believe the truth about Christ and believers do. When

Heb 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Angels are created in a different way than God's children are, angels don't believe like humans do, but ONLY man believes in the same way Christ does. That's why angels watch believers to see what God's next move is.

Heb 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

And Abraham was called righteous because he believed.

Heb 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Yup; for people and not angels.

Heb 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

His Eternal priesthood was to man. Not angels.

You're ignoring the fact that your beliefs have changed through your experience. Much of it false about God. We ALL have a sinful past.

Strawman. I am not depending on my belief, but those that originated in and with God; IOW His belief. And God's beliefs don't change.

If this were true, then God would never fellowship with any of us. Our fellowship is in the Son. Not in our own weaknesses/strengths.

Believers know and experiences God's fellowship not because of something that originated in and with them, but because the believer's belief originated in and with Christ and his belief is perfect.

Satan didn't know Jesus was God. Or how and why believers are the children of God. For the principalities watch us to see how God's Spirit is moving in us.

Then Jesus was led up to the wilderness by the Spirit, to be tempted by the Devil, and having fasted forty days and forty nights, afterwards he did hunger.
And the Tempter having come to him said, `If Son thou art of God -- speak that these stones may become loaves.'
But he answering said, `It hath been written, Not upon bread alone doth man live, but upon every word coming forth from the mouth of God.'
Then doth the Devil take him to the [holy] city, and doth set him on the pinnacle of the temple, and saith to him, `If Son thou art of God -- cast thyself down, for it hath been written, that, His messengers He shall charge concerning thee, and on hands they shall bear thee up, that thou mayest not dash on a stone thy foot.'
Jesus said to him again, `It hath been written, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.'
Again doth the Devil take him to a very high mount, and doth shew to him all the kingdoms of the world and the glory of them, and saith to him, `All these to thee I will give, if falling down thou mayest bow to me.'
Then saith Jesus to him, `Go -- Adversary, for it hath been written, The Lord thy God thou shalt bow to, and Him only thou shalt serve.' Then doth the Devil leave him, and lo, messengers came and were ministering to him. (Matthew 4:1-11)

brightfame52

No it was based upon His Person as God. Only God can forgive sin. Calvary was future. Luke 7 He had not died for sin.

next…..
So do you intend here that God forgives Sin apart from His Justice being Satisfied by the Person and Work of the Lord Jesus Christ ? Was this women sin forgiven because they were imputed to Christ as her Surety and Substitute ? Yea or Nay

brightfame52

Answers are seldom as simple as "yes or no". My children still think they can get what they want by forcing such a simple answer out of me. If they don't want to listen, it usually involves a "no".... :)
Was the women sins forgiven based upon the fact she was one of His Sheep that He was going to lay down His Life for as Her Surety ? Yes or No friend

brightfame52

No it was based upon His Person as God. Only God can forgive sin. Calvary was future. Luke 7 He had not died for sin.

next…..
So are you saying God didnt forgive sins based upon Christs blood and righteousness before He actually died on the cross ? Yes or No so its clear

brightfame52

The women who Christ spoke the gracious words to Lk 7:48

48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven, she had already been forgiven by Christ before He spake those words to her. The reason why this is true is by what Jesus said in Vs 47

47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

Also by what Jesus said in Vs 41-43

41 There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty.

42 And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most?

43 Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged.

Also the actions of this sinful women towards Christ were acts of Love because she had perceived the Love of Christ towards her and the forgiveness He has given her. Jesus said she lovest much vs 47

47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

Love to Christ is reciprocal of His Love to us 1 Jn 4:19

We love him, because he first loved us.

And such love to God in Christ is evidence of having been given the Spirit Rom 5:5

And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Now did not her expressions of Love toward Christ in kissing His feet come before His words to her in Vs 48

48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

By Faith she had already perceived the Love of God towards her personally 1 Jn 3:16

Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

In her case it was given to her to perceive that Christ was going to lay down His life for her, because her sins had been charged to Him already !

civic

@brightfame52 has no clue what context or exegesis means which is obvious by his two previous posts. He thinks asking questions is exegesis. No wonder everyone avoids your threads like the plague.

hope this helps !!!