YOUR FAITH HAS SAVED YOU!

praise_yeshua

Was the women sins forgiven based upon the fact she was one of His Sheep that He was going to lay down His Life for as Her Surety ? Yes or No friend

Jesus Christ died for all men. This is evident in the fact that he took upon Himself the form of sinful man. There isn't one bodily form of what you believe the "elect" to be and the bodily form of those you believe to be the "damned".

civic

So do you intend here that God forgives Sin apart from His Justice being Satisfied by the Person and Work of the Lord Jesus Christ ? Was this women sin forgiven because they were imputed to Christ as her Surety and Substitute ? Yea or Nay
Context !

Nothing imputed below. But His Authority as God is being demonstrated. Once again you lack the ability to understand the context of Jesus Authority to forgive sins. It has to do with His person and nothing else. He placed no conditions or knowledge/understanding upon them with theology. It was based upon their faith and trust in Him alone.

Luke 7:48-49
48 Then Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”
49 The other guests began to say among themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?”

Luke 5:21
But the scribes and Pharisees began thinking to themselves, "Who is this man who speaks blasphemy? Who can forgive sins but God alone?

Mark 2:7
Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?

next...................

brightfame52

Jesus Christ died for all men. This is evident in the fact that he took upon Himself the form of sinful man. There isn't one bodily form of what you believe the "elect" to be and the bodily form of those you believe to be the "damned".
Was the women sins forgiven based upon the fact she was one of His Sheep that He was going to lay down His Life for as Her Surety ? Yes or No friend

brightfame52

Context !

Nothing imputed below. But His Authority as God is being demonstrated. Once again you lack the ability to understand the context of Jesus Authority to forgive sins. It has to do with His person and nothing else. He placed no conditions or knowledge/understanding upon them with theology. It was based upon their faith and trust in Him alone.

Luke 7:48-49
48 Then Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”
49 The other guests began to say among themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?”

Luke 5:21
But the scribes and Pharisees began thinking to themselves, "Who is this man who speaks blasphemy? Who can forgive sins but God alone?

Mark 2:7
Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?

next...................
So do you intend here that God forgives Sin apart from His Justice being Satisfied by the Person and Work of the Lord Jesus Christ ? Was this women sin forgiven because they were imputed to Christ as her Surety and Substitute ? Yea or Nay

civic

Read the bible from the refences I provided and Jesus words on His forgiving others of their sins.

You ADD to scripture which is a no no and take away from scripture which is a no no.

The bible teaches that whosoever adds or takes away reaps CONDEMNATION.

oops you better look into the mirror and see your reflection as that passage is pointing right at you.

hope this helps !!!

praise_yeshua

You answered it with a curve ball. Was the women sins forgiven based upon the fact she was one of His Sheep that He was going to lay down His Life for as Her Surety ? Yes or No friend

Not that it has anything to do with what I wrote in the OP.... but Jesus said that He had power on earth to forgive sins. I believe Him. It would be good if you did the same. That would make a interesting discussion for another thread.

Manfred

Bad comparison. Faith is unique.
13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Love will never cease, faith will when you see Him face to face.

It is by love that He saves us, not by faith that we save ourselves.
He grants us the faith we have because He loved us first.

praise_yeshua

13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Love will never cease, faith will when you see Him face to face.

It is by love that He saves us, not by faith that we save ourselves.
He grants us the faith we have because He loved us first.

Faith will cease?

Faith doesn't end in sight. Faith is an absolute trust. There have been plenty of people who have seen the very hand of God in their life that do not have faith in God.

civic

Faith will cease?

Faith doesn't end in sight. Faith is an absolute trust. There have been plenty of people who have seen the very hand of God in their life that do not have faith in God.
I think he means in eternity after this heavens and earth are done away with py.

praise_yeshua

I think he means in eternity after this heavens and earth are done away with py.

There will always be something we will have to "trust" God with... .even in Eternity. Our faith "ending in sight" is just a very small portion. There is great faith to be had in Eternity. I don't believe we will ever know everything like God. He has no equal.

civic

There will always be something we will have to "trust" God with... .even in Eternity. Our faith "ending in sight" is just a very small portion. There is great faith to be had in Eternity. I don't believe we will ever know everything like God. He has no equal.
What do you think it means in 1 Cor 13 when it says faith will cease ?

praise_yeshua

What do you think it means in 1 Cor 13 when it says faith will cease ?

Within context it is the faith/trust we employ have not received the fullness of the promises afforded us in our relationship with Jesus Christ.

Having received those promises, I believe there will be MORE ahead. Like the old preacher once said.... we are on the little end of something BIG.....

Manfred

Faith will cease?

Are you saying that when you have received your glorified body and you are standing in the presence of God you will still have to believe He exists?

I don't want to play stupid semantic games, but when I see Him face to face and when I am in His presence for all eternity I will not need to believe or hope for it.

When I said faith will cease, I did not talk about in this life.

Manfred

Within context it is the faith/trust we employ have not received the fullness of the promises afforded us in our relationship with Jesus Christ.

Having received those promises, I believe there will be MORE ahead. Like the old preacher once said.... we are on the little end of something BIG.....
Not true

Faith and Hope are used with Love in the context.
Give up your argument, for you are only trying to argue for argument sake.

praise_yeshua

Are you saying that when you have received your glorified body and you are standing in the presence of God you will still have to believe He exists?

How in the world did you get that from what I said? I believe He exist now. There is more to our senses that sight. Jesus told a man in hell one day that his brother wouldn't believe even if one arose from the grave and came to him. People see things every day and don't believe.

I don't want to play stupid semantic games, but when I see Him face to face and when I am in His presence for all eternity I will not need to believe or hope for it.

When I said faith will cease, I did not talk about in this life.

I know what you meant and I'm NOT playing semantic games. You can believe whatever you want to believe that is your freewill in action. However, it seems so petty and small to think that we instantly know everything God knows in Eternity. There will be plenty to trust Him for in the future.

praise_yeshua

Not true

Faith and Hope are used with Love in the context.
Give up your argument, for you are only trying to argue for argument sake.

Where does PEACE fit in that equation you've extend there? He is OUR PEACE.....

Paul is making a logical argument that only operates in the context of his discussion. He isn't trying to use a few sentences to deal with the entirety of a very complex construct.